The excitement of gaming turned into addiction to the extent that I downloaded games on every device including my cell phone. It began affecting my life negatively in terms of academics, social, family and religious life. The ability to concentrate on studies was significantly reduced by the distractions. Although, I graduated high school with passes in all the subjects, it wasn’t what I expected. I could have done better If I had dedicated enough time on studies.
When I started college, as If I did learnt from my mistakes. I continued with gaming practice until I realized the impact it had on me. My academic performance changed drastically and started experiencing challenges. The more time I spent on playing games, the more I became cunctative. I started receiving low grades in various assignments. At times, I even forg...
... middle of paper ...
...ng me disorganized towards the next class. I used to have less sleep due to the time I spent playing games in the night. This always affected my subsequent days and sometimes drowsed in classs. During my week of change, preparation towards school and class was maximized. My grades in all assignment and courses started increasing. My daily schedule was followed subsequently without any interference
I always taught playing games as a way of staying exultant was irreplaceable. My week of change made me realized th
Although I will be difficult, I have decided to carry on with this change. The change brought me So many benefits that I taught was going to lose I never taught I could give up social media. I have realized that video games was an obstacle against my academics and social life, therefor I have decided to quit it and put forth my academics as my priority.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Desire can be a very powerful emotion for humans in this world. For humans there is only one rule, we get what we want because it is in our nature--our desire. In the Writers Presence, Will Right and Marie Winn describe their perspectives on gaming and watching TV. One has a good point of view, while the other argues about its downfall. People want more and more and cannot stop. But what if something we want or already have can be changed from good to bad. What if this desire we have inside turns into a force which controls the way we feel about ourselves in a whole new way.... [tags: gaming, addictions,]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- Anti-Social Internet Internet and gaming addiction is a growing issue in our modern world. Many children suffer from this condition and serve both long and short term consequences for it. If this illness goes untreated, a child could fall behind in academics, convert to antisocialism, and develop an obese lifestyle habit which would cause other health issues. However, the problem can be remedied through a friendly and soothing approach through: educating the addicts, encouraging a friendly and loving atmosphere outside of the gaming realm, and applying a peer activity program that helps these kids interact with other student their age in a controlled environment where they cannot be made fun... [tags: Addiction, Video game, Drug addiction]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Technology has helped humanity in many different ways, and as the days and years go by, surpasses any expectations we had for its boundaries. Computers have become much more than just a mere tool for sending email and generic business meetings. As it stands now, computers and other internet-dependent devices have expanded out of their comfort zones and into the social, economic, and entertainment domains. However, technology has also proved to us it can, in an alarmingly rising number of cases, do a great deal more harm than good.... [tags: Video game, Video game addiction, Addiction]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Imagine a world that allows people to become someone else for a moment. This virtual world is undiscovered by many people and is competing with each other. They are not afraid of others judging them. They can express their feelings anonymously without fear. This world is filled with people who, in the real world, would usually be quiet and reserved, but in this world emerge as leaders. This virtual world is accessible to everyone, but only used by a few. These few people who make up this virtual world are called gamers.... [tags: Gaming]
2506 words (7.2 pages)
- Pathological Gambling There is a great deal of excitement that comes with taking a risk. The most popular way to do obtain that excitement is by Gambling, which is, “an activity that involves a degree of risk and expenditure of money or goods with the hope of an increased return but with the possibility of a total loss.” Organized gambling dates back to 6000 B.C. when dice were first used in the Middle East. Horse races were conducted by the Egyptians in 2000 B.C. Cockfighting became popular in ancient Greece in around 450 B.C.... [tags: Addiction, Problem gambling, Drug addiction]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- At 1:15pm Saturday afternoon, I am currently hanging out at the student gaming center with the pool tables and a line of arcades in front of me. At least nine to twelve players are gathered around 2 gaming arcade machines in front of me. The two main popular ones that are of interest would be the Street Fighter 3rd Strike and the Marvel vs Capcom 2 machines. The gamers are heavily immerse in watching the players and cheering them on. I am observing four players playing on two separate machines.... [tags: Gaming, narrative]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Building a gaming computer may be an intimidating endeavour, but in all actuality with a little hard work anyone can be a whiz at putting together a gaming computer. Why build a custom gaming PC. Well it’ll save money, and give the builder a great experience. It’s always fun to learn how different things work. The price of a top of the line retail gaming computer runs from two thousand on up to five thousand dollars and beyond, a monitor alone could cost one thousand dollars. The two types of gaming PC builds are , the hardcore gamer build which will cost a little extra, and the casual gamer build which isn’t as expensive; moreover, the steps in building a gaming PC are: creating a budget,... [tags: Custom Gaming PC, Gaming Industry]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- The online gaming community has increased drastically throughout the years. The community consists of people at the ages of five to forty years old. Among the group, adolescents that play online games are at greater risk of becoming addicted which is a detrimental problem in their daily lifestyle. Before discussing what online gaming is, an explanation must take place about the reason that the adolescent group is the most at risk. Adolescents are at the age where they are planning on going to college to follow their career.... [tags: unhealthy lifestyles, video games]
1329 words (3.8 pages)
- Impact of the issue related with gaming The playing of online games impacts teenage gamers socially, educationally, ethically and psychologically on teenagers. This issue involves numerous stake holders. They are mainly teenagers, parents, friends, policeman, and the game company. The advantage of playing online game is that it allows people to communicate to numerous numbers of others from different cultural backgrounds and countries. In the game, a gamer may want to exchange his item with someone.... [tags: Tips, Impact, Video Games]
1572 words (4.5 pages)
- The term “gamer” tends to be synonymous with “geek” in many people’s minds. They see gaming as a device that absorbs the majority of the time of the user, leaving them as mindless empty, pale husks with no ambitions other than beating that next boss or shooting the enemy in the face. However, few gamers waste their life away. On the contrary, many of these so-called geeks tend to be more social than the average person, and farther down the technological curve than most. For the truth is that gaming is a rather useful and beneficial hobby.... [tags: Gaming ]
1053 words (3 pages)