Set in Italy in the 15th century , where the Church and the Papal states-Romagna,The Marches,Umbria,Sabina,Patrimony of St.Peter,Latium and Campagna-was the greatest power that flourished, Rodrigo Borgia began his infamous journey to becoming a historical crime figure of the century.Mario Puzo had matched the historical and geographical setting with as of the real Borgia family.(http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01289a.htm)
While the book jumps from one character to another , it mainly concentrates on the Borgia family -especially the Pope and two of his children ; Cesare Borgia and Lucrezia Borgia
Rodrigo Borgia (Alexander IV)
Historical representation :On 10th August , 1492 Rodrigo Borgia was elected as the pope, with the name Alexander IV chosen by him. Some cardinals were alarmed by this , but the masses that waited outside for the new Pope. During his reign , he started out by creating a strict administration of justice and an orderly movement of the government to the people’s satisfaction.He then later started to slip off and abuse the power.("Alexander VI").
Fictional representation :Rodrigo Borgia , a man of many sins , decided to enter the political feud of being the most powerful man in Italy ; The Vicar of Christ.He is known as to commit many atrocious sins and acts that are not fit for a cardinal (e.g.attending orgies , gave power to members of his fa...
... middle of paper ...
...your life.My favourite character is Joffre Borgia ; Cesare got the brains , Lucrezia got beauty , Juan got the art of seduction but Joffre got both the calm and darkness that is far greater than any of the Borgias.
5."Alexander VI." Encyclopedia Britannica . N.p.. Web. 5 Dec 2013.
6."Juan Borgia the younger ." Assassins's creed wiki . N.p.. Web. 5 Dec 2013.
7."Cesare Borgia ." NNDB : Tracking the entire world. N.p.. Web. 5 Dec 2013.
8."Lucrezia Borgia ." NNDB : Tracking the entire world. N.p.. Web. 5 Dec 2013.
9."Gioffre Borgia ." Wikipedia. N.p.. Web. 5 Dec 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In a world little seen or heard of, the Godfather emerges as the universal symbol of organized crime for all of those who read or watch this tale. From killing Fanucci, a local extortionist, to becoming the most powerful Don in the United States, Vito Corleone’s rise to power is indeed spectacular. The book opens emphasizing the network of friends that Don Corleone has created, starting at the wedding where they have their meetings. After failed negotiations to save his godson Johnny’s movie career, the Don sends Luca Brasi to kill Jack Woltz’s prized $600,000 racehorse and place its head in his bed.... [tags: organized crime, Corleone, Don Vito]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Nature Vs. Nurture Mario Puzo’s, Omerta, reflects the theory of Thomas Hobbes In the state of nature, where the theory states, that in the state of nature“…no account of time; no arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.”(The Modern Age: Ideas In Western Civilization, Page 37-30) In Peter Cary’s, True History of the Kelly Gang, which conveys the theory of Jean-Jacques Rousseau, “Man is born free; and everywhere he is in chains.... [tags: essays research papers]
2737 words (7.8 pages)
- Death is something that no one likes to encounter. Weather it be a friend, relative, teacher or even a pet. Growing up in Martinez, California everyone knows everyone because it is such a small town and when big news hits our little town, it gets spread pretty fast and when the news is about a young girl who passed away, the world seems to stand still. It is a feeling that will rush over someone and take control of their mind, body and soul; it is a feeling that I would not wish on my worst enemy.... [tags: Family, High school, Writing, Middle school]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- The Myth and Ritual of Coffee in Mario Puzo’s The Fortunate Pilgrim When I arrived in Italy in May 1998, my first order of business was to sample some Italian coffee. Being an avid coffee drinker, and having heard that Italians brew the best in the world, I was quite eager to find a little bar that would cheerfully quench my craving. I was not disappointed. The cappuccino that I sipped that day was a two-layer affair, a mountain of rich foamy milk atop a modest amount of strong, hot espresso.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1948 words (5.6 pages)
- Mario Puzo’s "The Godfather" was the first and most influential gangster movie that paved the way for gangster movies of the future. The movie was directed by Frances Ford Copolla, who made many different ingenious ways to portray this gangster classic. The movie was a very subversive movie, and one of the first of all time.The Godfather has a many different uses of light settings through the whole movie, in which the movie can be interpreted on. The lighting in "The Godfather," is very dim and is often said to be compared with a Rembrant.... [tags: Film Mario Puzo]
640 words (1.8 pages)
- ... The ZR and ZL buttons are predominantly used to serve a few simple, though important, functions. Key examples of this are tapping them to earn a boost from the starting line in events like speed skating, getting a running start to enter a bobsled, or to shift your weight while snowboarding. We particularly enjoyed using the GamePad’s motion controls. The size of the GamePad works well with events like snowboarding, bobsledding, curling, etc. as they are all basically steering games and the GamePad provides a great sense of control.... [tags: video game analysis]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- The smooth, heart felt voice of Jersey Boy, Frank Sinatra, floods your ears as you enter Mario’s Tutte Bene. The dim lighted, dining room with hanging Tiffany Lamps and era style tables from the 1940’s, takes you back into an era of glamor and organized crime. The half-moon Italian leather booths that surround the outmost of the dinner room are soft and comfortable. The authentic Italian foods such as Penne Vodka, Chicken Saltimbocca, Shrimp Scampi and Veal Parmigiana engulf your sense of smell and make your mouth water.... [tags: food and restaurant critique]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- ... With this limited equipment, he able to manage to save his damsel every single time he tries. The way he urges to save his damsel with a limited gears applies to a protective and a robust description of a male gender. When imagining a military uniform set, beret is commonly included. Having a background of military in Mario’s detail mirror to the description of a protective male gender. This replicates the ideal Mario’s reference when he tries to save his beautiful damsel every time. Although Mario is a fantasy character,but he is as robust as a real military man in real life.... [tags: Gender, Male, Masculinity, Man]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Drugs and the Mafia Works Cited Missing The Accuracy of Drugs as portrayed in the Godfather by Mario Puzo, as opposed to reality Throughout history Writers have been writing fictional novels based on real historical events. The Godfather by Mario Puzo is such a book in which Puzo portrays Mafia life and business starting at the late 40’s. The Corleone crime Family in this novel is shown having troubles with the other organized crime syndicates concerning drugs. Many of the other families are pushing the idea of joining the narcotics market, however the Corleones do not want to intervene in such a disagreeable business.... [tags: Godfather Puzo Drugs Mafia Essays]
1555 words (4.4 pages)
- In 1922, women from Calvary Episcopal Church and St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral established the Church Mission of Help, based on an outreach mission program at Trinity Episcopal Church in New York City. The program focused delinquent women and girls over sixteen who found themselves in difficult situations. The program was run by volunteers until 1924 when the first staff person was hired, Miss Theresa de Birmingham, as Executive Secretary. In 1925, Miss Agnes Grabau became Executive Secretary and served in that capacity until 1960.... [tags: Case Study ]
1156 words (3.3 pages)