Rush Hour begins in Hong Kong shortly after the British releases of Hong Kong to China. Inspector Lee is involved with a smuggling sting that will prevent the exportation of Chinese artifacts to different countries. Inspector Lee works under the impression that he can live up to his slain father’s name, who was murder in the line of duty as discovered in the Rush Hour 2. His unwillingness to give up no matter what the consequences is ...
... middle of paper ...
...developed in the Rush Hour series to exist. Describing themselves as each other’s “brother from another mother” (IMDB, 2007) reveals how close two individuals can become after continuously watching out for each other. Lee and Carter’s friendship can be appreciated by everyone, especially those who find themselves in the same cultural situation. The Rush Hour series proves that friendships can and do exist across the board, from complete strangers to individuals who have known each other for years.
IMDB. (2007, January 1). Rush Hour Quotes. Retrieved September 18, 2010, from IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0004160/quotes
Numbers, T. (2010, September 18). Nash Information Service, LLC. Retrieved September 18, 2010, from The Numbers: www.the-numbers.com/movies/series/RushHour.php
Ratner, B. (Director). (1998). Rush Hour [Motion Picture].
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Shining as an Exceptional Horror Movie Stanley Kubrick a.k.a. "The Master Filmmaker," was born on July 26, 1928 in the Bronx, New York City. By age 13 he had developed passions for jazz, drumming, chess and photography. In 1951 at 23 years of age, Kubrick used his savings to finance his first film, a 16-minute documentary short about boxer Walter Cartier. On March 7th, 1999, Stanley Kubrick died in his sleep of a heart attack. He was 70 years old. The Shining is a typical example of the horror genre because it works by arousing irrational fear.... [tags: Papers]
1046 words (3 pages)
- I would define friendship as complete trust and love between two people. Many people believe that this kind of behavior is reciprocated between two individuals without any expectations. A friend is someone who also provides you with support and whom you can rely on to celebrate special moments with. A friend also comes with many great attributes; such as loyalty, honesty, compassion, trust, and morality. Today’s friend is viewed as someone who shares happiness, common values, history, and equality with another.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Interpersonal relationship]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Stereotypes were present in the film in regards to Asians. Jackie Chan, playing Lee, was the first to stand out in the film. In the film, Lee is a martial arts maniac. This is a very common stereotype talked about in the film, The Slanted Screen. The Slanted Screen discussed other stereotypes such as uncultured Asians that speak with foreign accents, restaurant workers and gangsters. These stereotypes were prevalent in the film, Rush Hour. Sang and the Juntao’s men are the perfect example of Asian gangsters in the film.... [tags: Black people, White people, Race, Miscegenation]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- The movie being analyzed is the Sandlot. The relationship between the two main characters is a friendship, which begins with one boy who is desperate for friends and another who is searching for The Sandlot’s last teammate. The friendship between Benny and Small’s is an accurate depiction of the development of friendship in real life. In the movie, Scotty Smalls (Smalls) moves to a new neighborhood. One of his new neighbors happens to be the best baseball player in the neighborhood, Benny, who eventually teaches Smalls how to catch and throw so that the team has a ninth player.... [tags: The Sandlot, Movie Analysis, Boys, Baseball]
1605 words (4.6 pages)
- "Hello?" Her stressed and tired tones channeled across the phone wire. "Hi," I answered. "Hellooooo. What's up?" With the recognition her voice instantly became light and easy. "Nothing. Hey, guess what. I have to write a personal narrative. No one here knows me well enough to help, so I thought I'd call you." "A personal narrative, huh. What are you gonna write about?" "I don't know. That's why I called you. The only recent life-changing occurrence that comes to mind is...well, you know what it is.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1970 words (5.6 pages)
- Friendship is the most wonderful relationship that anyone can have. Ideally a friend is a person who offers love and respect and will never leave or betray us. Friends can tell harsh truths when they must be told. There are four different types of friends: True friends, Convenient friends, Special interest friends, and historical friends. To have friendship is to have comfort. In times of crisis and depression, a friend is there to calm us and to help lift up our spirits. There are many illustrations that show why a friend can be a great comforter.... [tags: Definition Essays Friendship Essay]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Friendship I jumped into my bed, exhausted from my late-night babysitting job. It was past midnight, and I was looking forward to sleeping since I had to get up for work in about eight hours. Normally, I would have pulled my big, fluffy down comforter up to my chin right away, but my body felt as if it were on fire with fever. A bad cold had hit me, just as it always does during the mid-spring season. I could hardly breathe, and my head was pounding. I tossed and turned until I finally fell asleep about an hour later.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- The human survival is based on friendship. From the highest authority to the lowest bums living on the streets all of them have experienced in some way or the other one of these different kinds of friendships. We take this friendship for granted because it is something that exists naturally in society and most of us never really have to actually go out into the world looking for a friend. Those of us who have had to live in a foreign country or in new surroundings have learned how important this is in life.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Everyone is affected by certain events or individuals that greatly change their life. Many people have influenced me during my 21 years of my life, but I believe that the person that has influenced my life the most is a wonderful girl by the name of Lindsay Schiller. In the year that I have known her, she has become one of my best friends, and has helped to transform me from a lonely computer nerd into a happy college student with a decent social life. Popular wisdom has it that, "You judge a man by his friends." Earlier in my life, that would have been difficult, because my father was a high school football coach, and it seemed as though every year I was moving to a new s... [tags: Friendship Essay]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Friends "Friends have a unique loyalty to one another. This loyalty comes not through a sense of duty in the way one may show loyalty to family, kinsfolk or country. Theirs is born out of love, trust and respect. Nurtured on care and understanding. A perfect loyalty that will survive every hardship and endure the rigorous test of time." --Stuart and Linda Macfarlane-- The Love Between Friends, a Helen Exley gift book Friends, some are just acquaintances, others I truly care about. A select few of my friends have become like brothers and sisters.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1409 words (4 pages)