Certainly, popular magazines and style television shows help dictate the trends one find. However, fashion goes deeper than that. Fashion starts on a runway in places around the world such as New York, Paris, London, Tokyo and Milan. Trends including color, shape and general styles sift from these runways to the racks in every local Wal Mart, Macy’s and sometimes even Good Wills. They even make their way to the more creative ones who make their own clothes. Fashion is like a landslide, it starts at the top and slides down until it’s hit everyone in it’s path.
The Los Angeles Times recently published an article about what to expect in the stores this spring all based on the New York, Milan and Paris fashion shows. This spring we can expect to see some 1970’s throwback pieces all thanks to the one and only, Mark Jacobs. Hemlines are lengthening and heels heights are shortening. The future’s bright as vivid bright colors work their way into our wardrobes as well. All of these trends will soon find their way to front and center as last seasons trends make their ways to the clearance racks. All because of small things that started on a runway, possibly half way around the world. One floaty ankle ...
... middle of paper ...
...Stores." New York Shopping. The Huffington Post, 09 20 2010. Web. 19 Nov 2010.
Fisher, Alice. “Top Fashion designers make the recession chic.” Observer. (2009): n. pag. Web. 20 Nov 2010.
Frankel, David, Dir. The Devil Wears Prada. Perf. Streep, Meryl. IMBDdPro: 2006, DVD.
Grasso, Linda. “Bored with your closet? Do like the French.” Style Blog. The Huffington Post, 22 10 2010. Web. 25 Nov 2010.
Moore, Booth. “What to expect in stores from the spring runway shows.” Los Angeles
Times (2010): n. pag. Web. 17 Nov 2010.
Sherman, Lauren. “A Concrete Explanation For Why Our Favorite Runway Looks Don‘t Get Made.” Fashionista. N.P., 08 2010. Web. 16 Nov 2010.
“What does a fashion designer do?.” Wisegeek. N.p., n.d. Web. Nov 17 2010.
Zimmerman, Eileen. “How are trends decided/where do they com from?.” Fashion Spot. N.p., 11 05 2008. Web. 17 Nov 2010.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A fashion capital is defined as a city that exerts international influence on the trends of the fashion world, thriving on consumers, designers, manufacturing, sites of consumption (such as department stores, highstreets, boutiques), and branding and marketing through major fashion events. These characteristics are all evident in the traditional fashion capitals, London, Milan, New York and Paris. The development of these universal fashion cities can only be fully understood if we look at their historic contribution to the production of textiles and the emergence of haute couture.... [tags: Haute couture, Fashion]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Fashion Stylists vs. Fashion Designers Fashion stylists and fashion designers have some similarities, but the differences are very evident. Fashion stylists hold the job title of someone who selects the clothing for published editorial features, print or television advertising campaigns, music videos, concert performances, and any public appearances made by celebrities, models or other public figures. Fashion designers simply create garments to be worn and purchased by the general public. Fashion stylists unlike fashion designers will always be in demand.... [tags: Fashion]
605 words (1.7 pages)
- Fashion is an evolving subject. Fashion Photography, as Fashion itself has transformed too. The way Fashion Photography has changed a lot to what it was and what it is now. And yes it would have changed as a lot has transformed through the years of fashion. Fashion Photography’s meaning and representation has changed in a way that the image represents something that sometimes is not realistic, Photography as an illusion. Fashion Photography has changed in the way we look at it know, it has changed gender issues, sexuality, ethnicity and the way the body has been portrayed.... [tags: Fashion, Fashion Photography, ]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Every year, a new trend emerges that sparks a revolution. A revolution that not only gets rid of the old but brings in the fresh new thing. All across the globe, trends constantly change and the average appearance of a human being is never the same year after year. Celebrities, stylist, weather, and even technology influence these trends. Overall, just about anything can influence a trend to start. And the change of clothing will result from it. This trend or change is clothing is called fashion.... [tags: Clothing, Fashion, Fashion capital, Shorts]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- Fashion is everything to society and the media. The fashion industry has transformed into a necessity in the life of people. Everyone wants to look good, feel fabulous and feel as if we belong with everyone else. The envy and desire to wear certain things and look a certain way all come, from wearing the latest fashion handbags, accessories, dresses, shoes, and the list goes on. But, when is considering fashion into an individual’s life going too far to the extreme. Many do not consider the whereabouts of fashion materials and how the environment is affected by the mere existence of certain garments.... [tags: Fashion ]
2138 words (6.1 pages)
- Conclusion Although numerous previous researches covered the challenges of building fashion brands, this research aimed to find out much deeper information to present challenges of building fashion brands in Shanghai, a modern city of China. This research was a explore research. The key data were from primary research. Both quantitative approach and qualitative approach were adopted. The entire participants were selected through a convenient sample for the reason that it is easy to access to the respondents.... [tags: Fashion]
2073 words (5.9 pages)
- Section A: INTRODUCTION Fashion industry is always the topic that draws attention of every people of us at anywhere and anytime. Everyone becomes so familiar with fashion that he or she thinks that fashion is just simply a fashionable and sophisticated style. However, life in a modern community is far more controlled by fashion industry than many people realize; it affects not only clothing, but almost every aspects of our daily life. When many people think of the fashion industry, they often think of the association of four main areas such as: retail, manufacture, design and advertising.... [tags: Fashion]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- What is Fashion. Fashion is a general term used to describe a style of clothing or practice used by people around the world. Fashion refers to anything that is a trend. Self-presentation is the most direct noticeable marker of fashion. Throughout history we have seen many changes in clothing, from the color, to the material used to make it. We have also seen the style in which clothing is made change drastically. Fashion communicates meanings that have individual and social significance. Society, cultures, gender and even political authority have impacted fashion over the years.... [tags: Fashion ]
1555 words (4.4 pages)
- Right now I am going to school for Fashion Design and Retail Management. After I graduate I plan on opening my own little boutique. The general employment outlook in your area (how likely are you to find a job in the next 2-5 years in this career). The difference in this question is that I don’t plan on working for anyone. I want to work on my own designs and work patenting my own name for my designs, opening my own shop with the help from my family. This is something that has been a dream of mine, and something that I have always wanted to do ever since I have been in high school.... [tags: Fashion]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- After I knew that what I should do for my programme of study, I set the objective to arrange the time line and research for gain the information of this project. Started from research about fashion and trends because I didn’t finish Bachelor’s degree in Fashion, so I need to know some information about to be useful for my project. The first research that I did in the first semester is about writing the diary to arrange the time and what I should do in the first fifteen weeks. Counting from the first week, I had plan to see the fashion show of London Fashion Weekend in London to get some experience about fashion, trends and some of exhibitions.... [tags: Fashion]
536 words (1.5 pages)