The first week of the course we were able to introduce ourselves and learnt about other classmates. The professor and other classmates have proven very supportive. Valerie is an amazing teacher and she has encouraged me to expand my learning through the discussions and assignments. She was always responsive to my concerns and doubts. She has also been helpful in my assignments and providing constructive feedback. I am very thankful that she shared some of her personal experiences with us.
I have learnt a lot of important lessons in this course about working with people. The weekly discussions have had the biggest impact on my learning experience in this course because it drives me to think on a deeper spec when I responded to questions and others posts. As well, it provided me with the opportunity to explore the experiences, beliefs and ...
... middle of paper ...
...r resources available to them in their community” (De.ryerson.ca, 2015). I strongly believe in enabling families and their community so that they can become active people and take care of situations in the long run. I respect that the focus of family support is to establish strength in help-seekers; to help them become self-determine, and in turn they can assist in providing services to others. I will carry on with this practice because in a way it opens doors to develop many more helpers.
Aside from the above mentioned, I have learned a great deal of skills that are required to work progressively in a family support environment. These include punctuality; based on assignments and discussions, being open minded; to express myself based on the readings and personal experiences, and understanding family concepts to be able to apply them into practice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Over the course of the semester, I have been place in Hopewell Junior School. I worked with an intervention specialist, Gina Ottlinger. Mrs. Ottlinger works with both seventh and eighth grade students, specializing in math and reading intervention, and inclusion in all content. She was a marvelous mentor, and was very open with what interventions she was implementing, and welcoming to me in her classroom. What I liked the most about Mrs. Ottlinger was her communication to the family of her students.... [tags: Education, Assessment, Special education, Teacher]
1769 words (5.1 pages)
- Today I am going to write about how my family supports me and why this is so important for me. I chose this topic because for me is really important one child to have a good relationship with their parents and siblings. I think that the parents should be the closest people on this world because they give us life and raise us. Their biggest influence is when they support me and no matter what they are always open to talk with me, to discuss things with me and believe in my dreams. The ways that they support me are: When they listen to me and trying to understand my view point, they are always open to discuss things with me and give me their opinion but never force me to do something, they bel... [tags: Essays About Family]
1036 words (3 pages)
- One of the prevalent problems that distract the student’s ability to learn and develop skills that are required to graduate high school is family homelessness. According to the state center for homeless families, 1 out of 45 children in the US are homeless that averagely 1.6 children are homeless every year. There are a variety of factors that cause family homelessness they include domestic violence, lack of affordable housing, decreasing government supports, lack of social support, or the challenges of raising children alone (Stetser, & Stillwell, 2014).... [tags: High school, Education, Dropout, Homelessness]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- Now that I have completed this course, I can see the course applying to my ministry in the following ways so that I may understand the text and the different ways of preaching each subject. As a preacher, it is necessary to understand how to explain God’s promise in which he will pour His Spirit upon people in every special way so that every man receives a different gift that he who has ears and hearts will listen to God’s words and come to Him. The most significant things to my ministry are that each theme has four main different parts of teaching such as introduction, Law, Gospel, and application.... [tags: Course Review]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- What are the Best Practices to Positively Reinforce Appropriate Behaviors in the Classroom and Lower Office Discipline Referrals. Introduction This research project will examine the best practices of the Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports Program (PBIS) and its Three-Tiered Intervention Strategies, as well as how positive student-teacher relationships and teacher praise in lowering the number of office discipline referrals (ODR). The literature review will cover the main aspects and strategies of the Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports Program and the three-tiered intervention backings of The Check, Connect, and Expect Program.... [tags: Behavior, Behaviorism, Psychology]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Over the past eight weeks this class has not only fulfilled my major requirements, but also made me understand more about the complexity of child development and how I can become a better person as a future parent and educator. Since I am an Education major, the four topics that would benefit me in the future are Erikson’s stages, Induction, Educational Self Fulfilling Philosophy, and Adolescence. I plan to be successful with my career and use what I have learned in Child Development to prepare future’s leaders of tomorrow.... [tags: Course Reflection]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- Family health nursing is the nucleus of any nursing practice. It is utilized in all aspects of healthcare. Health and illnesses affect the family as a whole. It is a major family event when one or more of the family members are involved with a medical problem. This affects the health of the individual members and vice versa. Support for the family is just as important as it is for the patient. Health care effectiveness is improved when emphasis is placed on the family. A nurse plays a critical role with the interventions of family health care.... [tags: Nursing, Family, Death, Nurse]
1374 words (3.9 pages)
- Introduction Advanced Practice nursing (APN) is considered the usage of a broader scope of constructive, logical and research-based expertise related to the health and well-being of patients, within a varying disciplines (DeNisco & Barker, 2013). What is the future position of APNs in the progression of our healthcare system. What role will this writer assume, educator, practitioner, population health coach, or all three. The use of theory, primarily Sister Callista Roy’s Adaptation Model, and EBP give this writer a firm foundation to develop and modify her own practice framework.... [tags: Advanced Nursing Practice Career]
2982 words (8.5 pages)
- The Importance of the Access and Foundation Course The eassy is aimed at the reason why I am doing access and foundation course,and why it will lead to a degree qualification.it will be consist of the reason why I chose the access and foundation,and what I will achieve at the end of the programme.All the reasons will be in paragraphs to explain. Second chance with the access and foundation course to gain a degree qualification. I never have the chance to understand higher education standard and the requirements properly, until when I join the access and foundation course.i come to this programme so that I can have a cleared understanding,better knowledge and what is expected in further ed... [tags: Education Course Review Analysis]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Family Practice I was born in Tamil Nadu, a southeastern state in India. I did my schooling in Madras, a large metropolitan city in India. I was interested in science courses especially in Zoology. This interest, combined with my desire to serve the humanity, I set my career goal to become a physician. I then joined Stanley Medical College, which is one of the finest in medical schools in India. After graduation, I worked for a year with an internist, where I dealt with medical emergencies and did inpatient management.... [tags: Residency Admissions Essays]
485 words (1.4 pages)
- The Presidential Electoral System Of The United States
- The Importance Of Exercise Or Activity Level / Fitness
- The Environment Has A Great Impact On Human Health And Development
- Astronomy And The Astronomy Of Astronomy
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt And The Great Depression
- Obamacare And The Affordable Care Act