Investment is about choices and risk taking. It has the ability to generate profits or cause losses. The same concept implies in life. The choice that we made is an investment. It influences the goals we aspire to achieve. I aspire to build a successful career in Sales and Trading, and I believe choosing Imperial College Business School to do the Msc degree is a good investment.
Msc Finance of the Imperial College Business School is a good course to skyrocket my career in the finance industry. It would provide me the best path in achieving my career goal. Unlike any other Msc Fi...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For a goal to be the most efficient it can be, it has to be S.M.A.R.T. as Siegel and Yacht (2009) explain in our textbook, Personal Finance. Personal finance is the way we conduct and work with our own household finances and how we make the best of what we have. Goals we make in doing that have to be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. Let me explain these five individually. We have to make our goals specific which means nothing general such as, "my goal is to succeed in life.” Those kinds of goals won 't work.... [tags: Finance, Investment, Debt, Economics]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Personal Statement ZHAO FENG As an undergraduate who studies accounting and finance. I started to learn about accounting and finance since 2013 when I was in A-level. At that time, we have been asking to present business news in each economic class. It has motives me to gathering finical information from The Economist and BBC The world business News report. The experiences of working as an intern at the Bank of HEBEI in 2013 and PWC in 2016 have encouraged me to become a professional accountant.... [tags: Finance, Economics, Bank, Model Audit]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- PERSONAL STATEMENT I always remember the moment that I was excited. The moment was that I awarded the 1st place and got the gold medal in the mathematics competition when I was a little girl in the 3rd grade. Since that time, I hadbegun to be attracted to the mathematics. I could not imagine my future without mathematics. It directed me to become a financial officer. My interest in financial management developed as a student at the Institute of Finance and Economics, where accounting was my major.... [tags: mongolia, consultancy, stock market]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- My interest in marketing was sparked in 11th grade when I had my first marketing class in high school. At first, I viewed the class as just an elective course with no true benefit; however, when course began, my thoughts were changed completely due to its application to the real world. My curiosity suddenly became a passion as I excelled in my marketing class. My teacher was so impressed that she advised me to join DECA - the marketing, finance, hospitality, and management based club at my school.... [tags: Management, Business, Want, Leadership]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Probably, most people start their personal statement with “ever since I was little…”, but that’s not the case for me. My story is a little different; I always wanted to be an architect or an engineer, studying anything business-related simply never even crossed my mind, until recently, when a great-uncle of mine recommended I read The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham. After reading it, I was fascinated. I dove deeper into business and finance, and found it amazing. The relationship between nature, mathematics and business astonishes me.... [tags: small business, finance]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- Personal statement Through my internships during each university’s summer vacation, I realised although I have learnt some financial knowledge within courses and in my spare time, it is not enough for my career goal of becoming a junior quantitative analyst at an investment bank in the short term. Therefore, I would like to extend my understanding by acquiring systematic learning in Finance and Business Economics at Alliance MBS. In order to illustrate the preparation I have done in the past, I will demonstrate it through my quantitative analysis, financial focus and my internship experience.... [tags: Economics, Finance, Investment, Social sciences]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Reflecting on the pathway of my financial affairs reminded me of a quote by David Ramsey, “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” As young adults we have the proclivity not to consider our futures but concentrate on living in the present. Being put in better words by Charles Jaffe, “It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits.” Without accurate knowledge, the effects of not budgeting comes with the responsibilities of debt; then comes the stress and need for more money.... [tags: Investment, Finance, Debt, Money]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- My family values saving, benevolence and stewardship, offering generously of money and time while living within our means, without debt. My Dad, now 71, retired when I was born; my Mom, currently 58, has supported our family financially and anticipates retirement after I graduate. We live on a single income, yet have never gone without. Over my lifetime, they have taught me completely; I will live well, yet within my means. We completed Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University while I was a senior in high school to help further prepare me for my financial future.... [tags: Investment, Debt, Finance, Money]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Finance Wikipedia's accurate definition of finance is "The activity of finance is the application of a set of techniques that individuals and organizations (entities) use to manage their financial affairs, particularly the differences between income and expenditure and the risks of their investments" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finance. I discuss the importance of keeping track and updating financial reports as well as simple bank statements. These are just some of the essentials that I believe we all as a people should acknowledge.... [tags: Business Finance]
1805 words (5.2 pages)