I want to exercise and stay fit and healthy; how about you? And it is *super easy* to find time, space, and energy to do so. Most moms don’t have enough to do anyway, so squeezing in one more thing isn’t hard *at all*. Sorry. I think I snorted a bit. That is certainly not my reality, and I’m betting it is not yours either.
So what is a busy mom to do? For some, hitting the gym might be just the ticket to workout success. Time away from the house and kids to rejuvenate body and spirit is workable for some, but having the ability or the desire to join a gym is not my reality, nor is it the reality for many moms. Here are some tips for busy moms who are trying to make working out at home actually *work*.
#### Set a Budget
I know, I know, part of the lure of exercising at home is the allure of saving money. We’re not paying gym membership fees, so it should be free, right? Well, not exactly. Home fitness often requires some sort of up front investment, but don’t get caught up on pricy gadgets, as they are not necessary and often prove to be far less effective than as advertised.
The cost of an at-home workout can be as affordable as a $10 jump rope, or as expensive as a full home gym. But do not trick yourself into thinking it is totally free. Even running through the park or walking around your neighborhood requires a decent pair of shoes. Be honest about how much you can and want to spend, but do not spend without actually dedicating time to thinking about what implements you truly need and will enjoy using.
#### Commit to a Scheduled Time
Our days are long and continually busy. If you are hoping to squeeze a workout in when you find a few spare minutes, I’ve got news for you. It won’t happen. We tend to put off the things...
... middle of paper ...
...o choose from, no matter what sort of workout sparks your interest. Streaming services for exercise routines exist. Membership sites like Spark People or Weight Watchers Online offer support and camaraderie from an online community of like-minded women working toward the same goal. The web can be your best ally, so be sure to use it.
#### Be Kind to Yourself
This might be the most important facet to ultimate success. We tend to be far too hard on ourselves, and moms are more prone to dialing up internal guilt to soul-splitting decibels. Some days you’ll blow it, and that’s okay. We’re all human, and we all fall short from time to time. Just pick yourself back up and keep going. My favorite inspirational quote is a Japanese proverb: *Fall seven times. Stand up eight*. As long as you keep standing back up, you *will* reach your goals. So forgive yourself,and move on.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Importance of Exercise It is extremely crucial of our body to get exercise. Exercise helps people lose weight and maintain a fit body. It also helps reduce stress. When we are relieved of that stress, that can help us in many other ways as well such as getting the right amount of sleep, our mood, stamina, and not stress eating. Metabolism is another boosted benefit that will increase when regularly exercising. Since more calories are burned when exercising, people will end up consuming more in order to maintain enough replenished energy.... [tags: Obesity, Exercise, Physical exercise, Weight loss]
1053 words (3 pages)
- A healthy and fit body is something that many people want. If this is something you want for yourself, this is possible. You have to pay attention to how you eat and also make sure you get enough physical activity. In addition, you can choose from many fitness programs. Don't waste any more time; you can be in better shape. Simply follow the follow tips in this article. Provided that you exercise regularly and that you put in a consistent effort, you can work out any time of day. It will primarily depend on the kind of schedule you have, as well as your personal preference.... [tags: exercise, diet, goals]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- Should people abandon their favorite food to stay healthy. Eating healthy is the massive issues these days. Seems like half of the population is concerned about eating right. People are confused about what should they eat because there are lots of options. Orgain, frozen food, food that is ready to eat. It is a whole new world of food. But what is right and what food will be healthy. Then there are some people who diet. Dieting does not help you lose weight; if you diet you will only gain weight not lose it.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Weight loss, Personal life]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- America is one of the most obese countries in the world, with so many technologies making life easier for people no wonder why so many people are gaining weight in larger amounts than in the past. There are endless amounts of things people do to get out of doing actual physical work. An example would be the grocery store down the street. 9/10 people would most likely drive 1 mile down the road instead of getting up and going for a nice walk. Another technological advancement is the computer, Television, and the biggest one, video games.... [tags: health & fitness]
1042 words (3 pages)
- “Exercise is the physical exertion of the body - making the body do a physical activity which results in a healthy or healthier level of physical fitness and both physical and mental health” (MNT). Exercise is vital for every person whether they are malnourished or cumbersome. A person needs to work out almost 3-4 times a week to keep them in shape and to stay vigorous. “People exercise for many different reasons such as; to socialize, to relax, controlling body weight or for fun” (MNT). The most common myths surrounding exercise are that an individual can consume anything after working out for 30-45 minutes and that low intensity workout burns more fat.... [tags: Obesity, Physical exercise, Exercise, Nutrition]
716 words (2 pages)
- Health and Lifestyle implications: Exercise People with CAD have to take care of their health and lifestyle if they plan to reduce or eliminate CAD. Talk to a doctor to see if you are at your ideal weight or to see if you are at risk before starting a new exercise lifestyle. Always obtain approval from your to begin active exercise routines. If you are overweight or obese, losing weight and exercising can help your heart stay healthy and reduce risks for heart disease. Exercise makes your heart stronger which helps it pump more blood with each heartbeat.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Physical exercise]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Effects of exercise One of the best ways in how people can improve their overall mood, keep their bones healthy and even live longer, is by being an active person. Fred DeVito stated that “if it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn 't change you”; however most people just want exercise just to have a fit body and be healthier without knowing great results. Other effects that exercise has into the body are normalization of glucose, insulin and leptin levels. In other words not only will it make the appearance in a person’s life to look great, but their entire body will have an extraordinary response.... [tags: Obesity, Exercise, Cortisol, Weight loss]
1043 words (3 pages)
- What is physical exercise. There are no other safe options to be physically fit but to do physical exercise. But first what is physical exercise. Physical exercise is any bodily activity that increase or maintain physical fitness. To be able to do physical exercise you need healthy body, endurance, strength, flexibility, balance, etc… It helps ourselves to be healthier, and we should do this regularly to maintain or to improve our body and health. Being Obese is really hard like you always get bullied in school, hard finding clothes, hard to breath, and etc… If you are overweight physical exercise can really solve your problem you just really need to persuade yourself to be norm... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- ... The next thing i want to talk about is depression. Have you ever been called a rude or hurtful name. Joke or not, it can cause the person that you are picking on to develop serious mental instabilities such as depression along with suicidal thoughts. According to NAIM.org, Major depression is a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. It is a serious medical illness that affects one’s thoughts, feelings, behavior, mood and physical health. Each year depression affects 5-8 percent of adults in the United States.... [tags: eating disorders, video games, depression]
532 words (1.5 pages)
- The word 'fitness' is very vague as fitness is built up of many factors. The main ones include, general Fitness, aerobic fitness and specific fitness. General fitness is the ability to meet the demands of every day life. General fitness is closely liked with health related fitness and it has several components including Strength the force muscles exert when they contact. Flexibility or suppleness, the range of movement at a joint. Speed, is the ability to move your body or a section of your body quickly.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
484 words (1.4 pages)