Facebook to me is just a use of communication for my family. The longer Facebook has been out, the more my family uses it. I don’t have a problem with that but they always like to comment on everything I put up. With my brother being overseas the main purpose for me is to be able to talk to him with no problem and Facebook gives me that opportunity. It’s also very helpful for me to keep in touch with the family that I’m not as close to. I also feel it is a very important way for me to interact with a lot of my friends because since we have all graduated from high school and are either in college or just doing their own thing. Besides talking to family I use Facebook to watch funny videos, listen to music, as well as view various photos of friends and celebrities. Since being in college I find myself to be stressed out a lot and whenever I need to take a break I can always go to Facebook for a good laugh.
When you look on my page you can see that it is very simple. Since I have mostly family up their I don’t post a lot because I know they have strong opinions about things. I only try to post the important parts on my life script because it makes me who I am, as for going...
... middle of paper ...
... to be all in her status because they always comment on them. This was also similar because this is why I never post anything because I don’t like for my family members to comment on every single thing. The main thing we both do is share different videos and pictures. The only difference in our pages is that I have privacy settings set up t when only certain people can see my post and photos. On the other hand, she doesn’t have any privacy setting set up. From her page I was able to tell that she doesn’t really like her family in her business and that she is a quite person. Just from seeing her in class I could make this assumption about her although she is more open in class. I believe that we both like to take a prevention method when it comes to our page. We know that our family will probably have something to say if we were to post pictures about us going out.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Facebook is one of the most common social website that connects people with their friends and family. Facebook has a unique way of sharing information, including news feeds, photos, and a contact between people, which makes it very popular. In the book The Facebook Effect: The Inside Story of the Company that is connecting the World, Kirkpatrick mentioned that, “Social networking has now extended across the entire planet. Facebook is the world’s largest such network. It is the rare high school and college student who does not routinely use Facebook or MySpace” (85).... [tags: Facebook, Instant messaging]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- The Future of Facebook Social Media are increasingly popular in the world. Almost everyone has an account in any social media platform, most of us use them to connect with family, friends or to meet new people. We share photos or videos with other to share details of our everyday life, we share opinions and stay update with news and current events. Facebook is the most popular social media platform of all time, within six years, Facebook has experienced dramatic growth; it has reached more than a billion users and is still growing rapidly.... [tags: Facebook, Sociology, Social media]
713 words (2 pages)
- I attended the "Sex, Gender, and Commodity on Facebook" Pop Culture Series event. The presentation illustrated the power and impact Facebook has on us, our relationships, and in our lives. Ceilan and Jeff were describing Facebook as an ideology that calls us to participate and become a part of it. The social network was a commodity that has turned into an important necessity in our lives. Facebook is a way for people to keep score and evaluating themselves against their friends and family; by comparing their accomplishments, social lives, and possessions.... [tags: facebook, social media, socialization]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- Technology has become an important part of modern society. There was not always a time where a person could leave the house and send a friend a text message letting them know he or she were on the way over. No, the person would usually just show right up at his or her friend’s house, or how about the daunting task of doing research for a school assignment having to look through the school library for the answers. Technology has made a these things a bit easier. Since technology early introduction in the world it has changed significantly.... [tags: Mobile phone, Internet, Text messaging]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- Facebook is the New Weed (not the News Feed) Why is Mark Zuckerberg the 21st century 's greatest drug dealer. Because it may seem too obvious, you have probably never thought about the difference between Facebook and Marijuana. You have also presumably never asked yourself if there is an actual difference. What is the difference between Facebook and Marijuana. Is there one. Obviously, yes. There is one difference. Facebook is legal in North America; Marijuana is not—with a few exceptions in the U.S.... [tags: Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Social network]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- According to Facebook statistics as listed by Zephoria (2015), in one minute on Facebook: 510 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded. This data causes one to wonder what the factors are that contribute to the desire of a user to post a picture or status update on Facebook. Research by Nadkarni and Hofmann (2012), shows that people are motivated to use Facebook for two primary reasons. The first reason is that individuals feel the need to belong. They mention that the factors which cause this are variations in culture as well as demographics.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Sleep, MySpace]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Facebook: More Good than Bad for Teens Teenagers have their social life at their fingertips. Facebook and Twitter are very popular among teens. One study shows that 85% of teenagers use social media and yet, another study reports that 96% of college students have a Facebook account (Its 's Just Drama). A big dilemma is whether this extended social connection is a positive or negative influence on today 's youth. Facebook has been a part of society since 2004. Some may argue that Facebook has contributed to cyberbullying and is a negative influence on society.... [tags: Facebook, Social media]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- Writing is becoming an important part of America society. Especially for people who are organizing businesses, since they have to send letters to their customers. The letters have to be in the form of professional writing and contain many big words. Why don 't they just use easy words. Why do they have to be in big words. I guess using big words make them sound professional. I 'm not implying that I am against professional writing or using big vocabularies in writing. In fact, I favor big vocabularies, that why I tried to use them as much as I can in my writing, instead of just plugging in easy vocabularies.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writer, Creative writing]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- Social media is an important part of today 's society; It bestows us with our identity as a country while strengthening our qualities and norms. Himani Bannerji, a Bengali-Canadian writer, sociologist, and philosopher, notes that the media provide us with images of “prescription and description.” Social media promotes a belief of peace and tranquility, equality, and that we are better being complacent with life because if not, coverage of those that stray from the crowd, are constantly presented with the threat of a dystopian society.... [tags: Sociology, Twitter, Racism, Race]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- Sociology of Technology Alexis Reed Sociology 111 Professor Ellinghouse 03-29-2016 Research Term Paper Abstract Technology has become a huge part of today’s society. All things of technology has shown that there’s a huge impact on the way we are learning to communicate with one another. Many individuals are socially disconnected, and there’s an increase in social isolation. Instead of communicating face to face, we are communicating through social media and our cellphones. In today’s society, we need to make a change.... [tags: Sociology, Communication, Personal life, Society]
1004 words (2.9 pages)