1. Game Summary 4
1.1. Genre 4
1.2. Visual Style 4
1.3. High Concept 5
2. Gameplay 6
2.1. Features 6
2.2. Artificial Intelligence 6
2.3. Scope 7
3. Story, Setting, and Characters 9
3.1. Story 9
3.2. Environment 11
3.3. Characters 12
4. Game Related Details (Combat, Items, etc.) 15
4.1. Combat 15
4.2. Powerups 16
4.3. Items 17
4.4. Game Mechanics & Balance 17
4.5. Inner Mechanism 18
6. Controls 19
7. Interface 20
8. Assets 21
8.1. Models 21
8.2. Animations 21
8.3. Music 21
8.4. Sound Effects 21
1. Game Summary
Fable 2 is set 500 years after the first game in a colonial era where guns remain primitive and castles and cities have developed rather than towns. The protagonist, a young child in the beginning of the game, is part a heroic bloodline and is referred to as 'Sparrow'. Sparrow's sister is killed in the beginning, and Sparrow is almost as well, by a man named Lord Lucien. However, he/she survives and is taken in by a blind woman named Theresa. Jumping forward in time, she reveals that Sparrow must save the world from Lucien evil plans. Sparrow must find three other heroes in order to end Lucien's reign, furthering skills and relationships as he/she progresses and making choices that lead to the player being either good or evil.
There are several similar games to the Fable franchise, two of which include Overlord and Oblivion. Overlord's decision making option of being evil, or extremely evil ties in with Fable's good versus evil decisions. The outcome of the game is in the players hands completely.
Fable 2 is an action role-playing game with an open world. Similar games would include, as previously mentioned, Oblivion, as well as the other Elder Scrol...
... middle of paper ...
...nd run fairly smoothly. Some areas are a bit blocky, mainly with in the caves and around mountains, but mostly it is smooth.
The music provides the separation between areas, and also warns of impending danger. The music works well with the scenes and changes appropriately.
8.4. Sound Effects
Every action has a sound effect. Eating, digging, finding coins, shooting, the detail to the sound effects are very noticeable and enhances gameplay immensely.
Goldstein, Hilary. GDC 2008: Fable 2 Co-Op Preview. IGN Entertainment, Inc. 20 Febr 2008. Web. 15 April 2014.
Lionhead Community. Lionhead Community - Fable II Feature List. Microsoft Corporation. 2008. Web. 15 April 2014.
Lionhead Studios. Fable II. Microsoft Game Studios. 2008. Xbox 360.
Xbox. Fable 2 - Game Detail Page. Microsoft Corporation. 2008. Web. 15 April 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ever experienced a video game with stunning in-game graphics that some games give only in their major event cut scenes. Ever played a game with an excellent mixture of strategy and fast-paced motion. Well if that game is Final Fantasy 13, a single player game developed by Square Enix, you have played a game that Gaming Age calls “one of the most gorgeous games to grace a video game console”. Playing this game was one of the greatest moments of my life. This game has actually influenced me to go full force in wanting to make video games for a living.... [tags: Video Game]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Approximately 90% of American kids ages 8 to 16 play video games for about 13 hours a week (Harding). There are many different kinds of video games but the particular genre that is becoming more and more popular among kids is violent video games. Games like “Grand Theft Auto”, “Call of Duty”, “Hitman” and “Mortal Kombat”. Each year these games become more realistic and more violent, leading some people to believe that there is actually a link between video game violence and real life violence. For decades research has been done on this topic to see if violence in video games can cause more aggressive behaviors in players, especially younger players.... [tags: Video Game Violence]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- “Breaking news tonight at 11, three students dead, several wounded after manic depressed teen lashes out with a handgun…” Americans serve witness in recent decades to this scary yet familiar occurrence. The cause of this familiar scene is minors suffering from social disorders and aggression. The major focus of blame is the entertainment industry including television, movies, books, and recently video games. The state of California decided to address the concern of video game violence by passing a law banning minors from purchasing games that are considered “violent”.... [tags: Video Game Violence]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- We all remember playing our very first video game. Mine was “Super Mario” on the NES console. We were intrigued to see characters move from one side of the screen to the next, from one world to another. It seemed to me like it was an art, with different designed backgrounds, colors and animations. However, not all of us notice when it is time to stop playing them. This is still a problem to this day; children do not know when to stop playing video games. The problem this causes us is the behavior towards the people close to us, like an illness that eats us from the inside, we just push them aside.... [tags: Video Game Industry, Addiction]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- Rivalry in Video Game Industry Introduction The video games industry faces an entirely new rivalry situation. After 11 years of leadership, Sony has nearly lost its strong positions on the market, which gives the other two players – Microsoft and Nintendo - the chance to compete for the leadership. While the goal of Nintendo is to stay in the industry, Sony and Microsoft aim to strengthen their positions on the home entertainment market, which is constantly growing. The key factors, the companies need to consider in order to gain a competitive advantage, are good marketing and well developed distribution, as well as providing a huge range of games with recognizable characters.... [tags: Video Game Gaming]
1662 words (4.7 pages)
- Have you ever wondered what was the start of the PS3 in your basement. What was Atari and how did it impact the game world. How did Nintendo come into the business from card making to video games. By what means did Xbox leave the box??. Come, and I will show you…………. In the beginning…….. The first real “video game” was developed in 1958, by a physicist named William Higginbotham. It was a table tennis game and is played on an oscilloscope, a device used for visual displays. While some big name games, companies, and events had, yet, to happen, it sparked the video game industry.... [tags: video game, atari, nintendo, playstation]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- A Stronger Video Game Content Rating System is a Must Many of today's youth are easily influenced by their environment. Their environment can include their family, friends, school, and even media (television, music, video games). With technology rapidly advancing, video games are having an even greater impact on youth. In the last few years, there has been a steady increase in the amount of violence contained in all media, especially video games. According to Alison Motluk, "more than 90 per cent of American children play video games every day, and half of the top sellers contain extreme violence" (10).... [tags: Video Game Violence Argumentative]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- Video game addiction has always been the main topic of controversies recently due to its impact on the young generation. In spite of the fact that it helps us to enjoy ourselves during recess and economically contributes to several countries’ income, its negative affects towards children and teenagers and so on, need our consideration. Merely in 2001, people in the US spent roughly 9.8 billions dollars on video game and this number increasingly enlarges in time. Besides, people who overplay those video games commonly have to confront a high chance of getting either mental or physical diseases or even both.... [tags: Video Games]
712 words (2 pages)
- Do you play video games. Or maybe your friend, your sibling, your child plays video games. From the earliest games, Pong and Pac-Man, to the most recent games, Star Craft II and Halo Reach, it has been about 40 years. Evolving with our technology, video games originally played on big arcade machines have moved to small consoles we see today, making it available to all those that can afford it. With the wide variety of old and new video games, it has become one of the most popular entertainment in the world, especially with the recent rise of social gaming made available by social website like “Facebook”, allowing video games to reach a much more broad audience from the very young to the very... [tags: Video Games]
1827 words (5.2 pages)
- Usually when a child or a teenager commits a crime, it is never their fault. When a child or a teenager commits a crime, the responsibility never belongs to the parents either. Instead, when a teenager or a child commits a crime, the first thing that the prosecutors or the media wants to place the blame on is video games, the television program that the child had been watching, or the blame is placed on the type of music that the child or teen had been previously listening to. This is what concerns me.... [tags: Video Game Violence Essays]
2937 words (8.4 pages)