Anyone living within the Unites States today has come to realize that since 2008 we have all had to tighten our finical belts to survive, just as the Federal Govenment. Each one of us, from little households, to the big spenders on Wall State. It seems that every year, each state is faced with reducing the amount of money that it spends on education. Which seems odd to me, because if we as a nation are not educated to the level needed to compete with the academic level of the world, we are doomed to fail from the bottom up? With this reduction in funding are students’ classrooms keep getting larger and larger until realistically they become nothing more than educated dummies. Pushed through the system due to the lack of needed supplies, materials, and properly trained teacher. As due to low pay and antiquated equipment. I use to sit and listing to the talking heads on both, sides talk about our education system, attempting to soak in the good and the bad. Attempting my best to be as “Fox News” would say “Fair and Balanced”. They would complain about how a Professor here or a grade school teacher there would offer their own opinion as law or truth. Now of course regardless of which side of the ball you are on there could be concerned with this mind-set.
Young people are acceptable to ideals that they may not clearly understand. They do to their own lack of knowledge may take on theirs teachers or instructor mind-set, not truly understanding why, just attempting to conform to their instructor way of thinking not wanting to confront or start an confrontation regarding the subject of which they are discussing. I have only known of one family since coming to Oak Harbor that ...
... middle of paper ...
...ing. For me this is one of the most important reasons to home school our children. It will ensure that they will be able to form their own opinion.
"Benefits of Homeschooling: Homeschool Information : Homeschooling Information : Homeschool Pros and Cons Essentials to Consider BEFORE You Start Homeschooling. : Sonlight Curriculum." Sonlight: Christian Homeschool Curriculum, Homeschool Program, Resources, Education, Homeschooling Materials & Books. Sonlight Curriculum Ltd. Web. 7 Sept. 2010.
"HSLDA | Home Schooling Works!--The Scholastic Achievement and Demographic Characteristics of Home School Students in 1998." Homeschool: HSLDA-Home School Legal Defense Association. Home School Legal Defense Association. Web. 7 Sept. 2010.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- All throughout the years the economy has been changing, with the unemployment rate fluctuating to accommodate the economic changes. With unemployment on the rise people have to choose between their wants and needs based on their economic situation; the ability to prioritize these things will make or break them in this economy. The government plays a direct and indirect role in the economic lives of people as well. There are probably things that can be done about the current economic situation, but the problem has yet to be solved.... [tags: budget cutbacks, stress]
1478 words (4.2 pages)
- Aside from this many people still argue that there is not a gap in education. Education is fair, america is fair. If a boy living Chicago, well below the poverty line, wants an education he can get it. That’s true he can get that education, but, odds are he won’t. This is not because he can’t, it is because of endless odds stacked against him. Heaps of barriers for him to climb over where an affluent child walks right around. The issue is not if education is possible, it’s if it is fair. Education starts in the home and with no role models, no money for extra help, and worries far beyond the next math test.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, Wealth]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- ... People state that this is costing America millions of dollars in federal funds that could be put toward the protection, care and all around betterment of its own people. This is likely due to the fact that the average cost of living in America has gone while the minimum wage air average income of a US citizen hasn’t changed in the last sixteen years. This causes people to resent those who come here illegally. Recent studies have shown that many legal laborers in America are much more conservative with their money.... [tags: Immigration to the United States, Immigration]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Community college students aren’t benefitting from this formula because the split is drastic. Even though the formula was established to dispense a minimum annual fund it did not create a fair distribution of money. As Ould said, “the way government funds schools is a mess” (13). Not enough money is going into classrooms in order to measure up to the demand of classes. Tuition fees have also increased so that colleges could get themselves more money. Community colleges have suffered most when there is a decrease in per student funding, “ there is no question it negatively impacts the quality of a community college educational experience as seen in longer lines, larger class sizes, fewer cou... [tags: Higher education, Education, Community college]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- Medicare Cutbacks Politicians, hospital administrators, doctors, and union leaders across the country are scrambling to reverse Medicare policy that has cut off, and will continue to cut off, billions of dollars from the health care industry and force cutbacks in critical medical services. The combination of rising cost in the health care industry and the diminishing Medicare payments are predicted to result in devastating effects to many aspects of the sector. Physicians, treatment facilities, medical training institutions, as well as beneficiaries are all vulnerable to the adverse effects of Medicare cutbacks.... [tags: essays research papers]
485 words (1.4 pages)
- Introduction Since the end of hunting and fruit gathering as the only source of survival and emergence of animal rearing and agriculture work started to emerge as separate from life. It emerged as a activity in which people engaged themselves so that they can earn enough food and meat to eat and share with family, friends and the tribes men. It was a point of separation of livelihood from job. A man was working till the end of the day to spend his after work hours at leisure. It was a great source of development by providing luxury of time, security of food and physical safety which allowed men to indulge in higher order desires and a host of self actualization needs came out.... [tags: work and life balance]
1949 words (5.6 pages)
- Searching For a Balance in Education The definition of "education" encompasses many different meanings. It can be defined as schooling, studies, learning, the educational system, and the list continues on. Both Adrienne Rich and Jon Spayde feel that education is composed all of these elements. But learning at a school, inside of a classroom is only the beginning. There is much more to learn other than what is inside of a text book. Learning, in large part, will come from experiencing the happiness, horrors, tragedies, and other lessons that life will bring us.... [tags: Learning Education Essays]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- Fair value accounting measurement has been extensively used in financial reporting over last 20 years. Fair value accounting measurement is a financial method in which entity used to measure and report an estimate of the return that the entity will receive if its assets are sold and the entity relieved of its financial liabilities. The entity would report a loss if it reports a reduction in assets or rise in a number of liabilities. There are legitimate debates concerned on usefulness and the implementations of the fair value accounting measurement in regarding the recent financial crunch, the adversaries argued that financial reporting using fair value accounting measurement has an impact o... [tags: Balance sheet]
1033 words (3 pages)
- The 1893 World’s Fair A World’s Fair is an “[I]nternational exposition that features exhibits dealing with commerce, industry, and science.” (World Book Encyclopedia 412) Entertainment is also present along with cultural activities. In 1893, the World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago, although inaugurated a year late, commemorated the discovery of America. I feel that the Exposition displayed some of the more beautiful architecture of its time; its immense buildings and sculptures drew heavily from Greek and other classical styles, and it could possible be because of the sweeping popularity in Beaux Arts architecture.... [tags: Arts World's Fair Essays]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Marriage in Vanity Fair Many of the characters in "Vanity Fair" are married from the start of the novel, or are betrothed during the novel. The reasons behind the marriage vary from character to character - even within relationships. While some may have love in mind, it is the temptation of money and social status that encourages others to walk down the aisle. The perspectives on marriage also depend on the position in the relationship. Mothers and fathers sometimes have more economic ideals while their children are in love, or even have no regard for each another at all.... [tags: Vanity Fair Essays]
1702 words (4.9 pages)