Mechanical engineering is a wide subject with many definitions and qualities about them. A mechanical engineer uses the principles of energy, materials, and mechanics to design and manufacture machines or devices (“Mechanical Engineering Overview”). Another definition that furthers the idea of a mechanical engineer is they research, design, develop, manufacture, test tools and engines (“Mechanical Engineering Overview”). They not only design the tool or devices for customers, but they may also design them for other engineers to help do their job (“Mechanical Engineer Job Description,”). A mechanical engineer is also involved in the mechanisms and methods by which energy is used for practical purposes (Mechanical Engineer Job). A mechanical engineer must have a variety of qualities that are associated with them, as their job varies on daily or weekly basis. One quality a mechanical engineer must have is being strong in math and science, as most of their work deals with thi...
... middle of paper ...
... 2011. Web. 20 Oct. 2014.
“Mechanical Engineering Schools, Degrees and Careers.” All Engineering Schools. N.p., 2011. Web. 20 Oct. 2014.
Mechanical Engineer Job. N.p., Oct. 2011. Web. 20 Oct. 2014.
“Mechanical Engineer Job Description, Career as a Mechanical Engineer, Salary, Employment – Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job.” Net Industries. N.p., 2011. Web. 20 Oct. 2014.
“Occupational Employment and Wages.” Bureau of Labor Statistics. N.p., 17 May 2013. Web. 20 Oct 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Someday in life everyone has to get a job either related to their career or to make their living. Most of the people who get job is related to one’s career. One of the booming career these days in engineering, and among them aerospace engineering is one of the highly paid career and really interesting to work in. In the career of aerospace engineering, engineers usually have to work really hard. In this field, one mostly work on building or designing aircrafts based on the requirement. To be a successful aerospace engineer one needs to gain a lot of education and should be able to work in any environment.... [tags: Aerospace Engineer, Career]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Career as a Chemical Engineer If you were to never look up the definition of chemical engineering you would still have a slightly basic idea of what they deal with: chemistry and engineering. This is one of the main reasons why I want a career in chemical engineering. I have been fascinated with studying in a field of science for as long as I can remember. At first I only planned on majoring in chemistry, but as I grew older and learned more about math and science I decided that chemical engineering is what I actually want to major in and work with until I retire.... [tags: Chemical engineering, Professional Engineer]
1596 words (4.6 pages)
- My chosen career is Software Engineer. Software Engineers create moderately complex software in C, C++, C#, Java, assembly language, or other selected languages for Garmin products and/or applications consistently following Garmin’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes. These software execute design for small sets of new functionality for a project. A typical workday for a software engineer is usually improving on projects you’ve been working on and try to make them better and easier for people to us.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Software engineer]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- In four months I will be done with high school, and the time has come for me to go to college and learn a career. The career that I plan on choosing is a mechanical engineer. A mechanical engineer is a very broad career path with many jobs available. “These jobs can range from someone designing parts for space shuttles, buildings, computers, cars, and various other important mechanical parts that are necessary for today’s society” (bls.gov) . The part of mechanical engineering that I want to go into is the design of automotive engines.... [tags: career, college]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Generally, most of us spend a significant amount of time of our lives in the workplace, and therefore it is important to fully understand the roles and responsibilities of possible dream jobs before choosing and initiating our careers. Then, whereas I plan to pursue my career goals as a Music Agent, it is mandatory to comprehend what constitutes the work of being an agent and what it will be expected from me in this profession. Spite of professions in the music industry arena be considered very exciting, it can also be extremely competitive.... [tags: Career Research, Career Plan]
2309 words (6.6 pages)
- Being a Software Engineer is more than just programming. It’s a chance to help other people through the power of technology. Having this as a job gives engineers the power to influence other peoples life through programs that could help them with day to day tasks. Software Engineering is an expanding occupation, which means that more and more jobs are opening up for this position everyday. Also, one of the perks of this job is how much money you make. Software Engineering is a good job because, the market is expanding for it, it pays well, and this job can help other people.... [tags: Software Engineering]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Career Research With hundreds, maybe even thousands of careers that I could choose from, only a few of them seemed like something I would actually work as. But finally, after limiting my choices, I obtained three careers, that I would be more than delighted to research about. My first one would have to be the electrical engineer. The way they work always intrigued me, with their fancy electronics, and the sounds of the things they invented, it’s no surprise my attentions been on it for a while now.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering, Robotics]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Having a career is one of the most important things in life because; it’s how money is made and a main source of income. Imagine having to wake up every morning of everyday and then having to go to a job that you dread. Having a career allows a person to make money doing what makes them happy, unlike a dead end job that you work 9-5 doing work that’s hated. Finding a career isn’t always as easy as it sounds. While in high school or even coming out of high school, many students are undecided on what field they want to go into.... [tags: careers, jobs]
1828 words (5.2 pages)
- Before the iPhone became popular, because of the powerful and user-friendly software that is on the iPhone, Steve Jobs declared that “[The] iPhone is a revolutionary and magical product that is literally five years ahead of any other mobile phone” (Steve Jobs). Part of the reason why the iPhone is so revolutionary is because of the software in it. The hardware on the iPhone was slightly more advanced compared to the hardware on other phones but the software on the iPhone was many generations ahead of other smartphones that existed at that time.... [tags: iPhone, User Friendly Software, Steve Jobs]
1863 words (5.3 pages)
- The Career of Engineering Take a look around yourself. What do you see. Maybe books, chairs, a television, or even your clothes. All the day to day things that are man-made, you can be sure that an engineer helped make it. Engineers have shaped our world as we know it. There are many different kinds of engineers from chemical, mechanical, textile, civil, agricultural and structural engineers. Our civilization would be as advanced as the Stone Age without these people. This career demands a wide education of math and science.... [tags: Descriptive Careers Engineer Essays]
1653 words (4.7 pages)