Essay PreviewMore ↓
Music is the biggest part of dance. The way the beat and bass hit are or even the lyrical content of the music today encourages the style of dance. Rap starts tend to graphically describe women, sex and money. And because of this, youngsters have accepted this state of mind into their style of dancing. Even the girls in the rap videos suggest there is nothing wrong with their provocative ways and even promote this way of dance. Being the trendy generation that we are, we follow and imitate their way of dance.
Additionally, the behavior that is accepted by society plays a big role in our way of dance. Society is so open with public sexuality that we have accepted that into our normal daily pattern. TV shows are showing more and more graphic programs and as years pass by, it is predictable that they will worsen. So how do we stop it? Some try, while others adapt this way of living into their dance moves and styles. Society is corrupting the minds of teenagers and like a sponge, we are absorbing it all.
Finally, as decades have passed from the 60s, 70s, 80s and even 90s, more and more things are being considered okay by the public. These provocative dancing styles have evolved and moved into the styles we use to dance at clubs and even at school. It should not be considered okay when a woman is being sandwiched between two males and they are being able to grab everything they can get a hold of, or vise-versa.
How to Cite this Page
"Evolution of Dance." 123HelpMe.com. 11 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain (Vivian Greene).” For some, dance is life; for others dance is just a fun thing to do when you’re with friends or at a party. Dance has many different styles and types. Dance is always evolving and will most likely never stop. Dance has changed over the years; new dances have been introduced and older dances have gone out of style. There are many types of dance; It all depends on the person you talk to (sv;sv).... [tags: song choice, rhythm, steps, fads]
1390 words (4 pages)
- Dancing and music in general have evolved through time. People who danced in style in the sixties would not fit n the generation of the new millennium. As years have passed by, it seems the style of dancing is getting to be dirtier than ever. Parents do not approve of this lifestyle and this way of dance. It is inevitable that dance will change throughout our lives and so will its style. Dancing has changed in relation to music, behavior and time passed. Music is the biggest part of dance. The way the beat and bass hit are or even the lyrical content of the music today encourages the style of dance.... [tags: essays research papers]
405 words (1.2 pages)
- After watching the videos most made me feel same as in our book Bill T. Jones says, “Make something beautiful…Make something that comes honestly from you. Dare to fail.” That is exactly ho I felt after watching most of the videos. They were full of emotions and contact. The movements were very touchy feely and emotional with a story to tell; especially, the one called “What is contact improvisation?” I did reminded me of some of the previous choreographies we watched. I most of the videos there was a lots of ballet movements except the “Rennie Harris Puremovement │ Jacob 's Pillow Dance Festival 2009," which I actually enjoyed the most.... [tags: Dance, Choreography, Modern dance]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- The dance components effectively portrayed love and loss, by the use of movements, music and lighting. Natalie Weir is the artistic director of Expressions Dance Company in Sydney. EDC, is a world wide known dance company for their meaningful dances and their highly professional dancers. Their mission as a dance company is to contribute to the evolution and strong future of contemporary dance. R and J was first premiered at QPAC 850 seat venue, located in Brisbane Australia. It is a 60 minute long performance, split in to 3 distinct dances based upon Romeo and Juliet.... [tags: Dance, Performance, Dance therapy, Love]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Hip-hop dance plays an important role as an outlet for young people to express themselves. There are two broad categories of Hip-hop dance: new school and old school. Old school of hip-hop dance contains several styles that were created in the 1970s and 1980s, including breaking, locking and popping (Bronner 3). The main element of breaking dance is movements executed close to the ground. Breaking dance is a battle between several groups. Dancers use different movements, spins with heads, leg movements and arm movements.... [tags: dance, music generes]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- The Aspen Times Weekly released an article called "It's still EDM to me" is by Stewart Oksenhorn. The article has been most likely released within the past few years, which signify the peak of the EDM (or Electronic Dance Music) movement here in the United States. The article contains the various types of complexities that people today, even on the internet, have debated on several times . The article by Oksenhorn challenges EDM regarding its authenticity. The questioning of its genuine nature is reasonable, by its structure and evolution over the years, and by convenient means to the tools to make EDM.... [tags: authenticity, structure, evolution]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Miley Cyrus recently made headlines for her performance on stage at the MTV Music Awards, shaking her rear end in what many described as a scandalous or inappropriate manner, while barely dressed in what was akin to a skimpy bathing suit. Anyone who watched the news in the days following her August 25, 2013, performance at the Video Music Awards could not have missed the commentary, and there was a lot of commentary. Some thought Miley’s performance was extreme and perverted. People talked, and many pondered this new dance.... [tags: dance, Miley Cyrus, Mapouka, Ivory Coast]
1691 words (4.8 pages)
- Martha Graham said, “Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion.” No matter what one’s color is or what one looks like, anyone can dance. When people hear their favorite songs on the radio, they like to get up and dance to it. Dance is a form of art that involves movement and music. With a group of people, different patterns and techniques can be formed, that one person cannot perform alone. As a group, it can make each dance step look precise and uniform and there are ways to make an individual stand out.... [tags: Television Review]
1184 words (3.4 pages)
- Having been a dancer for several years and a budding fashion designer, it has always eluded me why there is rarely a clear direct link between the two. Occassionally, dance dabbles in fashion, seeping in through sportswear and some flashy television commercials, but it’s rare to find any more depth in it. Fashion appears to found in dance, but most of this comes in the form of costumes for shows. My own experience of semi-professional urban dance styles only touches the surface of dance as a whole, and by no means is a fair representation of it, but it’s enough to have intrigued me to find out more.... [tags: Fashion]
2119 words (6.1 pages)
- El tango is one of the best produced dances of all times. Ballroom dancing originated in England in the late 18th Century and early 19th centuries in which these dances such as the waltz were performed by the upper and elite classes of society in balls and parties. During the late 19th century to the early 20th century, it became a trend among the working and middle class where they would go to gatherings and events in public dance halls. In the early 1920’s ballroom dancing competitions started to boom that in 1924 an organization was formed called the Ballroom Branch of Imperial Society of teachers of Dancing.... [tags: Dance]
996 words (2.8 pages)
Music, behavior and time passed have changed music in one way or another. As years pass by, the style of dancing has changed. It has become more sexual throughout the years. Parents do not approve of these moves and are ordering for this type of dance to be removed from schools.