Facebook: A friend or a foe?
As technology progress, humans evolve to the advanced technology and enhance our lives via technology. We connect to our families, friends and others through social media such as Facebook. Social media takes up a huge part in our lives. Social media infest us with information that is significant and insignificant to us. In the journalist Maria Konnikova’s article “How Facebook makes us unhappy?”, Konnikova divulges many aspects of people on social media through researching and experience, and finds how social makes us unhappy. She assumes that Facebook is playing a huge role in electronic communication.. I agree with Konnikova findings after reading her article. In addition, she concludes that if you are engaged, active, and creative you will not sorrowful on Social media. However, if you are passively browsing and refuse to engage, you will be depressed.
Facebook helps people to share their information to others through posting and photon on his or her Facebook wall. Dr. Marry Marrow syntheses her findings about Facebook and wrote, “Social media; staying connected.” She mentions that Facebook can bring happiness when you are actively connected to our beloveds. Additionally, Facebook gives opportunities to health care as mean to communicate and to instruct communities (Marrow para 3). Social media like Facebook can enhance the relationships between patients and organizations. Also she mentions that Facebook has revalulionzed e-communication and proving that Facebook is the first electronic communication (para 1). Marry discloses, “There is a certain beauty of staying connected with loved ones and friends, favorite sports teams and performers via social media” (para 2). In other words, she presumes t...
... middle of paper ...
..., and colleagues considering that fact that I care for them through examining their each post, commenting them and liking the posts. As I believe Facebook is platform of endless information, and when we share the information that intrigue us, the other users will see as it’s intriguing. In addition, Facebook can be used to save lives. For instance, sharing posts of person who needs money for a life-saving surgery, certain people will see that post and donate help. As Konnikova summarizes, the more you’re active and engage on Facebook the more cheerful you will be. On the contrary, the further you browse and passively active on Facebook, excessively disappointed you become. I agree to Konnikova’s summary in her article, considering that I actively engaging on Facebook and delighted with it. I also believe that Facebook can enhance and embrace relationships.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Facebook was causing problems for University IT departments long before it was ever called Facebook. In 2003, Zuckerberg created an Am I Hot or Not. application on his facemash.com site and was accused of “breaching security, violating copyrights and violating individual privacy” (Kaplan, 2003). So it isn’t surprising that Mitrano, the Director of IT Policy and Computer Policy & Law at Cornell seeks to warn the Cornell student body of possible consequences of irresponsible use of Facebook in the article Thoughts on Facebook.... [tags: Social Networking, Social Media]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- Composition III – Topics for Final Essay After much thought and deliberation, the topics for the final Composition III essay have been narrowed down to three. In doing so, preliminary research was conducted in order to ascertain whether enough information is available to develop a viable research paper. All three subjects do in fact have sufficient information available and now the only remaining decision is final selection of a topic. The three topics chosen are, 1) Facebook – Friend or Foe; 2) The Debate: Online Degree vs.... [tags: Facebook: Friend or Foe, Outsourcing]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- Friend or Foe The friends a person has can help mold that person into who they are today. This is why picking friends and keeping friends can sometimes be a difficult task. Some friends could be wonderful, life-long friends and some friends could be wolves in sheep’s clothing. Whether the friends I have picked over the years have impacted my life in a good way or a bad way, they have still shaped me into the person I am today. One thing about me is that I try to not let what others think of me affect how I see myself at least if it’s negative.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
- Social Media, Friend or Foe. As human beings we are like pies and we have needs that must be met to be wholesome and delicious but with social media we are like the decadent pie you see that looks good from far but in reality it is far from good because once someone has tasted a slice of the pie, they quickly realize it’s ingredients have spoiled beyond belief. Social media corrupts our mind, our health and our skills of interaction and relationship building. Our capacity for empathy is stunted and our need for human connection is diminishing by the fallacy that social media is “social” when in reality it only keeps us trapped and blinded to the fact that real human connection can only be m... [tags: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Psychology]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Obesity: Friend or Foe. Childhood obesity is a problem. It is a problem because children have a higher risk of suffering from different kinds of health issues, and the obesity can also have a psychological impact in their life. Childhood obesity can also have an economical impact on their life and those around them. The epidemic of childhood obesity can be solved. First, parents should be educated on the health risks of childhood obesity. The issue of childhood obesity is so tremendous due to the parents lack of knowledge about this problem.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health care, Health]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Metafiction and JM Coetzee's Foe Is writing not a fine thing, Friday. Are you not filled with joy to know that you will live forever, after a manner. (Susan Barton, Foe, 58) Of the many literary conventions used to describe JM Coetzee's Foe, one of the more commonly written about is metafiction. Since about 1970, the term metafiction has been used widely to discuss works of post-modern fiction and has been the source of heated debate on whether its employ marks the death or the rebirth of the novel.... [tags: Foe]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- Wicca in the Military: Friend or Foe. Does the word “Wicca” offend you. If you are like most people in the United States, then it does. Why does such a small word invoke such feelings of fear, hatred, and loathing. Ignorance is the reason. Many people do not know what Wicca is nor do they know about the people who follow it. Since there is such a negative connotation of Wicca in everyday society, would it be safe to say that Wiccans in the military are judged just as harshly. Is a Wiccan not as worthy of religious provisions as say, a Christian.... [tags: Religion Religious Wicca]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- Scientific Advance: Friend or Foe. Scientists and non-scientists see the advances of technology in different ways. Scientists, like J. Michael Bishop, look at the possibilities technology offers while non-scientists, like Jeremy Rifkin and Mary Shelley, look at the potential chaos that could be caused by it. J. Michael Bishop is a professor of microbiology at the University of California, San Francisco. He is also winner of the Nobel Prize. He wrote, "Enemies of Promise" because he wanted to dispel the misconceptions that many people have about science, since he feels that these could have serious consequences for all Americans.... [tags: Science Technology Essays]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- Science: Friend or Foe. Science, a field of study featuring a relentless stream of change and advancements, is widely viewed as both the scourge and savior of the modern world. It is true that science offers solutions to many problems, suggesting greater convenience, technological improvement, and longer, healthier lives. Still, science is far from perfect, a point that many critics are eager to vocalize. Science has been blamed for invoking fear, reaching inadequate results, and supporting the most immoral of studies.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Scientific Essays]
2048 words (5.9 pages)
- Technology: Friend or Foe. There are many differing opinions on the advancement of technology but there are really two main sides to the issue. One side is enthusiastic and ready for new progress and change, while the other side can see the value of technology but is more cautious and wary of the changes technology brings to society as a whole. These sides are simplified but useful for looking at the extreme ends of the issues in order to see the balance between the two. What is technology and why the fuss.... [tags: Argumentative Technology Essays Papers]
2237 words (6.4 pages)