In his article, Scott claims that it is not a minority society or a group that has spread the rumor that exercise is beneficial for human health but some of our most respected celebrities (Suzanne Sommers, Jack LaLane etc.) are part of this hoax. He insists that we have apparently lost our ability to reason because we believe that exercise has health benefits. Firstly, believing that exercise has health benefits is actually good; therefore, it is not us but the author who has lost his ability to reason. Secondly, to support his cl...
... middle of paper ...
...oxygen supply to the brain which provides it the energy to think and thus contributes to better concentration and memory. The article also illustrates a study done in German which found that older people enjoying mild exercises were half as likely to suffer from cognitive impairment as they age and scored better on attention and memory tests. Also, children walking to school concentrated better and got better test result than those given lifts in the car.
To conclude, Roeben wrongfully disapproved the claim that exercise is a good and positive thing. He should have based his research on the reliable and trustworthy websites instead of trusting websites such as http://www.guy-sports.com/humor/sports/sports_quotes.htm before arriving at the facts he stated in his article. Exercise is a good and positive thing and making a habit of exercising daily is very beneficial.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Exercise is important for many reasons. If you do not exercise your body you will eventually loose it. Your body will become weak and you will loose muscle tone. Your organs won't function properly. Doing a few simple exercises each day will not only keep you fit but will also tone your body. Exercising for at least 30 minutes a day will improve your overall health. Not only does exercise help your body, it helps cleanse your mind. The good news is that you do not have to spend money to join a gym.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- GOOD—Health and Well-being: how do you maintain yours. It is scientifically proven that exercising every day gives a list of benefits—mind blowing ones too. Just a few of them are: it reduces stress, boost brainpower, change body image and makes you feel stronger. Whatever your goal is, whether you want to gain more muscle, get-toned, or to lose weight or just be healthy, exercising is your new best friend. If you 're a college student like me, you might want to consider initiating a habit of exercising every day: it really is helpful.... [tags: Exercise, Strength training, Physical exercise]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Health and Lifestyle implications: Exercise People with CAD have to take care of their health and lifestyle if they plan to reduce or eliminate CAD. Talk to a doctor to see if you are at your ideal weight or to see if you are at risk before starting a new exercise lifestyle. Always obtain approval from your to begin active exercise routines. If you are overweight or obese, losing weight and exercising can help your heart stay healthy and reduce risks for heart disease. Exercise makes your heart stronger which helps it pump more blood with each heartbeat.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Physical exercise]
1046 words (3 pages)
- The Importance of Exercise It is extremely crucial of our body to get exercise. Exercise helps people lose weight and maintain a fit body. It also helps reduce stress. When we are relieved of that stress, that can help us in many other ways as well such as getting the right amount of sleep, our mood, stamina, and not stress eating. Metabolism is another boosted benefit that will increase when regularly exercising. Since more calories are burned when exercising, people will end up consuming more in order to maintain enough replenished energy.... [tags: Obesity, Exercise, Physical exercise, Weight loss]
1053 words (3 pages)
- How Does Exercise Help You Live Longer “Live long and prosper,” This popular quote is an example of taking over your life and prospering with good health. You have a chance to extend your life by doing physical exercise. Sitting around and lying on the couch all day will not help your health. Most video games will also contribute to lack of activity. Physical exercise can benefit you in so many ways. For instance, exercise can prevent obesity, make you heart healthy, make you stronger, and several more.... [tags: Quality of Life, Health, Wellbeing, Exercise]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- the knowledge about actions that are preventing you from achieving your desired state. Knowing those bad actions (or bad choices) you have been taking as well as still are taking, will arm you with the right knowledge about the dreadful consequences such bad choices entail. Being aware of each choice you make, especially the bad, negative choices, will motivate you to make good, positive choices in place of the bad, negative ones you have been making so far. So, what you need to do starting right NOW is- track every aspect of your eating (aka nutritional) habits plus your exercising (aka strength/endurance training) habits.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Obesity]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- How Is Bad Food and Good Food Affecting People. Doing more exercise and eating healthier can change the obesity problem that young adults of this generation have. If people continue to eat unhealthy there could be permanently damaging to the body and that can lead to different diseases. Being obese can lead to having type 2 diabetes, a heart attack, heart disease, or stroke. If people decide to eat unhealthy and not care about the causes, it is their choice to decide whether these persons want to start eating healthy or stay the same and face the consequences of being overweight.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Health, Physical exercise]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- You know that famous saying, "You are what you eat". Have you as the young generation of today forgotten this important rule. It is a proven fact that we are seeing more and more overweight people at younger ages. Eating too much fat not only increases the risk for developing heart disease, diabetes, or cancer, it is also the major contributor to those extra pounds of fat you may have added to your figure. Engaging in an exercise program can have dramatic effects on your weight and overall well-being.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
411 words (1.2 pages)
- The word 'fitness' is very vague as fitness is built up of many factors. The main ones include, general Fitness, aerobic fitness and specific fitness. General fitness is the ability to meet the demands of every day life. General fitness is closely liked with health related fitness and it has several components including Strength the force muscles exert when they contact. Flexibility or suppleness, the range of movement at a joint. Speed, is the ability to move your body or a section of your body quickly.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
484 words (1.4 pages)
- Health Related Exercise Programme The objective of every training lesson is to improve my performance. Each session needs to be well planned to improve my fitness. The sport, which I have decided to improve for health and fitness, is Netball the position that I play is as Goal-defender. Training must include: warm up and warm down, practicing skills and various fitness activities linked to netball. This training is an example of Interval training, as I have to develop my fitness in a short time (5 sessions) by working hard and gaining fitness quickly.... [tags: Exercise Physiology]
1118 words (3.2 pages)