One thing that I used to consider myself as was a visual learner. This is because I used to memorize many things through images and pictures I took in my head of the pages and texts I had to memorize. I remember back in middle school and high school when those texts become bigger and the amount of studying got larger and larger, I always relayed on my capacity of visual learning and this helped me through those time. But during my last year of high school I had a friend who I studied most of my exams with. I found that I was more productive with him than by myself and I stopped seeing myself as just a visual learner, but also an auditory learner. This helped me throughout that last ...
... middle of paper ...
...rning. One of the goals would be to find the perfect location where I know I can go without getting distracted by anyone, and also without distracting anyone if I study with someone. Another goal would be to find the person whom I can study with as this would be really helpful as it would make my studying easier, quick, and productive. But although this can seem really easy this is not as finding the right person means that you have to have the same classes and just this is hard, but you would have to be similar learners to, which is even harder and this is why I have this as a need, but also as one of my goals. As it is something I have already experienced in the past but also something that I do not do now. In general, my strategies and goals are mostly based on college as it is the period which I am experiencing now and where I use most of my learning process for.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Immigration can best be split up into distinct eras with regard to the immigration policies at the time. Immigration laws and policies are the most influential factor because they are driving who is allowed into the country and also influencing public opinion on immigrants. Immigration can be split into 5 distinct times periods, the tittles used for each of the periods in the essay are borrowed from Michael LeMay. Despite very distinct characteristics of each period of immigration, there are many trends that carry over and can be found in each of the time periods.... [tags: Immigration to the United States, Immigration]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- Influential Factors Factors that may have influenced the findings were students being interviewed by their instructor and having students write down the laps they ran each week. While interviewing, the students were encouraged to be honest in their feelings about their experience in cooperative learning groups. Some students may have felt like they would be disappointing the instructor by answering in any type of negative way about cooperative learning groups. Students may have felt that answering in a negative way about cooperative learning groups may result in the teacher not liking them as much.... [tags: Learning, Education, Exercise, Better]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- The Deterioration of America 's Most Influential Profession It is a teacher 's duty to provide students a quality education. Effective teaching is both complex and fairly difficult, yet not impossible. James Comer says that no significant learning can occur without a significant relationship. Comer 's statement hints at one unrecognized truth about teaching: teaching does not only require knowledge about a specific subject, it is necessary to possess effective communication skills, patience, and strategy.In order for this symbolic relationship to work students must also contribute and not give up.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Student]
1389 words (4 pages)
- Nike, is a sneaker company “armed with an inimitable attitude, phenomenal growth, and the apparent ability to dictate fashion trends to some of the world’s most influential consumers.” (Spar, Page 2) Regardless of its prosperity among young adults, Nike was faced with an overflow of scandals and “was increasingly becoming known as the company of labor abuse.” (Spar, Page 2) By the late 1990s, “the Nike product had become synonymous with slave wages, forced overtime, and arbitrary abuse.” (Knight, Page 13) For years, Nike faced harsh criticism across the globe for its labor practices.... [tags: Industrial Revolution, Factory, Phil Knight]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- There are many aspects of my generation that reflect, define, and influence my generation. Its a difficult task to understand Generation X, my generation. We are like no generation before us, and no preceding generation will be like ours. We are empowered by the Internet, we have more knowledge about technology than our parents, and we are exposed to so much information. One thing remains unchanged, as with past generation; the relationship between us and our parents. Jamake Highwater once said, "the greatest distance between people is not space, but culture.(301)" This is true, my generation has their own culture, one which is of course different than that of our parents.... [tags: American History]
1777 words (5.1 pages)
- Many historians argue that Malcom X was the most influential individual for the advancement of the civil rights movement. However historians such as Cone critique this view. He states that Malcom X would have had far less influence if it was not for the peaceful and accommodating approach that Martin Luther King advocated. Malcom X (born Malcom Little) was born on the 19th of May 1925. From being born Malcom and his family, like many other African-Americans at the time, were subject to racial prejudice and abuse.... [tags: W. E. B. Du Bois, African American, Malcolm X]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- As part of my dance course I am going to look into a post-modern choreographer called Kurt Jooss. I will explore his work and his reasoning behind the work he did. I will also explore Jooss as a person to try and get a deeper understanding and knowledge of why he worked the way he did and how he became such an influential choreographer. I plan to research his life, his work and his technique in this essay and I feel Asif they are the most important factors as a choreographer. Kurt Jooss was a German dancer, teacher and choreographer born on the 12th of January 1901.... [tags: Dance, Choreography, The Green Table, Kurt Jooss]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- People purchase products and services for a variety of reasons, whether it is for their own personal wants and needs, for family and friends, or for prestige. These consumers vary in age, income, education, and lifestyles. This report briefly discusses the influences involved in consumer purchases and identifies the consumer process used in order to purchase a product or service. Consumer decision making is “the process of making purchase decisions based on cognitive and emotional influences such as impulse, family, friends, advertisers, role models, moods, and situations that influence a purchase.” (Schiffman & Kanuk, 2007, p.... [tags: Consumer Research]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- The American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual defines antisocial personality as a persuasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues to adulthood. Antisocial patterns are also known as psychopathy, sociopathy, or dissocial personality disorder. Those with ASPD are sociable but in an abnormal way. They do not conform to normal social standards or behavior. Individuals lack empathy for others and have no shame when causing damage towards another person.... [tags: behavior, impulsivity, conduct]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- One way to determine whether or not someone is influential towards a university is to look at the type of impact they have made. This could be through dedicated teachings, being well versed in many areas, whether that be in one college or the university as a whole, and having done research on a plethora of different topics, but also having that research be widely accepted. When weighing all of these factors one person comes to mind, that person is Amy W Ando. Amy has gone above and beyond any expectation the university has of a single professor and represents what it truly means to be an influential force on campus.... [tags: University, College, Professor, Doctorate]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- A Famous Bishop Of Hippo, St. Augustine
- Racial Profiling Act Of 2015
- Medical Field That Deals With The Diagnoses, Prevention, And Treatment Of Mental Disorders
- Moral Hazard, Asymmetric Information, And Adverse Selection
- Analysis Of Booker 's ' Fuck Hell '
- Terrorism From Other Forms Of Political Violence