There are many people to remember in history, they most of the time deserve it and sometimes they don’t. there are many from Illinois like Abraham Lincoln. some of the famous people are more modern like Walt Disney, Nelly, Danielle Campbell. Walt Disney maybe dead but his creations are very alive unlike Danielle Campbell other cast members. Nelly being a singer with his hard life. Mary Ann Bickerdyke a women that helped in the Civil War Lincoln along with her. These are amazing people that are rememered in todays society.
Lincoln was up for election in the year 1858 (Root 1). becoming a president takes a long time even now. He was up against Douglas. Many debates were involved and many speeches as well (Root 1). These events were made to persuade the audience why the candidate should be president (Root 1).
Lincoln-Speech, Debates, and Monmouth
To get the votes, Lincoln went to Monmouth Illinois to meet historians and many citizens
(Root 1). While he was in Monmouth he made a speech afterwards he went to the William Lafery house (Root 1). After that, he was done in Monmouth and meet Douglas at the railroad. Now that he is done in Monmouth, he is off to the 6th debate of the Lincoln-Douglas series. Even though Lincoln lost the debate he has a special place in the historical records (Root 1).
Many people think when they see Lincoln as a tall beardless man, that isn’t entirely true Lincoln was a normally had a beard. There 119 Photo of Lincoln. So far only one shows him having a beard (Root 1). This painting is valuable in remembrance of Lincoln. Because of what we think we think was always shaved, when actually the opposite. Lincoln, the 16th president, wa...
... middle of paper ...
Many famous people were from Illinios some are not famous for the right reasons; but most are amazing citizens that do good for the community. Nelly made a carity, Mary worked at hospitals, Lincoln was our president. Some are famous for intertainment and for laughs like Walt Disney and Danielle Campbell. They are all amazing people that deserve to be remebered.
"Danielle Campbell." Danielle Campbell. N.p., n.d. Web. Apr.-May 2014.
"Nelly." Nelly. N.p., n.d. Web. Mar.-Apr. 2014.
Root, Becki. "A Lincoln Photograph." Illinois History. N.p.: n.p., 1983. 101-02. Print.
Trefenbach, Janice. Mary Bickerdyke War. N.p.: n.p., 1981. Print.
"Walt Disney." Walt Disney. N.p., n.d. Web. Mar.-Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Criminal Crimes There have been many horrific and disturbing murders in Illinois. There have also been gangs that have been born and destroyed in Illinois. Two of these terrible happened to take place in little Skidmore. One of the gangs in Illinois was Charlie Birger and his Boys. A dreadful and unfortunate murder happened on the famous Chain of Rocks Bridge. The last murder took place in a young woman’s house. Many of these murders and gangs were terrible and scarred the state of Illinois. Stealing a baby from a womb A horrific murder happened in tiny Skidmore on December of 2004.... [tags: Little Skidmore, crimes]
1753 words (5 pages)
- The women from Illinois are different and unique in their own way. Learning about a few of the famous women from Illinois might help to understand the many different people who have lived in Illinois. Even though Betty White was mainly known for her acting she was also a writer. Betty White, Veronica Roth, and Catherine Yates are some of the many interesting and important women from Illinois. Betty White Betty White was the only child of Horance and Tess White; when Betty was two years old her family moved to Los Angeles (“Betty White” Biography para.... [tags: Betty White, Veronica Roth, Catherine Yates]
1059 words (3 pages)
- ... He lived in several places including Ohio, Florida, West Virginia, Illinois, and Iowa. As a kid he was in the Boy Scouts of America program. While in the Boy Scouts, Charles earned the Eagle Scout award. He also visited his grandparents often in West Virginia. Charles had a rather normal childhood besides the moving from state to state. After Charles finished his general education in 1938 he decided to attend college. He worked at Civil Conservation Corps to earn money, so that he could attend college.... [tags: famous individuals in aviation]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- Steve Jobs Steve Jobs (Apple co-founder USA), Steve Paul Jobs (1955.2.24-2011.10.5), the famous American inventor, entrepreneur, co-founder of Apple Inc. Steve Jobs is considered the computer industry and iconic figure in the entertainment industry, he has experienced the ups and downs of Apple and the rise and fall of several decades, has leadership and launched a Macintosh computer (Macintosh), iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad and other popular around the world electronic products, profoundly changed the modern communication, entertainment, lifestyle.... [tags: apple, inventor, entrepreneur]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- There are many people who have influenced American history. Each one has had a different impact on the country. Among the many people who have influenced American history are Thomas Paine, Harriet Tubman, and Dred Scott. Thomas Paine is most known for his pamphlet that inspired the American Revolution. This pamphlet spoke directly to the people and was, therefore, very powerful. Common Sense was read and debated by Americans just about everywhere. The American Crisis, Number 1, was the first in a series of essays that were meant to boost the morale and encourage the revolution.... [tags: independence, slaves, bias]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- “Valerie I need to see you in my office.” Those were the words my boss spoke to me in 2007. She went on to state that Barack Obama the senator of Illinois would be running for president. “Valerie I need you to conduct this interview with him tonight for me”. I stood there dumbfounded because this position was new to me, and I had never conducted an interview before. After returning to my desk I started googling all the information I could find on this potential candidate for president. Barack was a senator from Illinois who served only one term in the senate seat.... [tags: United States, Barack Obama, Illinois]
708 words (2 pages)
- Why was Vincent Van Gogh Famous. Vincent Van Gogh was born March 30, 1853 in Zundert, Netherland. Growing up Vincent was the oldest child, he had five siblings two brothers, and three sisters. Vincent spend most of his time with his new born brother Theo. He had to take care of his brother seen his mother and father had to work. Since Vincent didn’t have time to go to school he had to get home schooled. Even though Vincent had to get home schooled he didn’t let that stop him. After Vincent stopped taking care of his little brother Theo he went off to become famous for his painting skills.... [tags: impressionists, famous dutch painters]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- There are many ways to get a point across or tell a story, but the ones that are mainly used are photographs and narratives. The differences between these two are in the details because they both tell a story. When you tell a story with a photograph you tend to add filters. Sometimes you even choose to capture only a certain part of the story with absolutely no context surrounding it. However, with a narrative you are able to go into complete detail, be it personal or factual, as well as be able to describe all of the story by also giving stories and examples.... [tags: Narrative, Narrative mode, Born into Brothels]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Is it possible to find the perfect college. Well I think that I have found mine. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a great college for me. It has all the aspects in a college that I am looking for. The University of Illinois has an interesting history and a prestigious reputation. It also has top of the line education, campus, and baseball program. The University of Illinois has some interesting history about it. It was founded in 1867 by John Milton Gregory, and started off with only two faculty members.... [tags: Education]
2144 words (6.1 pages)
- Famous People In 1999 Ricky Martin’s debut album hit number one on the Billboard Top 100 charts and also surpassed his other CD sales by selling almost 661,000 copies of his first English language album. That same year two major publishers printed biographies on him. (Griffiths, john 1of 5) Since his Grammy debut in 1999 he seems to have found success in every aspect of his career except in his personal life. Even with all the success he has reaped he unfortunately still suffers from the inability to keep a lasting partner in his life.... [tags: essays papers]
1418 words (4.1 pages)