John DeLorean is an influence because he started as a son of a factory worker for Ford. He grew up in Detroit during the Great Depression. After he graduated high school, he attend...
... middle of paper ...
...because throughout their lifetime, they
had the thought of making something better by inventing a more efficient and
economical system, which drove them to success. These two gentlemen became
legends in their own way. DeLorean invented and designed the DMC-12 that impacted
the way cars were built. Toyota’s Engineer, Taiichi Ohno made a long lasting program called “Just-in-Time Program” to help make cars more efficient and cheaper. DeLorean
and Ohno tried everything that they imagined and what came out were ideas that
no one would have thought of. Their ideas have been subjects of development
throughout the automotive industry and will continue to do so until their ideas
are obsolete. Given these points, the influence of these men and their contributions to the Industrial Engineering field, gave me a better perspective in pursuing a career in Industrial Engineering.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest and most diverse engineering field in existence. It has a long history, as it first came about during the Roman Empire. There were inventions prior to this that could be considered major feats in the mechanical engineering field also, but mechanical engineering didn’t always have the name it has today. The fact of the matter is that mechanical engineering has always been in existence and it always will be. Mechanical engineering has been around ever since man started making tools; although, the first mechanical engineering degree was not awarded until 1878.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Past, Present, and Future analysis of Mechanical engineering Mechanical engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with physics, and scientific principles to analyze, design, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. Mechanical engineering has been in exciting long ago. Mechanical engineers look at challenges to see how mechanical devices to overcome those challenges. They fabricate mechanical devices using analysis and computer-aided method. Mechanical engineers produce machines such as steam generator and engines.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Design]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- A civil engineer works on public projects. They are usually employed by municipalities, engineering, construction, or architectural firms, or the federal government. They design, organize, and lead civil engineering assignments including but not limited to activities such as airports, bridges, dams, pipelines, railroads, and roads. Civil engineers are responsible for calculating costs of a project as well as analyzing data, applying knowledge of engineering techniques, and using advanced mathematics.... [tags: engineering, career,]
2161 words (6.2 pages)
- Abstract Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the principles to create and construct machines and their parts. Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest disciplines. Mechanical engineering became important after the industrial revolution in the 19th century. Mechanical engineering has continued to improve with new technology making it an important and exciting career path. Mechanical engineers design, create, construct, and maintain a mechanical system. Students who want to enroll in this field should have a strong foundation in Math, Science, and Physics.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering, Design]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Industrial Engineering What is industrial engineering. The field of industrial engineering has had many definitions given to it. Most of the definitions include all of the same elements stated in slightly different ways. For example the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) defines industrial engineering as the profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to utilize economically, the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.... [tags: Engineer Engineering Essays]
3909 words (11.2 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering Mechanical engineering is seen as a broad level of engineering. There are several different ideas that could be addressed in this profession. For example, mechanical engineers have many responsibilities, some of which include developing processes and products, and testing designs. Engineering is its own branch of science and technology that concerns the designing, building, and usage of engines, machines, and other structures. Mechanical engineering focuses more on the machines.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Steam engine]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- In my capacity as a Maintenance Planning Engineer at Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), I was primarily involved in tasks that required strategizing and organizing. Working for a multi-billion dollar enterprise, I saw the effects of operational efficiency on the Balance Sheet. This experience has driven me in my pursuit of delivering better performance with every attempt and has shaped my decision to pursue a career in Industrial Engineering (IE), a field that strives to increase productivity and efficiency by systematic study and application of non-traditional methods.... [tags: experience, academics, performance]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Career as a Chemical Engineer If you were to never look up the definition of chemical engineering you would still have a slightly basic idea of what they deal with: chemistry and engineering. This is one of the main reasons why I want a career in chemical engineering. I have been fascinated with studying in a field of science for as long as I can remember. At first I only planned on majoring in chemistry, but as I grew older and learned more about math and science I decided that chemical engineering is what I actually want to major in and work with until I retire.... [tags: Chemical engineering, Professional Engineer]
1596 words (4.6 pages)
- Engineering and technology as people think is not the easy area of study, but it is always demanded the most in the future because that field is not everyone’s cup of tea, and you need to have a very good focus and time management planning skills for that. You always stand different in the crowd if you can work and make a career in that particular field. Aerospace engineering is a branch of manufacturing and designing Aircrafts starting from structure making, computer systems to the propulsion systems of the airplane.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Picture the world without skyscrapers, bridges, and even transportation well without engineers that's the world we would live in. A great man by the name of Albert Einstein once said, “Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." It takes a very unique and skilled person to become an engineer; you have to be dedication to your passion to succeed. The word engineer actually comes from a Latin word meaning "cleverness". Engineering is known today as the art or science of making practical application of knowledge of pure sciences.... [tags: Engineering ]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Should The Law Reflect The Moral Or Religious Values Of A Community?
- The United States Is Sending And Receiving More Students Abroad
- Sonny 's Blues By James Baldwin
- Standardized Testing Like The Starr Are Made By Each States Board Of Education
- A Good Man Is Hard And Find By Flannery O ' Connor
- Why I Am An Educator