Research and Information
Fredrick W. Smith is the chairman, president and chief executive officer for FedEx Corporation. FedEx Corporation has several companies operation under the FedEx name. Smith came up with the idea for FedEx Express, when he realized that most airfreight shippers used passenger route systems making them economically inadequate. Thus, FedEx was born to solve the conundrum of express shipping around the world. However, this was not the first time FedEx Express had shipped pandas on a trans-Atlantic journey, FedEx Express had the privilege of shipping Mei Xiang and Tian Tian in 2000. In addition, FedEx had shipped pandas, Ya Ya and Le Le to the Memphis Zoo in 2003, too. (Ducker).
Pandas, also known as, Giant Pandas and Panda Bears are a bamboo-eating bear native to southwest China and have been on the endangered species list in 1984. The panda is one of the eight different species of bears and is the rarest of the bear family with “less than 1,600 in the wild in 2004,” according to the World Wildlife Organiza...
... middle of paper ...
...s recently just carried other missions to send the beloved panda bear around the world. Most recently, FedEx had sent two Chinese pandas to Paris, France.
WWF. "Giant Panda." WWF. World Wildlife Organization. Web. 22 Feb. 2012.
Public Relations Society of America, ed. Tech. no. 6BW-1104B04. FedEx Panda Express.
Public Relations Society of America, 2011. Web. 18 Feb. 2012.
FedEx Corporation. "Absolutely Positively The FedEx Panda Express!" Business.van.fedex.com. Web. 22 Feb. 2012.
Ducker, Mike. "Pandas Prefer to Fly Panda Express." Pandas Prefer to Fly FedEx Express. FedEx, 28 Jan. 2010. Web. 21 Feb. 2012.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Briahna Bishop March 28, 2016 Dr. Zeng M/W 8:00 a.m The Giant Panda Express The Giant Panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) is a beloved creature known to the world. However, it is also a creature that is critically endangered and faces extinction. As human advancements obliterate the habitats and influence the lifestyle of the Giant Panda, research is conducted to uncover the cause of the Giant Panda’s current predicament and to improve the methods of conservation to save the Giant Panda. Information gained by researching the Giant Panda and its behaviors would help scientists and conservationists discover just what is hurting the Giant Panda, and what people can do to stop the Giant Panda’s pop... [tags: Giant Panda, Endangered species, Bear, Ailuropoda]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- For the purpose of our paper, we will be discussing FedEx Corporation. Federal Express was originally founded in 1971 by Frederick W. Smith, a Yale University undergraduate. The idea for such a company came to Smith while writing a term paper. He saw the logistical challenges that many firms faced in terms of delivering urgent shipments. Therefore, his idea started a new industry, one in which time-sensitive shipments were accommodated to be delivered in a timely fashioned. His idea came to fruition after he first handly saw the challenges of getting packages deliver in a day or two.... [tags: FedEx, United Parcel Service, Frederick W. Smith]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- The following case describes FedEx’s transition from a single segment Express shipping company to a fully integrated, multi-faceted corporation. At the beginning, Federal Express was an air express transportation system designed specifically for shipping time-sensitive items like urgent documents or medicines. After receiving a large investment, Federal Express began its first night of operations on April 17, 1973. Within the first 10 years, Federal Express became the first U.S. start-up to achieve $1 billion in revenues.... [tags: FedEx, United Parcel Service, Sales]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- According to CIO Robert Carter, FedEx has always been a technology driven organization. To begin with most of the technological innovations in FedEx were driven by business need. FedEx was the first delivery company which provided real-time shipping information to the customer by introducing the COSMOS (Customers, Operations, and Services Master Online System) in 1979. COSMOS is a centrally operated computer system which FedEx uses to date to manage people, delivery packages, delivery vehicles (planes and vans), weather related changes etc.... [tags: FedEx, United Parcel Service, Customer]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- A vast empire that continues to rise is the king of americanized gourmet asian cuisine, Panda Express. This fast food restaurant has its arms wrapped around a large demographic do to its large food proportions, great tasting food, and comfortable atmosphere. This is one of the most ideal things to bring in to Brownstown. The allocation of Panda Express to the people of Brownstown would only bring more people to the town as well as envelop its people in good tasting food. Not only is panda express light on the pocket it is heavy on the stomach.... [tags: business analysis, fast food franchises]
529 words (1.5 pages)
- FedEx – HR practices Case Study: In 2008, when FORTUNE magazine and the Great Places to Work Institute released the 100 “Best Companies to Work For” is a list in which FedEx which is the leading global logistics solutions provider was one among them and was the largest employer in the year 2008 list the only shipping company included. A Tennessee based company called Memphis which ranked in 97th place overall and now figured in the list in 10 position for a period of past 11 years. Package Delivery Company was named to be the “Best Companies to Work for” Hall of Fame in the year 2005.... [tags: United Parcel Service, FedEx, Employment]
710 words (2 pages)
- Introduction Federal Express is an express transportation company, founded in 1973 by Frederick W. Smith. During his college years, he recognized that the United States was becoming a service-oriented economy and needed a reliable, overnight delivery service company. In 1965, as a undergraduate at Yale University, Smith wrote a term paper about the passenger route systems used by most airfreight shippers, which he viewed as economically inadequate. He wrote of the need for shippers to have a system designed specifically for airfreight that could accommodate time-sensitive shipments such as medicines, computer parts and electronics.... [tags: Business Case Study]
1958 words (5.6 pages)
- However regardless of the high costs of conserving pandas, there is an array of benefits of doing so especially to the environment. Saving the giant panda means saving both habitat of panda and human. The land for bamboo forests is decreasing due to human disruption. Yet panda itself has a crucial role in saving China’s bamboo forests. It is able to spread seeds and help the vegetation to grow according to the famous World Wide Fund(“Why”). This allows the bamboo forest to create new lands since seeds are spread to lands further and hence bamboos can regenerate faster because of the footprint of pandas.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Panda diplomacy]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- History of FedEx How “Absolutely, Positively Overnight!” Came To Be Mark Twain once said, “The man with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds”. This phrase could be applied to Fred Smith and Federal Express. From their beginnings in Little Rock, Arkansas in the early 70’s delivering 186 packages overnight to 25 U.S. cities, to three decades later parlaying it’s $20 billion dollar corporation into no less than five major operation companies. FedEx has become the world’s leader in global express transportation, providing fast delivery of documents, packages and freight shipments worldwide.... [tags: Deliver History FedEx Historical Essays]
2993 words (8.6 pages)
- History In 1913, C.J. Tower & Sons, forerunner to FedEx Trade Networks subsidiary FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage, begins operation as a customs broker in Niagara Falls, N.Y. It was not until 1971 that Federal Express Corporation was founded in Little Rock, Ark. In 1975, FedEx installed the first drop box for the public and since then the company developed and maintained a strategic leadership in managing a broad group of transportation services, e-commerce and other business services.... [tags: Business Analysis Compare Fedex UPS DHL]
2014 words (5.8 pages)