Going back the other way to score, we rotated as a play was called out by the point guard. He raised his hand putting up four fingers obviously indicating play four. This play was where I was supposed to finish strong in the post. So the team rotated slowly setting a few screens allowing me to move quickly to the right lane by the baseline. As I got the ball, the first one-on-one move I did was a juke step followed by an ankle breaker, which threw off the defender. This was a moment where I could draw some contact easily as the help defense was coming at me. When they did I spun off t...
... middle of paper ...
...e before he could get to me. The game had gone on our way and we were up by six with two and a half minutes to go. We wasted a lot of clock so the other team could not quickly score and break down our lead. All was well and the game was decided as the clock had expired and it was the end of regulation. Our home crowd broke out on the floor and started to celebrate. We had one the tournament and the championship. A feeling of pride ran through me as our team jumped on each other to celebrate. I was at the bottom of the pile and I started laughing. The celebration was huge as pictures where taken a lot of smiles ever where, it was a good feeling. We had won and that’s what matters most. We shook hands with the other team as the left the court in misery. I had also noticed our coach running around the court hugging everyone in sight. We had just won!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Test Anxiety Finals Paper Sara Varsames Education 101 (M/W 11:45-1pm) 10 December 2015 Any student at any level of education would have to say they have experienced some kind of level of anxiety in their academic career. Whether it is from standardized testing, impressing teachers, or academically hard classes, students experience an unhealthy amount of stress every day. Standardized testing can come at the earliest ages of schooling, and therefore almost immediately sets a precedent for the oncoming stress in the next eighteen years they will be in school.... [tags: Anxiety, Psychology, High school, Fear]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- I am writing this letter to you while preparing for a mountain of finals coming up, and I bet you are bound to do the same thing as me. You possibly are complaining about it, but it is your responsibility as well as fortune. Therefore, the first thing I want to talk about with you is responsibility. We all come to this position on purposes, and the purposes might be free housing, considerable salary or treasured leadership experience. However, one inevitable takeaway facing us is taking the responsibility to the community.... [tags: Need, Want, Debut albums, Citizenship]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Me, and my friend named Matt were talking about sports one day last year, when our conversation took a drastic turn into an argument. The sport of topic was Basketball, and it was about a week before the NBA Finals. I was saying how the Los Angeles Lakers were going to take the whole playoff championship with out a loss. He on the other hand was a Philadelphia fan, and wanted to see the 76ers beet the Lakers in the NBA finals. I thought it was preposterous for him to say the Lakers would loose the NBA Finals, after not loosing one game on the way there.... [tags: Essays Papers]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- Rodeo State Finals This is what I had been hoping for the entire year. I had been to many that were quite the same to this one, but none that could give me the same enduring edginess and serenity that I was feeling right now. My eyes skimmed across the hundreds of people who were all there for the same reason as me. Striving to be out of the sweltering sun, but not out of clear view of what I came for, I lead myself in a mighty search for the spot for which I belonged. As I sat down, I prepared myself for the pain that I was going to feel about an hour later.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Examples]
2103 words (6 pages)
- Outline: Purpose my demonstration speech: I want to demonstrate how to prepare for final exams Central Demonstration speech Topic Idea: It is important to be stress free during final exams and this demo is the best way to do that. Introduction: What you are going to teach: 1) I am going tell few parameters that determine your final exam result. 2) Few things that keeps things simple 3) Productive ways 4) Smart work Why this demo: The reason I choose this topic is I personally have experienced few times.9p=-/I felt good during some exams and some not.... [tags: essays research papers]
697 words (2 pages)
- Ok, it is that time of the year. Classes are ending and you are contemplating on whether dropping out is a better option than taking half of your finals. Your resting heart rate is registered as a panic attack and the hour that you get to pet the puppies that they have at the library is not enough for you. I don’t know about you but I need more than an hour of petting a dog to calm down. You can’t really eat your emotions or stress because the food at the dining hall has gotten worse than you ever thought it would and eating out is still a luxury that adds up fast.... [tags: Emotion, Feeling, Rooms, Heart rate]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Crime and Drug Cartels in Mexico- Crime in Mexico is one of the most urgent and serious concerns facing Mexico today. Crime statistics in Mexico show that even over the years, the crime rate has decreased. Over the last 100 years or more there has still been a huge upswing in drug related crimes, especially within the last few decades (Tuckman). Crimes as of today are not all reported, so the rates may be higher than statistics indicate. The government is not able to catch all of these drug and violent crimes going on throughout the country.... [tags: legal issues, organized crime, drug cartels]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- On the Grand Finale in Samuel Clemenss Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain) not only tells a story in this famous contribution to American literature, he also goes to great length to depict civilized humanity in a light that is anything but glamorous or glorious. In fact, his descriptions of typical representatives of society regarding their motivations, actions, habits, and morals are conveyed with subtlety but with unmistakable critical intentions. The metatextual aspects of this work appear gradually but intensify toward the end until the novel reaches a point where it begins to border on the absurd, a literary aspect explored more fully by later writers, such as playwright Samuel Beck... [tags: essays papers]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- In today’s world technology has evolved and is still evolving to better for everyone in the world. Most importantly from what I saw music technology to what artists use have done a phenomenal out take on the way it brought out music production. Within this music programing on computers plays a big role. There are many computer programs used in music and by music artists. “Music notation software has been around for more than two decades, and during that time, many programs have appeared and disappeared”(7:Thompson).One of programs known is Finale which is music notation software that uses playback, lets artist compose parts and also edit sounds within dynamics.... [tags: music technology, Sibelius, Finale]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- In “Shooting an Elephant,” Orwell faces a dilemma: whether or not to kill the elephant. With his final decision, the elephant finally lays dead in front of thousands of people. He explains that he was forced to shoot it because the Burmese people were expecting him to do that. In addition, he has to do it “to avoid looking like a fool” (14) in front of the crowd. At first glance, one would think that it makes sense for him to kill the elephant to save his face, but that was not the case. He effectively uses this incident to demonstrate the “real nature of imperialism” (3), where the elephant represents the British Empire.... [tags: Imperialism, Analytical Essay]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- Why Was Honour an Important Theme in Homer’s Iliad?
- Description of Language Used in "Doctor Faustus"
- Information Society
- US and Europe’s Attitudes Towards Global Governance: The Case of the North-North-Incoherence
- Reasons Given by the Suffragettes for Demanding the Vote for Women in the United Kingdom
- Michael Moore's ‘Bowling for Columbine’