Many types of camera angles, audio, themes, shots, etc, were all things we had to keep an eye out for and write an example of such down on our worksheet. Another thing we did, and best of all, was making movies. Throughout the semester, Mrs. Aksamit would give us different assignments to work on. In the beginning, they were simple, but as the months passed by, the assignments grew more challenging. Regardless, that didn 't mean I didn 't have any fun making them. Our stop motion assignment for example, I had burned down a dollhouse. I must say, it was rather hilarious. The elements and skills I learned in that classwere ones I kept forever.
When we got the opportunity to do a broadcasting project in my Journalism class, the moment Professor Baum mentioned the assignment I had begun thinking right away of some ficitional stories to come up with. We got into groups, and my group consisted of Geordan, Mickella, Chloe, and myself. Right here, the one thing I would change is most likely incorporating Sydney and/or Franki into our group. Throughout filming, Sydney has been a phenomenal actress. She is hilarious, smart, and very quick. She 's always been able to come whenever I politely asked...
... middle of paper ...
...ifficult getting people in order because of all the chit-chat going on. I would be strict, and found myself saying the things teachers would tell me when I was talking in the middle of their class or being rude and obnoxious. This is something I learned about myself during the project. I 'm just a perfectionist, or at least try to be. I 'm very structural and need things to be done a certain away, the certain people to be cast as actors, and more. Of course, I do have my flaws and fortunately have others to correct me, but for the most part I think I have the right mindset for things.
Nonetheless, it was a very fun project. Editing was a pain in the butt, as my software kept freezing but I like doing it. I would certainly do it again. But for next time, I would preferably choose professional people rather than my own friends sometimes, or, a mix of both in some way.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I made my decision to attend Bishop State Community College after high school because it was important to my parents ' ' and myself to have a great transition from high school to college at a gradual pace; with the goal of eventually transferring to a university. I was extremely focused on finding a career that matches my passion in the areas of sciences and the years I would like to spend on my education. I never gave a thought about looking into honor societies at my college. In fact, I did not think I had the qualification to be invited to join any honor society; for Instant, I assume I had to have a large resume of volunteering and had the assumption that my grade point average had to be... [tags: High school, College, Phi Theta Kappa]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- “You are to write fourteen pages, and no less” he said as he gazed upon my class of approximately twenty-five students. His name was Robert Herber, and as my senior year English teacher at Bishop Fenwick High School, he changed the way I wrote forever. Prior to this point, writing never clicked with me, I never had that “oh, I get it now” moment that people often experience. I had been writing the same way for many years: terribly. My writing “clicked” my senior year of high school, all thanks to one teacher, and the scariest essay I have ever been assigned.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school, Creative writing]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Narrative Essay Since I was in middle school I always was on honor roll, and I would dream about going to college. Once I got to my senior year of high school my dreams were starting to become my worst nightmare. I always thought that my final year of high school was supposed to be fun and enjoy the last few months I had left with friends until we graduate. During my final year of high school it was not fun and dandy like the High School Musical movies. I endured trauma of taking the ACT nine times and almost not being accepted into college.... [tags: High school, College, High School Musical, Scores]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Everyday people receive news that changes their lives forever. Three months before the beginning of my junior year of high school, I was told news that would most certainly change my life forever. I was just sixteen and on my way to being a mother. Yup, that’s right, I was pregnant. When the doctor came into the room and told me that I was going to have a baby, a rush of thoughts came pouring into my head: how will my parents feel and react. What about finishing school and starting college. What am I going to do.... [tags: High school, Mother, High school diploma]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- People have many different friends over their lifetime, some lasting a short period while other friendships last a lifetime. From kindergarten until my junior year of college, I had one constant best friend, who will be called Shane. Shane was a great friend growing up, even though he tended to get into some trouble at times. He was a smart, happy go lucky kid who was always making people laugh and feel comfortable. I always knew that no matter what, I could count on him. When we were in high school, he started to spend time with a different group of people who made choices I did not agree with or want to be around, but we still spent time together outside of those groups.... [tags: High school, Friendship, College]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- If it was possible to time travel, and the current person I am went back in time to tell myself all I have accomplished I don’t know if I’d believe him. Looking back at the past me and seeing how much I have changed and developed is outstanding. If you talked to my teachers freshmen year of high school I guarantee they would bring up how overconfident in myself I was, and immature. Overtime though I have grown out of this trait, and like to look at myself as more mature and developed. How you develop is a curious thing.... [tags: High school, Secondary school]
2284 words (6.5 pages)
- I have also been guilty of plagiarism. I know what it feels like to be embarrassed, because of not doing the right thing; and being caught up into the web of lies over years, all because of fear. I have not always had a fear of writing though, I used to love writing. In fact, reading and writing were my best subjects in school until my junior year of high school. My junior year of high school was the year of most importance. All I had to do was pass all of my classes that year and that basically guaranteed my high school diploma.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school, Citation]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- The bullying started late in second grade and continued, at varying degrees of severity, until my sophomore year of High School. I started musical theatre in third grade and continued for two years before I felt I was forced to stop. I only started back up my Sophomore year of High School and I have not stopped since. These two things seem random, as if there is no correlation, however, the connection between them is strong. In Kindergarten and First Grade I considered everyone in my class a friend, as most five and six year olds do.... [tags: Educational years, High school, Bullying]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Over time I grew as a person as I 've had mindset changes and now view life differently. My family has helped me through a lot and honestly, they have shaped who I am today. Though, my grandmother has been my biggest supporter and I don 't know where I would be without her help. She has helped me through my grandfather 's death, school, and has made me see the wrongs I have been doing in life. The memories I have with her are endless and I am grateful to have her by my side. If I didn 't have her support, I believe that I would not have made it this far.... [tags: Family, Life, High school, Death]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- Film Analysis of High and Low Film 1010 Mise en scene is a stylistic form of filming that is French for “staging the shot”, which is referring to everything in front of the camera. Director Kurosawa understood this style and used it in High and Low (Kurosawa, 1962). He used several Mise en scene techniques such as closed composition, space manipulation, and lighting to compliment the crime thriller story. Closed composition is one of the main themes that Kurosawa uses throughout the movie.... [tags: Film Analysis Movies High and Low Essays]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- Critical Thinking : A Social And Cultural Perspective
- Interview With My Birth Story Interview
- The Importance Of A Master 's Degree From The School Of Public Health At The University Of Saskatchewan
- High School Guidance Counselor Is Universally Considered The Foundation For Future Success Among Young Adults
- The Construction Of Church, Abbeys, And Cathedral
- Current Surveillance Methods And Monitoring Disease Trends