The name of Federal Express is not new; it is an organization that is serving the humanity since long. Federal Express, that is commonly known as Fed Ex is a renowned courier company that plays a prominent role in logistics industry and it is considered as market leader because they deals in zero defects system.
The corporation is famous for its competitive techniques, strategic advantages, distinguishable thinking and lack of communication barriers. Although, there are several logistics and courier based organizations but Federal Express has gained a huge name because of its services and innovation. It is the first courier organization that utilized electronic forum for exchanging orders. Innovation and strategies related to innovation has differentiated Fed Ex from rest of the logistics firm.
Federal Express is trying to excel market shares through technological advancement and differentiation of products and services from that of competitors. Although, the corporation faced obstacles and hurdles in every stage but their powerful strategies saved them every time.
The topic that is assigned deals with execution of strategies in the globalized environment and the research paper will speak about cost creation frontier of Fed Ex. The paper will inquire about building blocks that are needed by corporation to go for competitive advantage over others in order to preserve above standard productivity (Arthur, 1992). Corporation is famous for its differentiation practices, so project will determine how it manages competitive gain over other competitors.
Further, development models of Fed Ex will be accessed and analyzed and recommendations will be provided if needed. Finally, the project will cover globalization and ...
... middle of paper ...
...ecial packages and high quality services.
Arthur, J. B. (1992). The link between business strategy and industrial relations systems in
American steel minimills. Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 488-506.
Farhoomand, A. F., Ng, P. S., & Conley, W. L. (2003). Building a successful e-business: the
FedEx story. Communications of the ACM, 46(4), 84-89.
Hult, G. T. M., Hurley, R. F., Giunipero, L. C., & Nichols, E. L. (2000). Organizational
in Global Purchasing: A Model and Test of Internal Users and Corporate Buyers*. Decision Learning sciences, 31(2), 293-325.
Quelch, J. A., & Klein, L. R. (1996). The Internet and international marketing. Sloan
Management Review, 37(3).
Wind, J., & Rangaswamy, A. (2001). Customerization: the next revolution in mass
customization. Journal of interactive marketing, 15(1), 13-32.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Assignment Topic EITHER You are required to perform strategic planning for your organisation or one you are familiar within your country or region and: • Develop a vision statement, a mission statement and a statement of values, and explain their appropriateness. • Undertake an internal analysis of the organisation and an analysis of its external environment, using appropriate strategic management tools. • Craft strategies and explain their appropriateness. You do not need to develop implementation processes.... [tags: markets, values, mission, strategies]
2928 words (8.4 pages)
- Venture Report On TO STUDY GLOBAL MARKETING STRATEGIES ON NISSAN Venture Superior - M.s Princy Agarwal Put together By: Shivam gupta Enlistment no.: A3906413039 Move no. : C-35 Worldwide MARKETING Undertaking Report On TO STUDY GLOBAL MARKETING STRATEGIES ON NISSAN Venture Superior - M.s Princy Agarwal Put together By: Shivam gupta Enlistment no.: A3906413039 Move no. : C-35 Worldwide MARKETING Affirmation At the very start, I might want to take brilliant chance of expressing gratitude toward those persons without whose direction, co-operation, motivation and proposal it would have been incomprehensible for me to finish the undertaking effectively.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Methodology]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- A former Intel CEO and senior advisor of Intel Corp, Andrew Grove stresses a great importance on international competition by stating ‘you have no choice but to operate in a world shaped by globalization and the information revolution. There are two options; Adapt or die’. Grove’s statement effectively conveys a great importance of competing in a global economy in order to for an organization to expand, grow, and thrive. As of late, international competition and trade surfaced as one of the most important aspects of organizations’ growth as many barriers have lessened between countries and to make global trade easier (Twarowska, 2013).... [tags: International Competition, Global Economy]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- Every place, country, city, region has its own climate. Climate plays one of the important roles in people’s life. Climate is defined as the average weather, which means variety of weather conditions as rain, snow, hail, sun, and wind over period of time about 30 years that can be measured in any particular place.( IPCC Third Assessment Report - Climate Change 2001; editor:A.P.Baede) Climate change is a variation of average weather. There are 2 causes of climate change. The first is human activity which includes deforestation, burning fossil fuels, agriculture, transportation and infrastructure.... [tags: environment, pollution, global warming]
2335 words (6.7 pages)
- The environment of planet Earth is being harmed and the causes of environmental degradation are mostly man made. Natural resources are being exploited to provide energy, food, and technology for an ever-growing global population. In the process, the globe is warming at an unprecedented rate, water and air are being polluted, and forests are being destroyed; however, awareness and education are encouraging the search for environmental first aid. The climate change occurring now, which affects every continent and ocean, has both human and natural causes.... [tags: Environment ]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Business Brief The following is a framework for executing Foto Inc.’s (“Foto”) Strategic Plan. Included is Foto’s vision statement which outlines Foto’s mission and goals as a company that aims to directly impact customer’s lives. Furthermore, Foto’s financial objectives and strategic objectives, as well as the strategic intent will be discussed in detail. Strategic Vision Strategy We want to provide a product that captures the moments in people’s lives, the snapshot that sparks a great memory for generations to come.... [tags: Strategy, Strategic management, Economics]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
Collaborative Working Environments Have Played a Big Role in the Present Global Business Environment
- ... The official and process-based aspects of collaborative business have been on the forefront. Principal drivers of the trend towards international business networks include technology and costs. They are normally a part of efficiency-finding and market-finding globalization. Latest developments, however, adopt and support short-term, semi-permanent and ad-hoc business collaboration networks. The term business web offers a generalization of collaborative networked organizations and pressures the decomposition and reconfiguration of ancient supply channels and the latest forms of informal and trust oriented coordination and linked business models.... [tags: Forms of ICT-Global collaboration]
3264 words (9.3 pages)
- Global warming effects the world on three different levels, the most obvious is the international level, then national and local level. Global affects everybody and should the levels continue we could see significant sea level rises. Many countries are very bad offenders when it comes to greenhouse gas emissions especially the U.S.A and the Russians. Due to this and many other climatic and diplomatic reasons, world summits are held every five years, Rio in 1992, Kyoto in 1997 and most recently Johannesburg in 2002.... [tags: Environmental Global Climate Change]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- ... But the government should support progressive environmental policy instead of supporting oil. Undoubtedly we are disrupting the ways of nature by ignoring the damage we are causing to the environment and ourselves. There have been an increasing number of studies, which show there has been damaging effects from the mass amounts of light and noise humans are continually outputting into the environment. This type of pollution impacts the environment by disturbing mammals, birds and fish breeding patterns.... [tags: Pollution, Global warming, Causality, Earth]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- Introduction As an organization that is intent on expansion, having a facility in the Scandinavian territory is an important step in our continued growth. Hiring a new manager for the facility provides opportunities to develop new and exciting strategies within the company. The continued globalization of the organization provides a deeper cultural connection to the new territory. "Globalization has contributed to the spread of mutual cultural understanding and tolerance." (Okpara, 2008. p 30.) Global enterprises face the challenge of managing and developing human resources in the global setting.... [tags: Dynamic HR Global Workforce]
2837 words (8.1 pages)
- Biography of Ridley Scott
- Bob Dylan’s Oxford Town Impacts All Around
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Discovered by by Endocrinologists Andrea Prader and Heinrich Willi
- Sexuality in A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
- New Employee's Orientation: The Blended Learning Approach
- Crohn’s Disease: Dr. Burrill B. Crohn