Who knew a single building could be the most relaxing place for students. This single building holds the key to all the resources on campus.With the peacefulness that it provides, the student’s journey to understanding whatever material he or she needs starts there. Everything that a student needs to succeed and make something out of themselves is provided in this building. From the books to the computers and the tutors provided, students are able to conquer anything that they need help me or might not understand. The library also assures the students a place where you can sit down and catch a breath from the chaos outside.
Just as you make your way to the library, you encounter stairs which to me resembles the climb to success. As you enter through the black mirrored double doors you allow yourself into the world of knowledge. You are greeted by a person behind the desk;she asks you if you need assistance which makes you feel welcomed. Once the students pass by the long narrow front desk and sit down he or she realizes that this space provides them some p...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This semester has pushed my outside my limits not only as a writer, but as a person that is open to looking at new ideas and trying to understand different concepts that interest other people. At the beginning of the semester, I knew the basic ideas that we learned through English 101, and I knew how to analyze papers, but I never knew how to implement those strategies in order to create a paper out of it. Essay two, particularly, was a struggle because I could not find the information I needed or enough information on one thing, so it led my essay to fall short because I could not fulfill the needs of my original thesis in order to make the paper long enough.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Essays, Knowledge]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- Internet Dating - Original Writing Tuesday, and i pace up and down the bar of my small-town, backalley pub, pondering over the massively daunting task set before me. A 1500 word text, written to entertain..... Entertain you say. sounds like a challenge.... A couple of hours pass and i've had no progress. Still behind the bar, still waiting for a customer to lighten up my day and still pondering over what the genre and form of my text are going to be.... [tags: Papers]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- All Harry needed was someone to room with him during his last year of college. All Holly needed was a place to live for her junior year since her old roommate and Holly’s ex-boyfriend decided to room together in Holly’s old apartment. Holly stumbled across the flyers that Harry had hung up all over campus, and she quickly dialed the number on the flyer. Harry was a bit hesitant to live with a girl, but he really needed a roommate. Holly was moved in, in a matter of weeks. Harry was nervous at first, but Holly was the best cook besides Harry’s mother.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- Myself as a leader I still remember the snowy morning of January 25, 2016 when I first came to University at Buffalo. I knew when I walked into one of the residence halls, after finishing my orientation, I began the journey of being an adult. I had mixed feelings. I was more nervous than excited. While I was moving in my stuff in the room, I was a little uncomfortable with the looks I got from some of the girls on my floor. However, neither did I think about it anymore, nor I felt bothered about it as soon as I walked passed them.... [tags: Student, University, International student]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- I remember this day as if it were yesterday. May 12, 2010 I woke up for school at six thirty in the morning, just like any other school day. But just like any other middle school student I was tired and did not want to go back to a place that they like to call school but I looked at it more of a prison. Every morning I had a routine which was to wake up, get ready for school and try my hardest to not miss the bus, for some reason the bus driver never liked to wait for me. The day started off great, I did not miss the bus, right before lunch I passed my math test with a B- .... [tags: Security guard, Security, Eye color, Mother]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- Ever since I was a freshmen in highschool I’ve dreamt of going away to a big division 1 university to play soccer and being able to party every night, but unfortunately due to grades and financial issues it would not work out how I imagined. Instead I decided that it would be better for me to take sometime off of school so I can work and make money. So that’s what I did I spent the next 12 months working in a warehouse picking candy on a line. When the fall semester came close I knew that I did not want to be stuck there for the rest of my life so I decided it was time to go back to school.... [tags: College, Higher education, High school, University]
1400 words (4 pages)
- I woke up that morning knowing exactly what I had to do. I was anxious and scared, but I knew this was a chance I needed to take. Zoella came into my bedroom with the look of quest in her eyes. I sat in a cold, wooden chair as she gracefully chopped off my hair. We locked eyes in the mirror as she began to say, “Alexa, you don’t have to go through with this if you don’t want to, it’s up to you. I am here to support whatever decision you choose to make.” I hesitantly replied back, “I am going to regret it if I don’t take this chance.” I put on my new masculine clothes and walked out of my home, frightened, but excited to start this new journey.... [tags: English-language films, World, American films]
2282 words (6.5 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- A Place to Go - Original Writing Night after night I had passed the strange location. I began to recognize it and became aware of every detail. I found the building light in the same way. My eyes became attracted, addicted to this place, every eve it beckoned me to return. Simply gazing on it seemed to provide a relaxation, it warmed me. My body became accustomed to its feeling and presence; I found it, almost difficult to leave it. Despite this I had to carry on, they where close behind me now.... [tags: Papers]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- The Devil’s Lettuce It’s 4:18 in the afternoon. Heather Ford is walking to Forbes Field with a pre-rolled joint, ready to “hit 4:20” – the stoner witching hour. She sits at the top of the dusty bleachers with her back to the Cathedral of Learning, joint in one hand and lighter in the other. She stares at her watch and waits. All across the east coast, countless other stoners are partaking in this longstanding reefer ritual. The high school kids hiding in the basement, passing around a blunt. The college roommates taking massive bong rips near an open window so their landlord doesn’t bitch about the smell.... [tags: alcoholic beverage, prohibition]
2998 words (8.6 pages)