Male Speaker: Or cigarettes.
Female Speaker 3: Or like heroine affects you and so I think, that coupled with each other, a lot of times, people don’t act out as much as they are when you smoke marijuana as if you were drunk. You are not as apt to hurt someone or things along those lines.
Interviewer: Are there any disadvantages to using marijuana that you can think of?
Male Speaker: Just being lazy. You don’t really want to do anything but just lay there and chill and you stop wanting to do anything.
Female Speaker: The only downside that I see with it is that I just want to sleep. Just go to bed or sit there and eat. It’s like lets go do something and you like have your hot Cheetos, I’m, fine.
Female Speaker 2: I think that using it in moderation is the better way to put it and that makes it okay or safer to use. I think if you use it every day or all day is when you get complacent and don’t care to change or do anything is when you over use it.
Male Speaker: As a white person, there are very few disadvantages to doing it, especially if I was talking to particularly a black kid who is in middle school or high school. There are disadvantages because it is illegal and you get caught with it and you are black, there is a good chance that you are going to get the maximum or a felony.
That is fucked up and shouldn’t be the case and we should just legalize it so it stops happening. It is important for young people, of all races, but especially for those who are more likely to be charged by the police, know that it could really fuck up your life if you get caught w...
... middle of paper ...
...e mix prescription pills with alcohol too, which it specifically says to not do and they do it anyway.
Female Speaker 3: Also, people say you can overdose if you do coke, well, you could, but if you take a bunch of Xanax.
Female Speaker 2: Then you could really hurt yourself.
Interviewer: The next set of questions is going to be about sexual health. What would you consider to be a risky or harmful sexual behavior?
Male Speaker: A lot of sex.
Female Speaker: Drunken sex.
Male Speaker: Unprotected sex with random people.
Female Speaker: I don’t really agree with Bradley on a lot of sex. As long as you are taking the precautions then it is safe. I don’t think a lot of sex is bad, but if you don’t ask and make sure they are clean or you don’t make sure you are clean and you are just kind of going out raw, that is probably not the best for you or your partners
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Be smart and be lazy. The act of being smart and lazy is similar to how Allan F. Mogensen said “Work Smarter, not harder.” Which means to produce the highest quality result in the shortest amount of time. Being smart and lazy is about achieving goals with the maximum efficiency and the least amount of effort. Meaning that laziness can be overridden by intelligent solutions. Laziness and intelligence are viewed quite differently and not always used together in the same context. There are exclusions to that when people are saying that someone is smart, but they are too lazy.... [tags: Need, Want, Energy, Thing]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- In every poem, there are feelings and emotions that are brought forth in a very a few number of words. The three elements of a poem, speaker, imagery, and listener, help to make a poetic story. The speaker; the voice of the poem, conveys the feelings. Poetic words and metaphors create the imagery around the story. The way the poem is read and understood by the listener can have different meanings and effects on people. These aren’t always clearly defined. So how exactly does one understand a poem and the elements within it.... [tags: Fairy tale, Cinderella, The Speaker]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- In order to become an excellent teacher, one would need to display exceptional public speaking abilities. I have dreamed of becoming a teacher since I was a child, and I plan to be the best teacher I can be, which makes intercommunication, especially public communication, key. I am an advanced public speaker, because I demonstrate elocution, confidence, personality, and exceptional knowledge when I am public speaking. Within these main components of a speaker are: delivery, style, spotlight effect, credibility, and rhetoric.... [tags: Rhetoric, Public speaking, Public speaker, Oratory]
1535 words (4.4 pages)
- As you all look this over, later down the line today, if there is anything on here where it says no information available and you know something about it, will you let me know. We actually have a rental coming in Sunday and I have no idea about it. It is going to work, but again it is sitting on top of Big River. Female Speaker: I like the rates and I appreciate the increase. I think they are fair and I think they are in line with the market. I do want to ask if it can be much easier to read, you need an advanced calculous degree to figure out the last rate part.... [tags: Need, Want, WANT, Add It Up]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- Female nudes are on the point of being pornography while some are still considered high end art. Females have been painted nude throughout history of art and will continue to be in the future. It depends on the context of the picture and how the women is being portrayed that decides if it is viewed as pornography that is trying to hide as high end art. “Since pornography may be defined as any representation that achieves a certain degree of sexual explicitness, art has to be protected from being engulfed by pornography in order to maintain its position as the opposition to pornography” (Nead 1990, pg.... [tags: Nudity, Woman, Female, Gender]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- What is gender, and how is it represented in our society. Gender is defined as the sense of being male or female (Feldman, 2016). However, gender differs from sex in that, sex refers to the physical characteristics that differentiate males and females (Feldman, 2016). There are certain products that individuals are drawn to or automatically attached through societal norms. For instance, a woman may automatically go into a store and go directly to the clothing and shoe department. In contrast, a male may walk in to the same store and be drawn directly to the sporting goods section.... [tags: Gender, Female, Male, Sex]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Being a woman working in male dominant facilities is hard in many ways, but being a woman and working as a Correctional Officer in men’s prisons shines a different light on what women endure when it comes to fitting in. Tokenism becomes the first big issue along the lines of being a female correctional officer. Tokenism, the practice of hiring or appointing a token number of females in order to deflect criticism or comply with the affirmative action rules (Cheeseman, K.A. and W. Goodlin-Fahnck. 2011).... [tags: Prison, Female, Woman, Gender]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- When asked to define ones cultural identity people usually take the path that leads to their country of origin. They describe their beliefs and tradition which mirrors the values of people within that geographic location. But what about the people who are torn between two cultures. How would they define their cultural identity. This is the problem faced by Henry Park, the protagonist of the book Native Speaker by Chang-Rae Lee. Originally from Korea, he immigrated to the United States with his parents when he was little.... [tags: Native Speaker Essays]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Speaking in front of a classroom full of strangers is harder than you think. I have already done two big speeches for public speaking: Informative speech and commemorative speech. Conducting a speech is more work than I would have imagined. I had to learn how to do speeches before I could be a presentational speaker. The three abilities for being a presentational speaker for my individual speech assignments were my understanding, my score, and what I learned. First, I need to focus on my understanding for the individual speeches.... [tags: personal reflections]
532 words (1.5 pages)
- The Key to Being a Successful Speaker I am one of those who suffer from butterflies, that uncomfortable feeling in my chest and stomach, before speaking in public. This is not only a problem for myself, but it is also a common fear and a concern for many people. My purpose is to denounce a few dynamics I feel have helped me to become a more effective speaker and to manage my butterflies. I will prove to you that strong body language makes ideas and feelings more clear, vigorous and engaging. First, I will show how eye contact unconsciously engages the audience.... [tags: Papers]
637 words (1.8 pages)