Facebook social media facilitate connection of people with each other. As people age up, most of the social connections are cut. The link between colleagues, friends, and loved ones is reduced to a minimal or lost. This is because of the retirement and establishment of permanent pl...
... middle of paper ...
...ook media platform. From the discussion, the benefits offered by Facebook play a crucial role in the lives of the old people. Benefits provided by the social media should therefore not be taken for granted since they provide solutions to particular problems faced by the older people that would be costly to solve using other means. Statistics indicate that if the use of Facebook social media is adopted by the old people, there are increased chances of improvement in the quality of life lived by the elderly people. The lengthening of the lives of more aged people shall, therefore, be celebrated by majority given that it also facilitates the use integration of technology in the livelihood of the old people. Therefore, the benefits of the Facebook social media by elderly outweigh the disadvantages. It should be embraced by both the elderly and their younger counterparts.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social media is a term that has been used to explain the communication between several groups or individuals in which they create, participate, or gain ideas over the Internet. Social media sites have achieved astonishing universal popularity and development, which has led to attracting attention from many researchers globally. Adolescents and young adults are the most enthusiast users of these sites even though all generations, in our modern society, have included the social network in their lives, as well.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- From SnapChat to Instagram, our ever changing world has been flooded with social media. Almost 30 years ago the technology took the world by storm with the invention of the home computer system. The first known case of social media started with the Bulletin Board System, which allowed users to communicate where they could download files and send messages to other users. On August 6, 1991 that’s when everything changed with the creation of the World Wide Web otherwise known as the modern internet and by the mid-1990s, it was not going to slow down no matter how many people doubted it.... [tags: Social network service, MySpace, Facebook]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- In today’s society, it is rare to come across someone who is not on at least one social networking site, whether it be on the most popular Facebook site, or on one of the other billion online networking sites. What began as a source for young adults has now become well-liked with far younger ages, In fact there are “. . . over 7.5 million children younger than 13 are on Facebook . . . ” (Graber). With each day social networks popularity increases, and the immediate result seem excellent. Each of these sites gives a vast amount of options of what to post, from a simple status update that might tell the users ' friends what he/she are doing, or feeling, to what movie, music, restaurants, and e... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Twitter]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- Social networks are tools that let us communicate with friends and family, share our lives with them, learn about theirs, and sometimes even to establish new relationships. Social networking sites are being broadly used by young and adults all over the world, being the formers, the main target market of the largest Social Network of the world, Facebook. According to recent statistics which can be found in Facebook’s home page, the site has 500 million active users around the globe, who have an average of 130 friends in their contact’s lists.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Social network]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- In the year 2015, we live in a world where technology is constantly revamping itself and always increasing in popularity across the globe. One of the most innovative and popular forms of technology to be innovated is the use of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more. One question raised due to the increase in popularity of social media is whether or not the church should engage in active use and participation of social media for outreach and what not, specifically for reaching those who are considered young adults between the ages of eighteen and twenty-nine.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Social network service]
1911 words (5.5 pages)
- Many people around the world ‘Like’ Facebook as a means of social interaction, especially young adults. One question that researchers and psychologists are asking is whether or not Facebook is making us lonely or is it just that lonesome people are more attracted to Facebook. The research article “An Examination of the reciprocal relationship of loneliness and Facebook use among first-year college students” by Lai Lei Lou and several others suggests that lonesome people like to use online social contact because it shields them from the embarrassing and awkward situations they might face in real-life interactions.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Social networking sites like Facebook can have both negative and positive effects. Facebook can leave us feeling like we are not good enough if we don’t have enough likes on our pictures or if we do not have a certain amount of friends. While on the other hand it can make us feel empowered and worthy when we have a significant amount of likes on our picture and thousands of friends on Facebook. The following two articles argue whether or not social networking sites like Facebook, have a negative or positive effect on one’s overall well-being.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, MySpace]
1750 words (5 pages)
- ... The negative attacks are worse on Twitter. Since there is an opportunity to be a little more anonymous, the negativity is more personal. Those in the entertainment industry will say their peace and then be verbally attacked by people that are following them on Twitter. I hear all the time on TV or radio how some of these entertainers have to block fans due to the negative and hateful comments that they leave. For example if a football player has a Twitter account and he fumbles the ball in a big game that costs his team a chance to win a championship, the amount of hateful, negative posts can be very disturbing.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Facebook, Attack!]
706 words (2 pages)
- Social networking has been exploding with popularity since the 90s and has progressively attracting more and more different audience types. Some social networking sites that are currently popular are MySpace, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tinder, and Snapchat but the most widely used social network is most likely Facebook. Facebook was originally created for a small specific group of college students but it expanded all over the country and eventually the world. Facebook is an outstanding social network that allows people to socialize and share what is going on in their lives.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In have gained a widespread audience across the world. Although the original intentions of these social sites were positive, these mediums of social interaction now have negative effects. Young adults aged 14 – 26 are the demographic which make up the vast majority of social media users and thus are the most effected by social media. Social media has negative effects on young adults. The use of social media by young adults has harmful psychological effects, creates antisocial effects, and negatively consumes time.... [tags: Social Media, Social Networks, 2014]
2833 words (8.1 pages)