Most people tend to dismiss the thought of a bipedal creature roaming the forests of North America because the thought of a six to nine foot tall ape seems childish. In all reality though there is a species of ape that once roamed the forests of China. This ape towered about nine feet tall scientist estimate. The name of this ape is Gigantopithecus. Now the thought of an extinct ape running around North America might sound stupid but who says that there is not a North American version of this ape that has survived. This is a very possible explanation to what Bigfoot is. You may be asking yourself,” if that is true why has one never been seen or caught or even a body found?” Well the answer to that is simple
The majority of creditable Bigfoot sightings are mainly linked to the Pacific North West. The reason why no one has captured any of these creatures or found any bodies ...
... middle of paper ...
...ere is not a physical creature in captivity there is more than enough evidence to prove that there is something out there and it is not a myth.
Alaska Forest Facts. www.akforest.org/fact.htm. Oregon Board of Forestry. 1995. Web. November 6 2014.
Geographic Database of Bigfoot/Sasquatch Sightings & Reports. www.BFRO.net. BFRO.net. 2013. Web. November 14, 2013.
Moose. www.wildernessclassroom.com. Boreal Forest Library. 2002. Web. November 8 2013.
Native American Bigfoot Figures of Myth and Legend. www.Native –Languages.org. Native Languages of Americas. 2012. Web. November 10 2013.
Oregon State Forests. www.oregon.gov. Oregon Forest Resource Institute. 1997. Web. November 6 2013.
Roosevelt, Theodore. The Wilderness Hunter. Bibliolife. 2010. Print.
Washington’s Forests. www.WFPA.org. Washington Forest Protection Association. 2012.Web. November 6 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Boris Porshnev, a Soviet scientist, suggested that Sasquatch is the continuous existence of Neanderthal men (“Encyclopedia Britannica”). Although the specifics of Bigfoot may be vague, almost every culture has had its own stories regarding the human-like creatures that roam the world. Throughout the years of Sasquatch sightings all of them vaguely gave a similar description of what we think we know what the animal looks like today. Sasquatch has very long arms with an ape like face and a flat noise.... [tags: sasquatch, sightings, hoax]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Bigfoot is not a Myth Bigfoot also known popularly as the Sasquatch, Momo, Skunk Ape, the list goes on and on, is without a doubt, the most famous of all hairy man-like creatures. The following will make you a believer in this overseen creature, it made me one. Bigfoot is seen in every possible location throughout the North American Continent, mountains, swamps, forests, crossing desolate and some not so desolate roadways and on open farmland. While its demeanor varies from docile to curios to almost threatening, its general appearance varies.... [tags: Papers]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- Bigfoot is, without a doubt, the most recognized mystery in all of North America. The apelike being has reportedly been sighted thousands of times since the beginning of the 19th century. According to eyewitness testimonies, Bigfoot, also known as Sasqautch, is a gigantic beast that towers in at eight feet tall and weighs as much as six hundred pounds. Reports also say that the monster’s form is well built and usually covered in a thick, brownish fur. Many have asked if such a creature could possibly be roaming through the wilderness of North America and around the world, and the answer is yes.... [tags: essays research papers]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Cryptid Animals Maybe, one time you were camping in the woods. You saw something, lurking in the woods. You saw something unlike anything you’ve ever seen before in your life. You think it looked like the legendary Bigfoot. You know, the one you watched those Animal Planet shows on. You didn’t really believe what those guys were saying. You thought those guys were just talking crazy for thinking it was real. Maybe one time, you were on the lake. You saw something that looked like a log, swimming across the lake.... [tags: Bigfoot, chupacabras]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Question at Issue: Is Bigfoot simply a legend, or is it just an elusive freak of nature. Assertion: The existence of Sasquatch is highly possible Assumption: Because of the dense forests which are located in the Northwest region of the United States. Enthymeme: The existence of Sasquatch is plausible because of the dense forests which are located in the Northwestern region of the United States. Sasquatch: Fact or Fiction. Sasquatch is an unexplainable phenomenon that allegedly lives in the northwestern region of the United States.... [tags: bigfoot, dense forests, myth]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- Cryptids A Cryptid is a creature or even a plant that’s existence has been suggested but has not been discovered or documented by the scientific community (Wikipedia.com). Cryptids are known to be part of legends, old wise tales, and mythology. Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience that involves the search for animals whose existence has not yet been proven. This kind of search includes searching for animals that are said to already be extinct. Cryptids was term made by John Wall in 1983 who sent a letter to the International Society of Cryptozoology.... [tags: bigfoot, mysterious creature, anomalies]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- The existence of God has been an ongoing question that almost everyone has been searching for an answer.Back in the day when the idea of God was the centre of everyones conversation , Philosophers/Scientist began to argue of God’s existence and what God was like.With little knowledge and evidence to study whether God was real or not people came to realize that after years and years there was just not enough to justify either side which is why one should keep an open mind on topics like this.Our minds are still developing and there are such complex things out there that one day we hope to find a definite answer for.There is going to be objections that discuss on why other philosophers don '... [tags: Existence, God, Theology, Logic]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- All throughout our history, we humans have constantly evolved and developed to an extent where we can give an account to the world we live in. From Epicurus to Thomas Aquinas, from Aristotle -who taught one of the greatest kings namely Alexander the Great- to Sartre and Camus were all for the search of why we are on this planet. What drives us to live or perhaps to die, even if it is by one’s own hand. When arguing about the meaning of life, one has to take into account that every doctrine, thesis, antithesis, thought and emotion can only be explained and defined through the human perspective.... [tags: Human Existence]
1904 words (5.4 pages)
- God’s existence plays a major role in Descartes’ arguments in the Meditations, especially the Third and Fifth Mediations. Throughout this essay I will explore Descartes’ arguments on God’s existence and argue that he is not entitled to use God’s existence in this way due to the fact that his argument is circular and that he felt pressured to prove God’s existence due to personal belief and necessity. Had Descartes not proven the existence of God, he would not have be able to prove that anything else is true in life besides his own existence.... [tags: Ontology, Existence, Existence of God, Theology]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Bigfoot For over a 150 years man has been troubled by one great mystery, a mystery that has baffled all who have witnessed it and all who have tried to solve it. This mystery is commonly known as Bigfoot, a tall hairy man/ape who lurks in the woods in almost every country on this planet. Some say it is just an ape, some believe it is a man in costume, and others are true believers of this hairy phenomenon. For more than a decade and a half this creature of myth has caused enormous contradictions in the field of science, bringing about one question.... [tags: essays research papers]
1043 words (3 pages)