The general employment outlook in your area (how likely are you to find a job in the next 2-5 years in this career)?
The difference in this question is that I don’t plan on working for anyone. I want to work on my own designs and work patenting my own name for my designs, opening my own shop with the help from my family. This is something that has been a dream of mine, and something that I have always wanted to do ever since I have been in high school. I have always wanted to create my own line of clothing in my own unique style, and see them on people and have people say, “ where did you get that beautiful dress,” and they would reply it’s a (Brittini DeNicola) design. I know I have the talent to do it, now I just have to show everyone that I can.
How much this career pay, on average, in your location or region?
The middle half of the country which is near our region, half of all fashion designers make around to start $42,000 to $87,500...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Fashion major students are often told that those interested in the field of fashion, cannot build real careers without design and merchandising qualifications. The fashion industry is a creative world of its own with many opportunities available. Fashion design involves artistic construction of clothing; whereas, fashion merchandizing is focused on the business aspect of fashion products. Based on the construction, business, and styling of clothing, fashion design and fashion merchandising are two different fields of study.... [tags: students, careers]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- From the moment I starting my educational path I knew four years wouldn’t be enough to fill me with all the dimensions of the fashion industry. This led me to make my decision to apply for the M.S. Global Fashion Enterprise degree. When asked how this program at Philadelphia University would benefit me, I will begin by giving a background on my previous education. I started my undergraduate degree at Buffalo State College in upstate New York pursuing a Bachelor degree in Fashion Merchandising. After being in the program for a year I was confident in knowing I needed a change.... [tags: Merchandising, Retail, Clothing]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Current fashion often provides its audience with surprises, when it comes to attracting consumers and making news in the fashion world. However, most believe that fashion should never cross the line of good taste. We have watched singers like Madonna and Lady Gaga “re-invent’ themselves each year by creating new outfits with outrageous fashion in art and advertising to sell their music. Now there are cases when the expression of these creations in retail promotions step over the line and offend some viewers, or cause controversy among the American people.... [tags: Fashion]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Fashion designers create clothes and are granted opportunities to attend fashion shows and travel the world ("What They Do"). To onlookers, being a fashion designer seems to be all about glitz and glamour, but in reality, there is more to it than what they perceive ("What They Do"). Because they craft original garments, accessories, and footwear, being a designer is a challenging and tedious job ("What They Do"). They sketch designs, select fabrics and patterns, and manage the production process ("What They Do").... [tags: clothes, fabric, internship]
1774 words (5.1 pages)
- Nordstrom’s retail positioning strategy provides it with the competitive edge it needs to differentiate it from competitors who also serve similar markets. First, Nordstrom is unique through its excelling customer service. As a full-service retailer, Nordstrom assists customers in every phase of the shopping process. Because they carry more specialty goods, customers will need and want more assistance leading to increased value of customer service. One of their policies is that they will accept any merchandise that people bring back without asking any questions.... [tags: Marketing, Customer service, Sales, Retailing]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Crocs splashed onto the scene in 2002 with brightly colored plastic shoes that the whole family could wear. From preschoolers to doctors, these shoes appealed to a vast array of consumers. The reason for Crocs’ success can be attributed to their value chain development. Value chains exist to enhance value created at every step of the manufacturing process, from raw materials to final product disposal or reuse (“Value Chain,” n.d.). The sequence of this chain gives the customer high value for a low cost.... [tags: Literary Characters, shoes, fashion]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Strategy and the Strategic Management Process at Target Corporation Retail Trade and General Merchandise Target Corporation operates under general merchandise in a retail trade has about 30 to 40 departments and offers items such as household items, apparel, personal care, sporting goods, photoshop, electronics, jewelry, automotive supplies, pet supplies, pharmacy and Café (Advisen, n, d). Target Corporation is a top discount retail stores in the U.S carrying general merchandise as well sells online (Yahoo Finance, 2015).... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
1067 words (3 pages)
- ... iv. Clothing The clothing line in Fossil is providing primarily of jeans, tee shirts and vintage-inspired fashion clothing. The selling price of the clothing line is comparable to the major competitors like American Eagle Outfitters and J. Crew. Fossil was discontinued shoe product line in the half of fiscal year 2012.Sales for clothing collection for fiscal years 2012accounted for approximately 0.7%of the net sales. v. Customers Fossil actually do not have long-term contracts with any of retail customers.... [tags: fashion accesories, financial statements]
2941 words (8.4 pages)
- Zara's profile Zara is a fashion brand which was established in 1975 by the Spanish Inditex group which was owned by Amancio Ortega. The brand is supported by other sister companies like Bershka, Massimo Dutti, Pull and Bear, Stradivarius, Oysho, Zara Home, Zara kinds and Uterque. Zara has made huge profits during the last two decades and is now ranked the third biggest retailer world-wide (Zhang, 2008). Unlike its competitors, Zara produces more than half of its products in Europe and not in Asia or South America as most companies do nowadays(Bruce and Daly, 2006).... [tags: global fashion brands]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- With quote on the importance of Interior Design within retail environments ever increasing, the question of what drives design in this instance is often the branding of individual stores. In order to confirm this hypothesis, I will conduct a literature review of recent collaborations within interior design and retail companies, before undertaking a critical case study of high end store Anthropologie, recording photos, observations, and customer and staff opinions to explore the effect of branding on the interior design of their stores.... [tags: retail, design, environment]
625 words (1.8 pages)