Evolution is chiefly a theory which suggests the universe is the result of a calamitous explosion of matter. The theory of evolution,furthermore, asserts that everything on Earth is composed of genetic material which evolved over centuries. Contrasted with evolution creationism is the belief that God created the Heavens and Earth, and on no account was the evolving of species involved. A major dissimilarity between evolutionists and creationists is the variance of their beliefs of Earth’s true age. Creationists believe the Earth is only a few thousand years old, as opposed to, evolutionists who believe the Earth is a few billion years old. As Evans contends, “Only one side could win, and if it wasn’t ours, the Christian faith would be lost” (1). The National Academy of Sciences advocates the idea of creationism not being able to be proven by science (31). Although creationism cannot be considered a “scientific” theory, evolution provides a great deal of evidence for its assertion.
In court cases, evidence is always a staple. The Creationists vs E...
... middle of paper ...
Evans, Held Rachel. “Christianity and Evolution.” Relevant Magazine 24 Aug. 2010: 1-2
Yahoo.Web. 17 April 2011
Klyce, Brig. “Evolution versus Creationism.” Science Insider 1-3 Yahoo. Web. 10 April 2011
National Academy of Sciences “Creationism Should Not Be Taught in Science Classrooms.”
Creationism vs Evolution. Ed. Bruno J Leone. San Diego: Greenhaven Press,
“Should the Bible Be Interpreted Literally.” Two Paths 1-4 Google. Web. 27 April
“Understanding Evolution.” Evolution.Berkeley.edu 1 Yahoo. Web. 19 April
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What comes to mind when you hear the term Christian fundamentalist. Many people immediately think it is someone who has ultra-conservative Christian based religious beliefs. There is a negative connotation associated as well; many think of Christian fundamentalists as closed-minded, prejudiced and discriminatory, and “right wing” when it comes to political matters. Christian fundamentalists themselves will tell you that the Bible is to be interpreted literally as it is the sacred word of God. They will also tell you that they have been “reborn” or converted, and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior.... [tags: Religion, Christian Fundamentalist, The Antichrist]
2926 words (8.4 pages)
- Evolution is a simple yet complicated process to explain there are many different factors that contribute to evolution. But what is evolution and why is it something that so debated. Why is it so important for people to not only know what it is but understand the importance of it in today’s world. Evolution is simply a change or mutation in the genetic material over generations. Evolution is often a subject that’s misunderstood and misinterpreted in its very definition. If you were to ask someone “what is evolution” many people will reply “survival of the fittest.” Evolution isn’t the search for a perfect organism it’s the assurance that favorable traits that enable that organism to reproduc... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Biology]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- The earliest is believed to have risen from apes. This species have been quadruples. The man originated from earliest forms. Evolution of man is mainly explained by the theory of evolution this is the evolution theory written by Charles Darwin. This theory is based on facts that early man originated from a common ancestry. Natural selection is mainly through natural selection, life on earth come from most ever primitive structures that lived million years ago and to change with time man continues to evolve to date.... [tags: Human evolution, Human, Charles Darwin, Evolution]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Evolution, what is evolution. Evolution is the process by which different kinds of organisms have changed and adapted from their earlier forms. Evolution relates so closely to biology because biology is the study of life and evolution is how living organisms have adapted to the environment. My goal for this paper is to explore evolution in mammals, the basic theory of evolution, beliefs of evolution, the main contributors of evolution, evolution in humans, evolution in monkeys, things that humans lost from evolution, as well as extinctions.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Biology]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- “Evolution is the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth”. Evolution occurs within species and not individuals. Some people believe that evolution theory is a myth and it lacks scientific evidence and others believe that there is supporting evidence. Evolution in the living organisms is believed to have been continuing for the past three thousand million years. Evolution theory is not a modern discovery as it appeared in early writings.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Natural selection]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- All cultures have origin stories or legends to explain their beginning and the beginning of the world. Some culture stories are based in creationism, and others are based in the science of evolution. Evolution is a widely accepted theory of how species change over time. There are four forces of evolution-- mutation, gene flow, genetic drift, and natural selection-- all of which have an effect on all species undergoing adaptation. From microevolution to macroevolution, change is happening to all the time.... [tags: Evolution, Population genetics, Genetics, Gene]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- How evolution happens Evolution is change.S Evolution is a certain species changing to become better adapted to their surroundings and in the end this modification causes this species to become a new breed altogether. There was no scientist that understood how evolution works until Charles Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace (See figure 1) explained it to them. Lots of scientists had realised that plants and animals change with time, as palaeontologists could track the evolution of life in the fossil record.... [tags: Evolution, Natural selection, Charles Darwin]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Man could not evolve to any other state, because he was made in the ultimate state. He was made in the image and likeness of the Father so there was no need for evolution; hence, there was no sign of evolution from the beginning. Since sin came into the world, man has been deceived into thinking there is evolution. We are not talking about the theory of evolution that says man started from an amoeba or as an ape and eventually began to walk upright; not that evolution, but evolution in the sense of development.... [tags: Evolution]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- What makes a primate a primate. A primate is defined by its many incredible features. A primate is a mammal that has certain characteristics such as: flexible fingers and toes, opposable thumbs, flatter face than other mammals, eyes that face forward and spaced close together, large and complex cerebrum, and social animals. What makes a primate a primate is its characteristics. Some of the physical features primates are identified by is their teeth, snouts, eyes, ears, arms, legs, fingers, and toes.... [tags: Evolution]
687 words (2 pages)
- Nero as the Antichrist Nero was a mixture of megalomania, evil, and cruelty according to Roman historians as well as Jews and Christians. His sin of matricide and his claims of deity were major elements in his infamous reputation. Though modern Historians have tried to whitewash Nero and say that certain groups in Rome and other parts of the empire supported him, his name has become a synonym for tyrant and, for many, Antichrist. Nero was born in AD 37 on December 15 to Agrippina and Gnaeus. Nero's father was said to have run his chariot over a boy deliberately and to have killed one of his freedman for drinking less than he was ordered.... [tags: Papers]
1025 words (2.9 pages)