I would most definitely recommend this organization to another student interest in service learning. The patience I have grown to understand the value of, relationships built with immigrants, and basic life skills created for...
... middle of paper ...
...ntastic, and I don’t always feel good about my many volunteer experiences.
Prior to beginning my service experience I would say that I wish this class was more hands on in helping students find a service site rather than kind of toss students out into the lions den. Now I understand the importance of being independent in finding a site that bets fits the individual. Having complete responsibility for planning the volunteer experience proved to be beneficial in many ways. As a biology major I’m not so sure teaching ESL would be beneficial to other CST majors, but my interest in serving the community was and will continue to be fulfilled though project SHINE. My specific site may be helpful to my major, as health is incorporated. Students should be mentally prepared to give up their time and perform to the best of their ability when preparing for this experience.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It has been brought to the school’s attention that there is a need for a more perpetual and comprehensive assessment of students while they are served in the Gifted and Talented Program. Formative assessments provide opportunities to evaluate student performance while the students are being served in the Gifted and Talented Program. Portfolios are an excellent way to evaluate student performance while also helping self-direct their learning and there by improving students’ aim in attaining particular educational goals.... [tags: Assessment, Evaluation, Education, Student]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Final Project Milestone Three: Refinement American Well is a telehealth company that has just launched a new product in 2015 called the Exchange. With the Exchange, all stakeholders in health care are connected through virtual access online. The initial target consumer of telehealth products and services were health systems, health plans, and employers. The Exchange is American Well’s first attempt at connecting the end users of health care, the consumer, to a variety of health services and produces for a competitive price.... [tags: Health care, Health economics, Medicine]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Project description (word count) Our project is called Paving New Pathways. This is a resource aimed at assisting CanTeen patient members in their transition back to occupations of everyday living post treatment. It has been identified that during treatment patients experience loss of identity and imbalance in their inability to engage in everyday occupations during treatment. There is also a gap in resources made available to patients between 17 and 24 years of age as they come out of treatment.... [tags: Project management, Project, Critical path method]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Project risk management is a necessary, and often overlooked, the function of a project manager. It combines the art and science of identifying, analyzing, and responding to risk throughout the project lifecycle, resulting in project improvements and ultimate success. Risk, at its core definition, is the possibility of loss or injury. What project risk management is not, however, is crisis management. Crisis management is the team’s response when a project’s risks are realized. Good risk management can help to overcome a potential crisis by proactively identifying risks.... [tags: Project management, Risk management]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- 2.4.10 Quansys Pvt. Ltd. Profile: Quansys Pvt. Ltd. is highly qualified to provide proficient Cost Consulting and Project management services to the Construction industry for commercial buildings and large residential projects. Started in 2010, by the name of Integrated Potential Consulting, we have earned professional repute in providing value added engineering services and solutions with enhanced customer and client satisfaction. Integrated Potential is reformed as Quansys in 2012 and turn out to be a Private Ltd firm.... [tags: Project management, Construction, Value added]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Introduction to the DLIS Risk Mitigation (or RM) Plan The purpose of the RM Plan will be to provide an updated RM plan of the Department of Defense Defense Logistics Agency Defense Logistics Information Service. The current RM Plan has become outdated due to advancements in technology, technology vulnerability and exploitation, government regulations, and data protection standards. The new RM Plan project will be designed to bring the plan up to date with all requirements and set a ready framework for further updates as required.... [tags: Project management, Risk management, Management]
700 words (2 pages)
- Service Request Processes Evaluation from Riordan Manufacturing 1. Executive Summary a. Areas of Needed Improvement Based on Service Request SR-rm-001, the processes of inventory management and control at Riordan Manufacturing were evaluated. Four aspects of Riordan Manufacturing’s inventory management and control require improvements. These aspects of business are improvements to automation, inventory control and error reduction in the inventory management, as well as an overall inventory storage cost reductions.... [tags: Business Process Analysis]
1916 words (5.5 pages)
- I am excited to share with you the contents of my website. This website contains an overview of the progression of my writing throughout the semester. Please take time to read over my sample work and my reflection upon it to date. Thank you for your time and I hope you enjoy it. When I say an overview of my progression throughout the semester, I truly mean that. While I began this semester as a proficient writer, I had lost the confidence in my ability that I once had. I worried that I had lost the skillset that I had worked so hard to develop.... [tags: Writing, Narrative, The Final]
1544 words (4.4 pages)
- The stakeholders in this evaluation are the consumers with disabilities of the VR (vocational rehabilitation) program, family members, staff, agency administrators, leaders of the groups who advocate for individuals with disabilities and case managers. The goal of the program being evaluated is to give as many opportunities as possible for clients with disabilities to experience with full social and economic benefits from being .They want measures of effectiveness and qualitative indicators of the important outcomes.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction Riordan Manufacturing roots and core competency stem from Dr. Riordan’s research and development (R&D) focused business model. The focus on R&D has forged a reputation as a partner of any organization with a need for plastic, polymer, and fan component products. Due to the wide variety of applications of these products Riordan has developed long term relationships in several industries including beverage, medical, and manufacturing. The special focus on research allows Riordan to maintain a strategic advantage over competitors due to the scarcity of knowledge related to the creation of materials that support customer requirements.... [tags: Business Strategy]
1848 words (5.3 pages)