Proper hydration, or lack of it, is another important factor in experienced hiking. Symptoms of dehydration that one should be wary of whilst out on the trails or backpacking includes a dry mouth, dizziness or lightheadedness, and a headache. The amount of water needed per person varies from individual to individual, but from personal experience, carrying a 2 liter bladder of water for a 3-4 hour morning hike is acceptable. Time of day is also an important factor in water consumption as well. Out in Arizona heat, it would be optimal to consume more water in midday or early afternoon than it would be in early morning or late afternoon, where temperatures are much cooler. If I were to exercise for 60 minutes, based off of my body weight (130lbs) and environmental conditions (hot and dry), it would be wise for me to consume about three liters of...
... middle of paper ...
...ty foods along the trail must also be consumed. Two to three liters of water on any hike is an absolute necessity, as are electrolyte drinks. Proper gear, such as time and terrain conditional clothing, hats, sunglasses, water packs, and proper footwear are required to do anything in Arizona’s trails. Planning everything down to the route you will take up a mountain, to how you will get to that route, and how long you spend on that route are vital. From experience comes preparedness, and from preparedness comes experience.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tips, Advice, and Encouragement to Future Composition I Students To future students, taking this Composition I course, I want to give you some tips, advice, and encouragement that will, hopefully, help you on the beginning of your journey. These are tools, I have gathered and learned in my own process, of this course. I will discuss in this essay about, some methods and tips I used for my writing, what to look for and how to make an argumentative paper valid, and then give you encouraging words that will motivate you to not give up.... [tags: Writing, Family, Source, Credibility]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- One wonderful ability that people have always been able to do is walk thousands of miles through tough terrain to get where they want/need to go. The exercise known as hiking was practiced all over the world, including the famous Appalachian Trail, approximately 2,184 miles long. The A.T. was “Conceived in 1921, built by private citizens, and completed in 1937, today the trail is managed by the National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service, Appalachian Trail Conservancy, numerous state agencies and thousands of volunteers”, as stated on the National Park Services website.... [tags: exercise known as hiking]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Hikers will sometimes get lost on a trail past sunset, which means bringing a flashlight is essential to finding your way to the trailhead. We take light for granted because we are used to lights assisting on dark streets, roads, and highway. Yet, when you are deep in a forest and its nightfall, the only gentle light source you may have is a full moon. However full moons are not seen every night. It is important to see the smaller details of your trail, your map or to see what's lurking in the bushes.... [tags: hikers, hiking, first aid kit, gorp]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience’s first album, Are You Experienced, is undeniably one of the most influential albums of all time. For a debut record, it achieved many milestones and influenced many artists, fans, and consumers alike. Are You Experienced changed music in many ways, including the way it was artistically presented and how the band used technology at that time. The record is extremely creative. Most agree that the record is timeless and will never grow old. Are You Experienced is truly the definition of an evergreen album.... [tags: Are You Experienced Album]
3021 words (8.6 pages)
- The venture to be the owner of an accounting and tax service provider is not a small task, and you have realized the challenges that many experience in starting their own business. Fortunately, you have taken steps early within the life of your new business in an attempt to correct any problems and learn from past mistakes in order to be successful in the future. In our previous communications you mention that you started your own business because you wanted to work in your own community, have the flexibility of owning your own business, while also being able to make a good living, and these are all worthy motivators for a fledgling business owner.... [tags: Tips for Starting Your Own Company]
3528 words (10.1 pages)
- Generally speaking, bathrooms of all styles and sizes need good organization and great lighting. Good organization requires plenty of storage and shelving that is not only functional but also attractive. Great lighting in a bathroom is needed in order to brighten up the space and to keep it from feeling like a drab utilitarian room that one really doesn't want to be in. By using a few tips for bathroom decoration, you can improve the organization and lighting of any bathroom to transform it from a drab, ordinary room into a luxurious and magnificent space that increases your home's overall value.... [tags: Organization, Lighting, Medicine Cabinet]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- 5 Tips for a Gamified Candidate Experience Did you know that 88% of job seekers are more likely to become loyal customers of your company, and even refer their friends, if you give them a positive candidate experience irrespective of whether they got hired. The benefits of providing a great experience to people applying for jobs have been demystified with many companies now reporting a strong impact on their bottom line. Unfortunately, it’s not as straightforward as one had hoped. Even though it can be hard to make the business case for investing in the enhancement of the candidate experience, there are several immediate benefits to be gained, with some of them to be achieved fairly easily.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Résumé, Want]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- ... I keep telling myself that I will buy new ones when my feet end up damp and cold after one of our hikes. Moving swiftly, I squeezed Baloo's feet into his canary yellow and black colored snow shoes and scoured the Velcro at the top to insure a snug fit. Opening the door led him to leap from his seat and instantly go into a barrel roll, scooting and contorting his body in a way that reminded me of a feline playing with a cat nip toy. Icy flakes of snow now covered each of the short gray hairs across his body.... [tags: landscape, beauty and fun]
714 words (2 pages)
- Good Advice When we first started to talk about good advice, I didn't fully understand what makes good advice, well, good. "Advice is advice." I said to myself, walking home from class trying to think of where to start. As the subject grew in class, everybody started to get deeper into the subject until we all had a well-based understanding on what good advice is. Everyone had a little different perspective than everybody else, which made the subject very interesting. I realized that there are many requirements for good advice.... [tags: Advice Philosophical Papers]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- Hiking safety is a subject matter that I am interested in learning more about. My family and I love to hike and be out in God’s creation, taking pleasure in all of His great wonders. However, along with all the breath taking scenery, wonderful flowers, trees and animals that we get to see, there are also dangers to hiking in the wilderness. One of those dangers is stumbling upon a wild animal, such as a bear, moose, or even a snake. We could also possibly fall and twist or even break an ankle or leg.... [tags: Online Resources]
971 words (2.8 pages)