There are three different methods of flexibility training which are: static, ballistic and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) stretching. However I am going to focus on one particular method which is static stretching as it is the most effective and safest way of training on your flexibility. The increase in blood flow to muscles helps in the achievement of flexibility gains from stretches and should be done after warm up exercises. Static stretches are executed by slowly moving the joint to its end range of movement and a gentle pull should be felt in the muscle that is targeted. It is recommended that the stretch should be held for 15-20 seconds and should not be stretched to the point where you would feel uncomfortable. To get maximum results out of the regime, one should do 3 to 5 sets of each stretch preferably switching between antagonist and agonists and alternating sides.
Competitive sports can usually have unequal effects on the body. Let’s take football as an example where the athlete normally kicks with his/her stronger foot repeatedly thus ...
... middle of paper ...
...ce can be trained in many ways but the most common is continuous training. Continuous training relates to a person training for a long period of time using only 60-80% of their energy. This is a great way for a person to build up their cardiovascular endurance. One should by minimum perform at least 3 sessions a week of continuous training to see some results in their endurance. Continuous training can be performed within various ways some of which include: power walking, jogging, skipping, boxing, dancing and rowing so there isn’t really an excuse for not performing or following a continuous training regime.
Following a continuous training regime offers great benefits. The heart is the most important muscle in our body and so we must strive and do our very best to keep it healthy in orders to avoid various health related problems such as diabetes and cholesterol.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A fitness boot camp is a kind of physical training program, which is conducted by personal trainers, gyms and other military personals. These programs have continued to increase in the past few years. Boot camp training will often combine interval training, running and many other exercises, like using weights for losing body fat, increasing cardiovascular efficiency and increasing strength. Many programs offered in boot camp are for nutrition advice as well. The term ‘boot camp’ is used because it will train people, mostly outdoors and this may not be always similar to military training.... [tags: Fitness]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- Coaches and various methods of coaching have been around for a very long time. These coaching theories have evolved and develop throughout the years with the aspects of mentoring, motivating, teaching, shaping and instructing people to learn tasks as easily as identifying shapes and sounds as a child all the way to teaching someone how to drive a car. Teachers instructing students the proper mathematical theories or how to conduct a science experiments have all been associated with traditional direct instruction methods.... [tags: Learning, Educational psychology, Skill, Coaching]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Crossfit: Forging Elite Fitness Elite athletes to grandmothers can use the Crossfit method of fitness to achieve their fitness goals. It is the best and most well rounded fitness program there is in achieving general fitness. Whatever your fitness level and goals, Crossfit has something to offer everyone. Since its inception it has grown in popularity and has helped many reach maximum levels of fitness. This is why Crossfit is the best fitness program there is. Body: The Crossfit Fitness Organization was founded in 1996 by Coach Greg Glassman.... [tags: Fitness, Entrepreneurship]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Birth control has become a controversial issue today in our society. The types of birth control that can be used vary, while the side effects may not be explained to women who use them. The types that can be used include emergency contraceptives, pills, rings, patches, and shots. Emergency contraceptives (ECPs), or plan B, are “hormones in the pill that act as an anabortifacient by thinning the lining of the uterus and preventing the newly-conceived child from implanting” (Warber 15). ECPs delay ovulation, therefore preventing any chance of pregnancy.... [tags: Contraceptives, Birth Control Essays]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
- Cure panic attacks and stop living in fear. Since this disorder can occur without warning, it can take a toll on those afflicted, preventing them from living a healthy, productive lifestyle. Common symptoms include feeling weak, faint, or dizzy; tingling or numbness in the hands; sweating or chills; chest pains including "racing" heart and difficulty in breathing; and a sense of losing control. Anti-anxiety medicines like Xanax, Klonopin, and Ativan are some of the medications prescribed at the onset of the treatment for panic attacks.... [tags: Various]
1918 words (5.5 pages)
- Ultrasonic sound- The PING))) ultrasonic sensors operate using ultrasonic sound. The sensor emits an ultrasonic chip, which is reflected off of and object. The sensor times how long it takes for the sensor to emit the chirp, and have it received off the object as an echo. Using the equation of the speed of sound in air, the sensor monitors distance. The sensor operates using a 40kHz chirp. This frequency falls in the sound range commonly used by animals for communication. Frequencies that are much higher, for example 1-20 mHz are used more commonly for medical imaging.... [tags: Various]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Fitness education is, “A physical education teaching approach that focuses on knowledge and understanding of physical fitness and wellness” (Strand, Scantling and Johnson 360). As a student studying to be a physical education teacher I am greatly concerned that children are not getting enough exercise and making poor choices regarding nutrients. Physical fitness is broken down into five fitness components: body composition, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular endurance and muscular strength.... [tags: Fitness Education Essays]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- In Psychological Research various methods are used to acquire information to prove a specific hypothesis or forecast. One of these methods which necessitates special care and consideration is a case study approach. This particular approach to research allows for the researcher to use skilled procedures to extensively examine a single unit or anomaly. History displays, this strategy as a nonexperimental qualitative approach but in research today, a mixed method of qualitative and quantitative is used.... [tags: Scientific method, Qualitative research]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Physical fitness is defined as being physically fit and healthy. The question that many physical educators are faced with today is; how do to get across the importance of these two factors. This is not always an easy thing to accomplish. When taking a look at the three major levels of school students go through (elementary, secondary and high school) the educator faces some sort of difficulty in teaching the five parts of fitness. This paper will give information concerning these factors and also a few ideas on how to teach these topics to students at various age groups.... [tags: Fitness Education Essays]
1762 words (5 pages)
- Exploring Methods of Advertisers Techniques An advertiser needs to be very aware of the type of person that they are aiming to sell their product to. They also need to consider what is likely to motivate that person to buy their product. This is so that they can create the right image for their product and can persuade people to buy it. Advertisers have to create a strong image for their product; this means that they will link it in a customer's mind with the type of person that they think they are or, more to the point, that they would like to be.... [tags: Papers]
1290 words (3.7 pages)