Fashion major students are often told that those interested in the field of fashion, cannot build real careers without design and merchandising qualifications. The fashion industry is a creative world of its own with many opportunities available. Fashion design involves artistic construction of clothing; whereas, fashion merchandizing is focused on the business aspect of fashion products. Based on the construction, business, and styling of clothing, fashion design and fashion merchandising are two different fields of study.
Fashion design and fashion merchandising college degrees are available on associates, bachelors, and masters levels. With a fashion design degree, different levels of clothing construction and fabric knowledge are offered; whereas; fashion merchandising provides courses in both buying and styling of clothing. In like manner, both fields of study focus on the selling of clothing.
Fashion designers can often be acknowledged as artist; they create, inspire and motivate. A designer is often inspired by their culture and the trends surrounding their everyday lives. ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Several authors have already reviewed the existing literature surrounding the factors which influence the creation of CCB’s. This literature review will include recent works and update what is currently available. From the currently available items, both Essink (2013) and Petry (2006) provide elegant literature reviews on this topic and also include the history of community colleges, the evolution of their missions and an overview of the research done up until this point regarding the CCB. By far the most comprehensive literature review, however, comes from Petrosian (2010).... [tags: College, Education, Students, Degrees]
1923 words (5.5 pages)
- Are college degrees worth the money. Many would wonder this question because graduate degrees are no longer an option or privilege, but rather a necessity. Some may find it as a waste of time or money. Today we are condition to believe that having a higher education will make finding a career easier. In today society technology is advancing and computers are doing pretty much running everything. Bachelor 's degree is no longer worth what it 's used to be back in the day. We have people in the world today that have better careers and have never attended college compared to those that have.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Undergraduate Academic Background My higher education journey began at University of Southwestern Louisiana, now recognized as the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The college was founded in 1899 and the first classes began in 1901 with only 100 students. The original industrial education role the college was set up to facilitate was outgrown by 1921. The university also began to grant bachelor 's degrees the same year. The school was accredited in 1925 by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, College]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- BA’s Coming to your Local Community College Community college is referred to as the 2-year college because its main focus is to get students into the workforce. However, offering a Bachelor degree at a community college can be beneficial. There are several reasons why community colleges should start offering Bachelor Degrees. According to the Community College Baccalaureate Association they intend to, “Promote the development and acceptance of the community college baccalaureate degree as a means of addressing the national problems of student access, demand, and cost.” Plus, this has been brought up for a few years now.... [tags: Associate's degree, Academic degree]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- You’re 50 years old, sitting at the bar with your best friend of over 30 years, talking about the good ole days, reminiscing about your first love and how you looked forward to that first day of work at the job you thought you would have for the rest of your life. Suddenly you find out that your best friend just lost his job of thirty five years to a “snot nose kid” who just graduated college with a bachelor degree in engineering. Not even a generation ago, most parents thought that college was a waste of time and money.... [tags: college education]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- The average college student acquires over $29,000 in educational debt. The debt of American college students has been steadily on the rise. Tuition has been increasing while the average American families’ income has been decreasing. Some students qualify for federal grants; however, the majority of money used to pay for college is debt that has been borrowed from private lenders. Students who qualify for federal grants must still depend on private lenders to fund their education. “Seven in ten seniors graduated with student loan debt, and a fifth of that debt was owed to private lenders, which often charge higher interest rates.” (CNNMoney) Most students enroll in college to better their liv... [tags: tuition, educational debt, career]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- The Best and Worst College Degrees Abstract In today’s society everyone thinks they need to go to college, and over 80% of kids out of high school are. Out of all these kids going to Universities, the majority don’t even know what they want to be the rest of their lives once they get to college. Common sense would tell us that people would go into the field that paid them the most money, this is not always true. So what are the most popular fields to go into when getting out of high School. We did a little research and some comparative analysis, and this is what we came up with.... [tags: Education College Career Essays Papers]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- From the moment I starting my educational path I knew four years wouldn’t be enough to fill me with all the dimensions of the fashion industry. This led me to make my decision to apply for the M.S. Global Fashion Enterprise degree. When asked how this program at Philadelphia University would benefit me, I will begin by giving a background on my previous education. I started my undergraduate degree at Buffalo State College in upstate New York pursuing a Bachelor degree in Fashion Merchandising. After being in the program for a year I was confident in knowing I needed a change.... [tags: Merchandising, Retail, Clothing]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- ... This very often causes a decrease in these students GPA and consequently increases the number of dropouts in the long run. Other times, it will take these students double the time to complete their degrees. Students are faced to deal with these problems when deciding whether continuing their education is the right choice. In today’s competitive climate, there is no time to waste. The US as a nation is being left behind by other governments that have focused on funding education. Students in other nations are taking advantage of the educational tools and services available to them in order to progress in life.... [tags: education, cost, college degrees]
636 words (1.8 pages)
- Retail Merchandising Retail merchandising is a management system of strategic planning and tactical control, directed toward the financial enhancement of an inventory and the profitable distribution of that inventory to the retail consumer. Merchandising enables retailers to make the best use of space and layout. It creates part of the communication process with consumers and focuses on layout, design, traffic flow and display advantage points. It links in with the overall development of a company’s corporate image and strategies, and fits with the organisation’s objectives to enhance and promote image.... [tags: Papers]
1672 words (4.8 pages)