Another social media site that people are crazy about is Twitter. In March 2006 the first prototype was built for small groups of people created by Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams and Biz Stone. By August 2006 twitter was launched publicly. Its purpose was to send texts as tweets so everyone is able to see them. A lot of famous people use it to interact with their fans as well as people to associate with friends.
Does anyone truly know what Facebook and Twitter are being used for? Not many parents consider checking on their teens to see what they are using these sites for. There are many things taking place on these sites, some are good and some are not so good. Some of these things can be dangerous or harmful to others. It’s not just used to play games or update statuses. People tend to hurt other’s feeling on purpose and they don’t even care.
The social networking pages, Facebook and Twitter, play a huge role in some people’s lives. Facebook and Twitter have some positive aspects for the society, such as keeping contact with friends, sharing photos and expressing feelings. There are also some negative aspects of these two websites, such as a lack of privacy, cyberbully...
... middle of paper ...
...e a big impact on some people lives. There are many good features that they have to offer, such as keeping in contact with friends,sharing photos, and expressing feelings.There are also some bad features of these websites, such as a lack of privacy, cyber bullying, and being able to post whatever you choose.
There will always be a debate whether Facebook and Twitter are good for society or bad. But honestly you’re the only one who can decide how you plan on using these social networking sites. Parents should monitor what there children are doing so they can avoid any of the negative aspects of these sites, such as keeping paedophiles away and protecting all the information you allow these site to have like your address and phone number. Even if they are using these site for good things like homework help or talking to a friend. Its always good to be safe then sorry.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... They also allow extra moves to be sent so theres more of a chance to win. But the higher the spot in the game the harder it get. Friends are able to interact with each other because it allows you to pass friends. Every time you win and they don’t they stay at the same level while you move up on.There might be a chance that someone is playing a game with another person that lives in China or Russia. Children, teens and college students can even use Facebook for study groups. They can create their own group and add students in their classes to help each other with assignments or even discuss class topics.... [tags: social networking analysis]
2371 words (6.8 pages)
- Facebook vs Twitter In today’s century, social media allows us to communicate with allows and to see what the latest news in towns, cities, different states, and countries all over the world. This now plays an important role in our society. Social media is a communication source, resource, and enjoyable object that is ever changing and the need for this technology has increased dramatically. Facebook was created by 23-year-old Mark Zuckerberg in his college dorm room at Harvard University. The website was originally called “The Facebook” due to a poll that was passed around the school’s campus (Phillips A brief history of Facebook.) This website was hardly noticed at first, but now Faceboo... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Facebook, Text messaging]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- Modern society is a slave to the media. Everyone, everywhere is influenced by the media in both positive and negative ways. The media touches every aspect of a persons life, from their clothes to their hair color. Society is told what they should spend their money on, what products will make them popular, and even what car they should be driving. Every Super Bowl, a record amount of viewer, which trump over 100 million, watch thirty second commercials with as much focus as the game itself. These advertisements which cost roughly four million dollars vary from beer and car commercials, to soda and music promotions.... [tags: modern society, facebook, twitter]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction Media and society have always been inseparable. In his article The Mediatisation of Society Theory (Hjarvard 2008), Stig Hjarvard deduced that media simultaneously have become an integrated part of society. This integration, undoubtedly, has brought about changes in societies and media as both sides interact with and affect each other. One of prominent discussion covering this issue is that media have generated a great impact to the way people live. New social media, such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter with their “premise of increased engagement, a radical change from mass communication to interaction, from information transmission to dialogue” (Hoffmann & Kornweitz, 2011, p.... [tags: Mediatisation of Society Theory]
2800 words (8 pages)
- The Contrast Between Facebook And Twitter Social media has become a major epidemic in today’s society. According to millions of people have signed up on social media websites, allowing their basic information to be shared with the world wide web. Two of the biggest social media websites today are Facebook and Twitter. The new generation tends to use Twitter over Facebook, the older generation prefer Facebook over Twitter. Though Facebook and Twitter serve the same purpose and have many similarities, they both differ in many ways.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Facebook]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Social Media and Society In the past few years, the use of social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook have skyrocketed. In 2008, 26% of American adults used a social media site daily (“Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?”). In March of 2015, 74% of American adults are said to use some type of social media site on a daily basis (“Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?”). With the public interest in social media growing rapidly, it is essential that we make sure that it does not have too much of an influence on our lives.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Facebook]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- In the past few years, the use of social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook have skyrocketed. In 2008, 26% of American adults used a social media site daily (“Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?”). In March of 2015, 74% of American adults are said to use some type of social media site on a daily basis (“Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?”). With the public interest in social media growing rapidly, it is essential that we make sure that it does not have too much of an influence on our lives.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Facebook]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- The Internet has been around as a network since the late 1960s and has been very influential in the progress of society. Social media, on the other hand, developed its roots in 1997 with the creation of Six Degrees as the first social networking site. Six Degrees enabled its users to create their personalized profiles and make friends with other users (Hendricks). There have been several social networking sites that have been developed over the years such as Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and Snapchat.... [tags: Twitter, Social network service, Facebook]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Together Alone Social media is fast becoming a daily activity; countless people have become dependent on its use as a dominate way of communicating. It’s common for anyone to hear of important, birthdays, engagements, and other life events through public networking. But like any tool, its used correctly and incorrectly. Many people choose the use of social media pages for the wrong reasons; this contributes to the lack of in person connections and untimely is bad for society. Social networking is a way to keep in touch with others and serves its purpose when it’s used right; however, due to its communication being non-verbal, it can be misleading.... [tags: Social network service, Twitter, Facebook]
706 words (2 pages)
- Twitter and Facebook are banned in China, because these social tools are deemed sensitive by China government. To be honest, Chinese people do not want Twitter and Facebook are banned in China, because, they want to know the world, furthermore, these social tools can bring other countries people truly know about China. Firstly, there are only four countries in the world cannot use Facebook: Cuba, Iran, North Korea and China. China has the largest population and the third large acreage country in the world, so why does China ban these social tools.... [tags: socila media, social network essays]
1201 words (3.4 pages)