The average woman has better use of her mental skills than the average man. “Women are better at interpreting body language,” (Brynie, 101-116), meaning that women can detect what one may be feeling faster than a man can. Because women are better than interpreting body language, they seem to handle emotions well. Women do not usually use physical aggression towards one another, which may be due to the fact that “women, as a whole, may also be better than men at controlling their emotions” (webmd.com). Going back to the fact that women are able to identify one’s feelings quicker, they are also better at tasks involving intuition. Independent.co.uk wrote an article comparing the male and female brains, where professor Ragini Verma commented, “because the female connections link with the left hemisphere, which is associated with logical thinking, with the right, which is linked with intuition this could help explain why women tend to do better than men at intuitive tasks”. The way that the female brain is wired can certainly be in account to why women act differently than men. ...
... middle of paper ...
...etween Men’s and Women’s Brains | Masters of Healthcare." 10 Big Differences Between Men’s and Women’s Brains | Masters of Healthcare. N.p., 16 June 2009. Web. 28 May 2014.
Brynie, Faith Hickman. 101 Questions Your Brain Has Asked About Itself But Couldn't Answer ... Until Now. Brookfield, CT: Millbrook, 1998. Print.
Connor, Steve. "The Hardwired Difference between Male and Female Brains Could Explain Why Men Are 'better at Map Reading'" The Independent. Independent Digital News and Media, 03 Dec. 2013. Web. 28 May 2014.
Edmonds, Molly. "Do Men and Women Have Different Brains?" HowStuffWorks. HowStuffWorks.com, 08 Oct. 2008. Web. 28 May 2014.
Feature, WebMD. "How Male and Female Brains Differ." WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 28 May 2014.
Lewis, Tanya. "How Men's Brains Are Wired Differently Than Women's." LiveScience. TechMedia Network, 02 Dec. 2013. Web. 28 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As you’re reading this right now, your brain is arranging twenty-six letters into words, which become sentences, and may eventually turn into research papers. Inside every human being’s skull lies a three-pound pile of mush that controls everything you do. From the way you breathe to the way you sleep, your brain is doing all the work. Scientists have studied the brain for hundreds of years, but have only understood a small amount on how it works. But, scientists have found a few differences and similarities between the average male and female brain.... [tags: women, body language]
714 words (2 pages)
- Based on the book Brain Sex male a female brains work differently. A woman is wired to be more sensitive, and they are more alert to the senses touch, smell, and sound. They see more into detail, have better memory, and are better at communicating than male. It is believed that these results are because: “the right hemisphere of her brain that controls the emotions is better connected to the left side of the brain that controls verbal expressions.” (Sex Brain 100) On the other hand, men are “single-minded because his brain is more compartmentalised.” (Brain Sex 101) Men are more aware of themselves and self-gain and not their surroundings.... [tags: Male, Gender, Female, Human]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- “She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the Universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings”(Ariana Dancu). Women have come along way since the beginning of time. They have been repressed and degraded by men, but as time has progressed, rallies and protests earned women the rights to independence and the opportunity to develop and advance independently if they choose to. With the freedom women have gained, they seized any opportunity to defy false beliefs portrayed in society.... [tags: Gender, Woman, Emotional intelligence, Female]
1046 words (3 pages)
- If you’re one of the lucky ones, you will find that love can be one of the most captivating things a person can experience in life and celebrating that love and making it official with marriage is a wonderfully beautiful thing. With that being said, it doesn’t mean that marriage doesn’t have its complications. In the video titled, “ Tale of Two Brains”, we learned about some of the differences between men and women such as how they communicate and think differently. The talker was a minister and marriage expert, Mark Grungor.... [tags: Marriage, Wife, Love, Woman]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Different Brains, Different Realities. Most of us go through our days not questioning why separate aisles in toy stores are designated to boy-toys such as puzzles and blocks and girl-toys such as dolls and tea sets. We do not always consciously notice that men dominate certain professional fields while women do others. And why are there a higher percentage of gay men (or more "feminized" men) in the dramatic, passionate world of the performing arts. Are these sex trends all enculturation. If we do not stop to explore the origins and implications of our observations, we make the mistake of glossing over them with the non-informative, "fact-of-life" explanation that neglects the why of the iss... [tags: Biology Essays Research Papers]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- Intelligence of Women in Shelley's Frankenstein and Gould's Women's Brains Throughout history, women have always aimed for a recognized place in society. Centuries ago, people looked at the role of women in society as being sociologically inferior. Seeing the revival of the Feminist movement, which boldly opposes the stereotypical characteristics of women in society, on one hand, and promotes the elevation of women's status in society, on the other, one would not find it hard to believe the drastic differences in opinion of people on this issue.... [tags: comparison compare contrast essays]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- Brad made his way to the exit. But he heard footsteps from a distance. Brad decided to make his way down a small cliff, and hide there. When Brad peeked out of his hiding space, he saw a female hunter, looking around. Brad snuck up from behind her. He then pointed his rifle right at the Female Hunter 's head. "Please don 't", the Female Hunter said. "I have a family!" "Yeah", Brad said. "I bet all those people you 've killed had families as well." "But I didn 't kill those people." "But you advocate killing people.... [tags: Hunting, Rifle, George Street, St. John's]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Differences in the Male and Female Brain It is proven that the male and female brains differ, but can one prove that it affects the behavior. Many scientists would agree that ones behavior is determined by his/her gender. Although others are convinced that social conditioning is the cause for the differences between the male and female, it is very unlikely that biological differences play no role in behavior. The male and female brains differ not only by how they work, but also on the size. For example, Natalie Angier and Kenneth Chang, neuroscientists, have shown that the women’s brain is about 10 percent smaller than the male’s, on average, even after accounting for women’s comparatively... [tags: Compare Contrast Neurology Essays]
685 words (2 pages)
- Female identity is a collection of social and historical factors form primarily thought social, political, and economical ideas. In numerous events throughout history and in science institutions have shaped a definition of the identity of females. The use of gender roles, stereotypes, and the discovery of biology has played a major role in justifying women 's oppression in history, reinforcing man 's masculinity in society. Gisela Kaplan and Lesley J. Rogers wrote a passage on women 's oppression through lack of knowledge.... [tags: Gender role, Gender, Woman, Sociology]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Beauty pageants seem to serve no apparent purpose for societal reasons. They denigrate the image of females as far as gender equality goes. There is many different ranges of beauty pageants all over the world. Females can be as small as 2 months. Many girls dream to become Miss U.S.A or Miss World. It seems to give the idea that you have to be beautiful and be up to the judges expectations of how a beauty queen should act and looks like. They have a negative effect on the people in today’s society especially the younger female population.... [tags: Beauty ]
1038 words (3 pages)