I positively believe that I have the qualifications to be considered as the top candidate for this position. Because I enjoy cooking and wants to be a chef, it has also been my dream to be able to go around the world and learn different kinds of cuisines. And as for me, food is my ticket to go from one end of the world to the other end by means of cooking. Born and raised in Saudi Arabia, I learned perfectly how to prepare Mediterranean dishes, especially the famous shawarma and kababs. As well as being raised as a true Filipina, I was first taught how to serve Filipino dishes, especially their famous pansit, lumpia, and adobo. And migrating to California broadened my knowledge of food by preparing outstanding burgers, steaks and meat roasts. Moreover, I also learned from my generous friends from different parts of the world how to prepare various recipes such as the tamales, tacos, burritos, sushi, teriyaki chicken, Korean chicken, Korean bolgogi, Hawaiian chicken katsu, Irish breakfast, hummus, assorted desserts, and ...
... middle of paper ...
...into the work I do. My friendly and positive attitude always brings a happy and relaxed environment. With all this, I undoubtedly believe that my characteristics, skills and talents are another things I can offer in the table of your line of workers.
My knowledge of different cuisines and my character, skills and talents are my personal distinctive spices and the reasons that I am confident in meeting the criteria and would be the eligible chef for your elegant restaurant. It is my honor and delight if you will allow me to be part of your outstanding personnel. If you ever consider this application of mine, I would be more than pleased to prove and share any of my skills and knowledge of cooking in any place that is convenient to you. It will be my honor and pleasure to work with you at Par Se, and I am sincerely hoping for your kind consideration. Thank you.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A family walks into a restaurant and orders a meal. The father orders a steak and mashed potatoes and the mother orders a shrimp scampi. They also order a cheesecake for dessert. They wait about 15 - 20 minutes and their orders come out piping hot and beautifully plated. They will never know the chefs that cooked their food and the work that went into it. There are a number of people responsible for preparing the food and making sure it is the best quality it can be , but the most important positions are an executive chef and a sous chef .... [tags: Chef, Culinary art, High school, Cooking]
1058 words (3 pages)
- ... We're looking for an experienced executive chef with a bachelor's degree or higher. Qualified candidates will have more than five years of industry experience, with at least two years of management experience. Previous experience should also include menu development, pricing, cost control, inventory, and hiring. Stable work history is a must, as is strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Salary negotiable. If this sounds like the job for you, please submit your resume via email.... [tags: employement, management, candidate]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- With the growth of the Food Network, more people than ever are interesting in fine dining, and in the people who create that experience. Many of those people are referred to as executive chefs. But in reality, an executive chef is more involved in management and supervision than in actual cooking in a restaurant ("Cooks and Chefs" ¶13). Executive chef is a job that requires specialized training and years of apprenticeship and business skills, as well as a love of food and cooking. The idea of a master, or executive, chef, came about in the eighteenth century.... [tags: Culinary Arts]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- We all look up to someone. Some people look up to famous people, politicians, and people close to the heart. But, a person can’t just wake up one morning feeling inspired. To be inspired by someone he or she must grab our attention and have valuable qualities. Geoffrey Zakarian is the person I wish to emulate. [Zakarian] can please people with simple tastes; [and] he is at his best when the cooking becomes more complicated (Reichl). Geoffrey Zakarian is successful because he is well-educated and passionate which is what makes him one of the best chefs in New York City.... [tags: ironk chef america, cooking, new york city]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Creating fancy cakes, breads, delectable desserts and other treats are the specialties of pastry chefs. Desserts are difficult to make but everyone loves them. Customers especially love desserts that are new, appealing, and even desserts that remind them of home. Being a classically trained pastry chef is an honor and I am lucky enough to call myself one. Not only is being a classically trained pastry chef an honor, it is rare to find chefs with that title. I can create traditional and nontraditional, delicious and visually appealing desserts that have been praised by the highest critics.... [tags: Chef, Pastry chef, Chefs, Culinary art]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- CEO compensations are awards and incentives given to the chief executive officers of companies. These awards could either be in the form of cash or in non-monetary forms. For instance, some executives are awarded huge numbers of shares in a company or are allowed to purchase the shares on their own but at subsidized prices. The sum of reimbursement on compensation to any chief executive officer is decided on by the board of directors to that particular company (Sam Ashe-Edmunds, 2014). The last few decades have seen dramatic and outrageous rises in executive compensations.... [tags: Chief executive officer, Executive officer]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Baking What do you think is the most popular job to have in the hospitality industry. I think it is a pastry chef. So what you hearing about are going to be about baking. First, you’re going to hear about educational requirements and recommendations. Second you’re going to hear about salary ranges and geographic effects and how many hours required each week and what is a typical day like in this career when you reach the career goal. Third you’re going to hear about what skills and sets are required.... [tags: pastry chef, education, salary, career, skills]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- George Auguste Escoffier, the great French chef, has become a matchless influence to modern cooking and dining. His influences have helped to shape and understand French cuisine (Mhyrvold). Not only this, but he also achieved great success outside of the kitchen in the literary field. But what really influenced him to become the grand Auguste Escoffier everyone knows today. George Auguste Escoffier was born on October 28th, 1846 in Villeneuve-Loubet, France (Mhyrvold). His father was Jean-Baptiste Escoffier, a blacksmith, and his mother was Madeline Civatte (Escoffier and Child 4).... [tags: Chef, Auguste Escoffier, Brigade de cuisine]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Compensation and the Chief Executive Officer Executive compensation has come under increasing scrutiny in recent literature in the wake of the growing publicity surrounding managerial failures and executive self-interest. Financial experts have long been examining the problem of aligning the performance of executives with their salaries and benefits. Public discontent with the visible top-heaviness of the compensation structure has brought this issue into the spotlight throughout the business world.... [tags: Executive Compensation and Social Responsibility]
2389 words (6.8 pages)
- Chef This epic tale of love and deception takes us back in time to the year nineteen hundred and eighty seven. Early one morning in London, England, we find ourselves in the kitchen of Chef. This sweet mouthwatering scent of Salisbury steak fills the room. This was to be the finest steak Chef had ever prepared. He planned to enter a contest with this masterpiece, the prize being a cruise to Greenland. To Chef, this was the land of paradise. He would be the only man there to seduce and womanize the native females.... [tags: essays research papers]
1104 words (3.2 pages)