The main characters in this article include Facebook, Inc., a social network website that provides registered users with an open forum to create profiles, send messages, upload photos and videos, and stay in touch with family, friends, and classmates. Facebook is teaming up with online music sharing services such as Spotify AB and Rdio Inc. Facebook’s competition includes online companies such as Google Inc. and Amazon.com Inc. that are already using “cloud” music services, along with future competition from Apple Inc’s iCloud. The article concludes with a nod to Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros. movie studio, that has recently kicked off a movie rental program on Facebook.
Facebook’s detailed announcement regarding this new venture is expected to be revealed at the September 22, 2011 f8 Developer conference. As such, the details on how music services would work through Facebook are somewhat vague. The article alludes to a powerful integration between Facebook and streaming online music services, that will permit users to connect and listen to their favorite tunes via their Facebook pages. Through Facebook buttons or links, users will identify music and videos they consume and make them available and accessible on their Facebook platform. Their Facebook friends will then be able to listen and share ...
... middle of paper ...
...ir in the social networking world.
Facebook has begun a large makeover plan that will include media offers on their web site. Their strategy of social network sharing fits well with this new integration media concept. Facebook’s goal to bring music and movies to their fan platform will entice their consumers to spend more time on their site. Sharing of music and videos will also connect artists to their fans. Lastly, music tastes and discoveries will now be influenced and recommended by usage and socialization, providing marketers with a new target venue.
Kotler, P., & Keller, K. L. (2009). A framework for marketing management: Integrated with PharmaSim (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
Smith, E., & Raice, S. (2011, September 1). Facebook adding music services. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved from http://online.wsj.com
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Over the past few years, social media has grown rapidly and gained the attention of individuals across the world. What exactly is social media. Basically, social media is a form of electronic communication that allows individuals to communicate with each other, create social profiles, and even share their perception on music and photos. Surprisingly, social media has caused some countries to produce boycotts and other types of rebellions. More than fifty percent of people learn about breaking news through social media.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Social media]
1551 words (4.4 pages)
- Instagram was founded in 2010 by Kevin Systrom. Kevin was born in 1983 in Holliston, Massachusetts. In 2006, he received a bachelor’s degree in management science and engineering from the University of Stanford. After graduating, he joined Google as “an associate product marketing manager. He spent two years at Google before leaving to join Nextstop. During his time at Nextstop, he made a prototype called Burbn and pitched it to Baseline Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz. They loved the idea, and as a result; he received $500,000 to build Burbn.... [tags: Facebook, Marketing, Social network service]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- In fleeing facebook essay, the writer focuses on demerits of facebook but neglect the merits of this social networking site. Today we lives in contemporary world and in this era, the young generation loves to make account on facebook .Due to the facebook, all world seems like global village. Moreover Carmen joy kings fails to provide valid information related to facebook. The recent study shows that the facebook has about one billion account and the billion of active account shows the interest of people in facebook and do not indicate the feeling of boredom as author says .... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, MySpace, Web 2.0]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Facebook is an online social networking service. Its website was created by Mark Zuckerberg, who was studying psychology, with his Harvard College roommates and fellow students, on February 4, 2004. Facebook was created as a way to communicate with their fellow students, but later expanded it to other colleges. It gradually added support for students at various other universities and later to high-school students. In 2006, Facebook was opened up to anyone with a registered e-mail (Phillips, 2007).... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, MySpace, Bebo]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Overview of the article Various operations management facts and theories are objectively presented throughout the article of “Supply and Demand Chain Management: The Effect of Adding Services to Product Offerings” by Oscar Bustinza, Glenn Parry and Ferran Vendrell-Herrero. These theories include supply chain management and competitive advantage, operations strategy and technology. The main purpose of the literature being reviewed is to address the research question of “How does changing the offering affect the supply and demand chain management?” (Bustinza, Parry.... [tags: goods, customers, technology]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- In 2004, a social networking service launched Facebook. Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with a few of his college friends. It allows its users to create their own profiles, add friends and/or family, create posts, and much more. The amount of users has skyrocketed through the past few years and continues to do so. Although, Facebook can be positive in so many ways, it also has its negative aspects. The average Facebook user spends forty minutes or more on Facebook each day. There are many individuals whose lives revolve around the use of social media and Facebook just so happens to become addicting to some.... [tags: Facebook, MySpace, Web 2.0]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Today’s society is centered around social media, not just for sharing photos, articles, funny videos you see online, but to keep in touch with those near and far with a push of a button. We come to a day and age where you can be anywhere on the planet and still be able to message your best friend who is sitting in their house thousands of miles away. I will admit that I love using social media because I can see what my friends are up to and keep up to date with today’s problems. Everyone from teenagers to the elderly use Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to show others what they may be up to or what they may have seen online.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, English-language films]
715 words (2 pages)
- People like to connect, communicate and share. It can be seen through the development of languages, the exchange of letters, the invention of the phone and today’s social media platforms such as Google +, Twitter and Facebook. Facebook being an important social media platform with 1.19 billion users worldwide (Facebook Key Facts 2013), since 2004 it has been attracting more and more users. It is of interest how Facebook is keeping it’s free service for its users, and despite its significant size still is growing its user base and revenue.... [tags: Facebook PEST Analysis]
3253 words (9.3 pages)
- Facebook vs Twitter Compare and contrast Ganga Dahal Eng. 1010, Fall 2015 Facebook and twitter are the two different biggest social networking site. Millions of people from all over the world use this both site daily. This both networking site are used to get connected with friends, family and to track their celebrities. People also used this both networking sites to get updated about what’s going on over the world. To open Facebook and Twitter, peoples have to get sign up with their full name and email address, and they have to create a user name along with password.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Twitter]
706 words (2 pages)
- The digital age has been developing faster than anyone would have imagined. The internet with the help of advanced technology has helped people maintain relationships from real life to online relationships. Facebook is but one example of this. Facebook has opened doors to maintaining relationships with family members who may live across the world, friends who are living across the country, and professional relationships. Although Facebook has given another way of creating and maintaining relationships, it does not always diminish the feelings of alienation or anomie that face-to-face relationships help with.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Sociology]
1267 words (3.6 pages)