Investment is about choices and risk taking. It has the ability to generate profits or cause losses. The same concept implies in life. The choice that we made is an investment. It influences the goals we aspire to achieve. I aspire to build a successful career in Sales and Trading, and I believe choosing Imperial College Business School to do the Msc degree is a good investment.
Msc Finance of the Imperial College Business School is a good course to skyrocket my career in the finance industry. It would provide me the best path in achieving my career goal. Unlike any other Msc Fi...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- PERSONAL STATEMENT I always remember the moment that I was excited. The moment was that I awarded the 1st place and got the gold medal in the mathematics competition when I was a little girl in the 3rd grade. Since that time, I hadbegun to be attracted to the mathematics. I could not imagine my future without mathematics. It directed me to become a financial officer. My interest in financial management developed as a student at the Institute of Finance and Economics, where accounting was my major.... [tags: mongolia, consultancy, stock market]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Probably, most people start their personal statement with “ever since I was little…”, but that’s not the case for me. My story is a little different; I always wanted to be an architect or an engineer, studying anything business-related simply never even crossed my mind, until recently, when a great-uncle of mine recommended I read The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham. After reading it, I was fascinated. I dove deeper into business and finance, and found it amazing. The relationship between nature, mathematics and business astonishes me.... [tags: small business, finance]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- Half of the world’s population is living below or near poverty line, which is 2 or less then two US dollars. To encourage the development and eliminated poverty UN have announced their goal of millennium to eradicate poverty till 2015. Pakistan is 87th poorest country of the world and 23% of its population is living under poverty line, which is US$ 1 per day. Micro finance is a method to alleviate poverty and empower, and raise the living standard of poor people. Micro finances are provided by the MFIs, who address the financial needs of poor people, neglected by the conventional financial institutions.... [tags: Finance]
3879 words (11.1 pages)
- Finance Wikipedia's accurate definition of finance is "The activity of finance is the application of a set of techniques that individuals and organizations (entities) use to manage their financial affairs, particularly the differences between income and expenditure and the risks of their investments" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finance. I discuss the importance of keeping track and updating financial reports as well as simple bank statements. These are just some of the essentials that I believe we all as a people should acknowledge.... [tags: Business Finance]
1805 words (5.2 pages)
- A personal statement to a school of choice has shown to be hard to write. You want to be able to give the school a glimpse of who you are, how you came to be this person who is applying to their program, and who you want to eventually be. You want to be able to show the passion and drive you have for learning, for mastering your aspired career. You want to show the school why they shouldn’t just accept you, they should want you. The task is intimidating, to say the least. But I am most willing to give it my best shot.... [tags: Adler School of Professional Psychology]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- Basic Finance The main purpose of studying finance is to gain an understanding of the financial performance of a company, corporation or industry. By looking at a company's financial performance, decisions can be made about many things by many different players. Corporations are rated by different agencies that examine financial records and potential for growth. Fitch ratings are a good example of this. My employer has an A++ Fitch rating. This high rating allows a non-profit company to borrow money at lower interest rates.... [tags: Business Finance Analysis]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- My long term career goal is to found my own financial company that specializes in applying advanced analytics tools to solve complex financial problems. Having worked as a financial analytics analyst for more than 6 months at Enova Financial, a Chicago-based consumer online financing company, my passion towards financial analytics is reinforced. Ranging from basic data query and reporting to predictive modeling and optimization, data analytics has assumed a more important role in today’s financial services industry.... [tags: statement of purpose]
709 words (2 pages)
- My extensive hands-on experience and evidence of achieving results as a leader and a manager demonstrates my ability to quickly understand and learn new concepts and issues. Over the last two years I have been seconded to several different and challenging positions due to my personal drive, focus on outcomes, integrity and agility, i.e.: - I currently manage the closure of the Australian Technical Colleges program after managing the $14.7b Building the Education Revolution (BER) IT and Communications Section.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- When I was a freshmen in Assumption University (AU), my friend, Bee, often asked me to help him with his business because I specialize in public speaking and communication. I am able to speak fluently in multiple languages: Cantonese, English, Thai, and some Spanish. For his business, he designed many styles of clothing, so he wanted me to help him promote and sell them. This was the first time I experienced real business. Through this, I have learned that business is a lot more complex than just knowledge and theories.... [tags: business, communication, educatoin]
628 words (1.8 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The purpose of this paper is to examine if “Currency Hedging at firm level adds share-holder values”. A lot of papers have been written based on this sentence and there are many opinions that have been vented through of these researches. In a perfect world, according to Modigliani and Miller theorem, there is no reason to hedge because hedging does not add value to the firm. So, when there is not asymmetric information, taxes and transaction cost risk management is irrelevant to firms.... [tags: Foreign Currency, Hedging, Foreign Exchange]
1379 words (3.9 pages)