The field of Information Technology and Customer Services
Letter of Transmittal
The purpose of this research is to find out the career opportunities for a particular field in real. The focus was on creating the application package for that particular job. The application package has a very important role in recruitment and selection process. It helps in presenting oneself as the best fit for the organization. The application package includes application letter, resume and the follow up letter which addresses the employers. The aim of this report is to guide the target audience i.e. students about the career opportunities that they can have in future.
Table of Contents
Letter of Transmittal 2
Executive Summary 4
Recruitment Process 6
This research aimed at exploring career opportunities in the field of Information technology and Customer Services. It explains in detail what steps and procedures should be followed to make you visible in the recruitment and selection process. The research was based on the secondary data analysis i.e. job posts were analyzed and the application package was designed accordingly. The result showed that for any candidate the first and foremost step is to find a good job opportunity, then to get oneself into the recruitment pool of the organization through a well written application letter and resume. After the interview, it is important to keep a follow up so that the employer recognizes the serious attitude of the candidate.
Recruitment and Selection are two important, different and interlinked steps that help you in getting employed into an organization. Both the processes entails short...
... middle of paper ...
...t among others. From the above analysis, it can be concluded that for the job in IT and Customer Service, it is important to have both the education and job experience from good universities and reputed organizations respectively. Along with these, an individual’s personality, skills and knowledge regarding job and the organization have a great influence on the employer. The better an individual is prepared and well equipped, the more the chances of being recognized and getting into the organization.
David, A. D., & Stephen, P. R. (2005). Fundamentals of Human Resource Mnaagment. India: Replika Ress Pvt. Ltd.
Gary, D. (2001). Human Resource Management. Florida International University.
TechRepublic. (2014, 04 24). Top 10 U.S. College Programs for IT . Retrieved from bit: http://www.bit.vt.edu/careers/TechRepublicITProgramsReview-Final.pdf
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Information security refers to all of the approaches and policies designed to protect a corporation’s information and facts machine from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption modification, or destruction. it 's a standard term that may be used regardless of the shape the data might also take. As for information protection, people typically divided it into two components, which are the IT safety and facts assurance. Sometimes referred as computer security, information technology security has been information security applied to technology, which most often some form of computer system.... [tags: Computer, Computer security, Information security]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Competency for Information Professionals There are many types of competency that very important to be practiced by information professionals in order to manage information efficiently and effectively in any organizations. In this paper, we will discuss eleven of them that are crucial competency for information professionals in this information age. i. Effective Communication Effective communication is essential in any organizations especially in information service organizations such as libraries, archives institutions and information centers.... [tags: Information Technology ]
2135 words (6.1 pages)
- In the contemporary scenario organizations rely upon technological advancement and innovation in the field of Information Technology. Human resource information system (HRIS) or human resource management system (HRMS), is basically an intersection of human resources and information technology through a HR software solution. The Human Resource Information System is software for the data entry, data tracking, and data information needs of the Human Resources, payroll, management, and accounting functions within a business.... [tags: Human resources, Management]
710 words (2 pages)
- Introduction In recent years there has been a big change as revolution in the computer and communication world and all the signs are that technological development and employ of information technology (IT) will continue go on with a fast velocity. Advocating and accompanying the impressive developments in the power and continue employ of latest information technologies has been the communications’ declining cost consequently of both technological enhancements and developed competition. Such great progresses in development present several major and great opportunities but also pose a lot of challenges.... [tags: Technology, Computers, The Internet]
1903 words (5.4 pages)
- BPR & information technology: Moreover, it is one of the facilitators of the most widespread process of change. It is often the main catalyst, which allows the company to achieve its goals (Chan and Earth, 1999). It is considered to "enable" a fundamental restructuring. At the same time, all companies that adopt the restructuring is not successful in achieving its objectives. According to some estimates, 70 percent of the re-engineering projects fail for one reason or another (hammer and Ciampi, 1993).... [tags: Bank, Online banking, Financial services]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) ACACIA-Uganda The Acacia Initiative is an international effort led by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) to empower sub-Saharan African communities with the ability to apply information and communication technologies to their own social and economic development. The executing agency for Acacia in Uganda is the National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST), the institution that is responsible for coordinating research activities and formulating research policies in Uganda.... [tags: Uganda Africa Technology Funding]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- Career Outlook for Information Technology *Works Cited Not Included Only once in a lifetime will a new invention come along to touch every aspect of our lives. A machine that has done all of this and more now exists in nearly every business in the US and one out of every two households. This incredible invention is of course the computer. How many people use computers either at home or at work. Computers have been around us for longer than most of us think. The electronic computer has been around for over a half-century, but its ancestors have been around 2000 years.... [tags: Papers Technology Careers]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- With so many consulting firms offering services tailored to your business it seems it may take more time to decide on one company than it would for them to formulate a proposal. The decision is difficult because each one promises to devise a strategy that will take your company to the top of whatever industry you are in. These companies promise to save time, money and headaches. And offer services from data storage solutions to virus protection to vow to streamline your infrastructure. Two companies were reviewed for this essay: Accenture and EDUTECH consultations services.... [tags: Information Technology IT]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- The significance of the role of the Operation System (OS) in the overall Information Technology employment sector cannot be undervalued. Indeed, it is hard to talk about technical skill-sets or the practical application of such skill-sets without at least some underlying understanding of their context within a computer operating system environment. From hardware specifications and requirements, user technical support, system administration and security, to software development and system implementation, operating systems are an integral part of the information technology and computing world in all its aspects, and it is difficult to form a concrete demarcation between specialized careers in... [tags: Information Technology]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Almost all aircraft carrier organizations have their own maintenance facilities and maintenance employees. Most of these organizations maintain their inventory and maintenance information on an Information System. ABX Air, Incorporated uses an information system called PMI (Parts, Maintenance, Inventory) this system was developed by Renee Perez and Associates, and is designed specifically for parts inventory and maintenance control. The PMI system provides information on all parts, such as history of repair, which aircraft it's currently installed on, how many parts there are on hand, and how many spares the company should have on hand based on past usage.... [tags: Information Technology]
1313 words (3.8 pages)