A dream of attaining higher wealth can come sooner than expected and many businesses worries that this will bring a new record of how people get employed.
“I think it is great idea but bad at the same time, not all businesses can apply that rule,” says Ms. Vivian Baquero, a representative for the private company of Amor Cubano. As we were discussing McDonald’s $15 an hour proposal, that is set to date 2017 and will increase its wages throughout the year, I’ve began to notice the shock on her face. It seems that the employees weren’t being paid as much but nevertheless she refrained form speaking more about the wages and referred Amor Cubano as a family company that wages aren’t necessary the objective we work for.
Following that, many Protestants dressed in logos and symbolic images of companies, especially fast food restaurants, have hit the streets and created a movement to promote a higher living off the minimal wage. It is not an everyday situation when you come across a manager who joined the crowd of protestants at Times Square in the heart of New York City’s most busiest place on the 14th of April 2016.
The young and older people of New York City could be in a new era of raising their income high enough to have extra cash leftover. In an article by Guardian Newspapers Limited on the 14th of April 2016, a McDonald 's employee named Naquasia LeGrand, who works as a manager at a McDonald 's in North Carolina, joined the crowd in Times Square. She started working and was being paid $7.25 an hour until being promoted a manager. At the manager position, she saw her pay rise to $8.15 an hour. Comparing these numbers to the U.S Department of...
... middle of paper ...
...y are there the Governments, the State and Legislatures involved but the minimal wage has affected everyone due to the instability of rent increasing every year.
According to statistics, the rise of the minimal wage is set to be $15 an hour by 2022 according to McDonald 's. This wage increase will create competition among other restaurants and will generate a move in wages at many places like Construction, Educational, Health but the most effected with a 16% is Retails and Restaurants with 15%. Therefore, experts mentions that when the wage is set to be $15 an hour, what will happen to companies that already offer that wage for higher educated employees? In response to this, “Restaurants have most at stake over $15 minimum wage” article in Los Angels times, in a graph shown, Latino’s 54.8% and Whites with 25.1 % is more likely to take advantage of the wage movement.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout the ages, fast food has played a major role in our society in both positive and negative ways. It has boosted our economy and been a part of American and worldwide culture for decades. Despite all the positive effects fast food may have, the method of manufacturing fast food is often forgotten. The processed food is made with harmful bacteria and mixed meat that negatively is affecting America without many people realizing it. Companies are using clever advertising methods to reach out to young kids which does not only develop bad habits at a young age, but intoxicates their health as well.... [tags: Economy, Culture, Fast Food Industry, Health]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- When Ratan Tata retired he was hailed as the backbone,the man who significantly enhanced the Tata group in terms of global footprint,profit,turnover and stock market value. Needless to say that his career would become the subject matter of courses in years to come in business schools. After all the doubts that went along initially when claiming the throne ,after 21 years, he has left a group that is 51 times larger in terms of turnover and profits, a string of acquisitions that has made the Tata brand name globally known and he leaves it the leader among India 's corporate groups, just as it was when he took over.... [tags: Tata Motors, Tata Nano, Tata Group]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- McDonalds is one biggest fast food chain in world. They have almost 32,000 restaurants in 117 countries in all worlds, mostly restaurant run by independent owner. McDonald is also one largest franchise in United States as a fast food restaurant. Their top menu things include: ground sirloin sandwiches, cheeseburgers, McNuggets, and French fries. They are likewise known for one of their prevalent sweets: the crusty fruit-filled treat and their breakfast sandwich: the Egg Muffin. McDonald 's has a few moral and social obligation strategies set up all through their exclusively claimed and franchised organizations.... [tags: Sales, Marketing, Customer, Customer service]
3532 words (10.1 pages)
- Preface In our fast paced world of new and upcoming technology, the smartphone market has sky-rocked in previous decades. One of the worlds leading smart phones companies, Apple Inc, has recently been on the decline and it's top competitor Samsung is taking the stage. In more recent years, the Apple iPhone has dominated the smartphone world known for its ease of use and high quality design. Apple's first iPhone design hit markets in June of 2007 created by Apple's founder Steve Jobs. One of Apples more recent iPhone model, the iPhone 5 which came out in September of 2012 was soon replaced by the iPhone 5c and 5s which came out a year late.... [tags: marketing, customers, innovation]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- Has the Music Industry Been Affected by the Internet The internet is now being used in many interesting and curious ways. The music industry, although, has been abused by free websites. They are offering information on how to get new music without permission from the artists. People go to free websites and download all the unlimited music they want for free. This is really hurting the artist themselves. Since so many people download free music. Although the internet has also been saved by the music industry.... [tags: Music industry, Record label]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- With the help of 68 million customers around the world, McDonald’s has become a top ten company in the world with billions of dollars coming in. The story of McDonald’s started within the minds of Richard and Maurice McDonald in San Bernardino, California on May 15, 1940. The two brothers came up with the idea of the fast food chain with the observation from their father who was an owner of his own restaurant called “The Airdome.” Later, the brothers were given the idea to add the thought of a corporation with the help of Ray Kroc, seller of the milkshake machine that has been used at McDonald’s.... [tags: McDonald's, Fast food restaurant]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- A large stage with a large sound reinforcement system and liberally seasoned with lighting, thick music filling the air; this is the setting for many popular concerts. Paris, 24th November 2014, the stage is set. With the audience plunged into darkness, the only light is from the flashing of glow sticks, the crowd start to chant and then the show begins. The lighting erupts into life along with the music and dancers take centre stage. A voice then announces the entrance of Lady Gaga and, rising from a platform underneath the stage, she greets the crowd and starts performing her first song.... [tags: Record label, Music industry, Business manager]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- Over time the Music industry has experienced a great deal of change. A technology revolution has changed almost every aspect of the music industry, from the artist right through to the listener/consumer. Not unlike other forms of media, the music industry has been forced to move with the times, adapt to change and this has resulted in a difference for both the industry and the consumer. The industry has shifted from one where the supplier groups held all the power to an industry where the buyer groups now hold most of the power.... [tags: Record label, Music industry, Warner Music Group]
1400 words (4 pages)
- Evolution – History – Music Industry Over time the Music industry has experienced a great deal of change. A technology revolution has changed almost every aspect of the music industry, from the artist right through to the listener/consumer. Not unlike other forms of media, the music industry has been forced to move with the times, adapt to change and this has resulted in a difference for both the industry and the consumer. The industry has shifted from one where the supplier groups held all the power to an industry where the buyer groups now hold most of the power.... [tags: Record label, Music industry, Warner Music Group]
1920 words (5.5 pages)
- The New York Stock Exchange traces its origin back 200 years. Centuries of growth and innovation the NYSE remains the world’s foremost securities marketplace. Over the years its commitment to investors has been unwavering and its persistent application of the latest technology has allowed it to maintain a level of market quality and service that is unparalleled. The NYSE has grown to become the global marketplace of today. Each day on the NYSE trading floor and auction takes place. Open bid and offers are managed on the trading floor page of NYSE.com by exchange members acting on behalf of institutions and individual investors.... [tags: essays research papers]
755 words (2.2 pages)