Advances in computing power, graphics technology has enabled significant advances in video gaming technology. Initially, several games were developed to run on the processing power of personal computers. Computers needed to have an advanced graphics card, high processing speed and capacity to have rich experience of the game. This resulted in specialized gaming consoles specially designed for rich graphics and high memory. There are several organizations specialized in gaming equipment, gaming software and content. Some of the leading players are Sony Playstation, Nintendo Wii and Microsoft X-box. These providers typically have gaming console which can be connected to the TV or computer screen to play the games. Initially, these games come up with the necessary remote connected to the gaming console. Most of these providers also have portable version of their gaming consoles. Portable gaming consoles are a big hit among children as it enables to carry their games wherever they want. There are also number of gaming content providers who produce gaming software according to the specifications of the gaming console providers. Some of the popular games include car racing, bike racing, cricket, soccer, golf and tennis etc. Gaming content providers also produced games with characters from hit Hollywood and Bollywood action characters to capture the imagination of the young children. There are lot of youngsters who follow t...
... middle of paper ...
...system doing no physical activity can lead to obesity. Long hours of vide gaming can harm the morale and mental health of the children. Sitting in front of the TV or video gaming console for a long time can also affect the eye sight of the children at a very young age. Video games can adversely impact the children’s brain in terms of observation skills, concentration and paying attention to details etc. Video games just appear to cast a spell on children and give them the visual idea that there are colourful animated figures moving around on the screen. Many parents come to the doctor with complaints that their child is growing obese by the day and not doing any physical activity. Some children, when are asked to go out and play they don’t play on the field instead they go to friends house and start playing video games. It weakens the natural sense of observation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nowadays video games are a very prominent part of our society, being one of the biggest entertainment markets out there, despite how large the gaming market is, people mostly only view games as entertainment with little benefits aside from passing the time. Games are not just a fun way to whittle away time, but they are one of the most effective mediums to train our brain and skills. Video games are one of the most effective ways to transmit knowledge yet the public only sees educational games for this purpose, while others see the rest of the gaming industry transmitting harmful habits.... [tags: Video game, Game, Video game genres]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- The first video game arrived on the scene in the 1950’s. It began as a rather simplistic form of entertainment including games like “Tennis for Two” and “Ping Pong”. Fast forward 50 years later and current games advanced extremely beyond the basic oscilloscope. Developed animations have lifelike characteristics; some even mimic the movement of the player’s body. Video games have evolved and with evolution come many concerns about its sometimes violent and immoral contents. This presentation serves to educate whether video games have a negative effect on the behavior of youth.... [tags: Video game, Entertainment Software Rating Board]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- When videos games were first available to consumers and brought into homes it was to serve the purpose of entertainment. Now since the evolution of gaming unfortunately a new purpose has been served. A survey conducted by the firm at game spot concluded that gamers in the United States spent over 13 hours playing video games weekly. Although current gaming systems may help increase motors skills, there have been many problems associated with excessive video games. It’s clear that this new wave of video games have a negative effect on the youth.... [tags: Entertainment]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- “As video games have become more violent and more sophisticated and the sales of video games has skyrocketed in the last few decades, youth violence has plummeted,” Ferguson says, citing evidence compiled by various federal agencies (Adams 3). Violence in video games is not a new issue. It has been debated and argued since the release of the first violent video game. As time has progressed, so has the evolution of violence and strong language within video games. Ratings have become more relaxed, and the lines between T (Teen) and M (Mature) rated games has gotten closer together.... [tags: violence and sophistication, psychology]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Researchers have been studying the use of video games, particularly violent video games, to demonstrate its relation to negative behavioural developments. When analyzing the available data, it would be safe to state that the correlations between video games and the development of negative behaviours found in youths are minimal and have caused generalization. Video games have been able to evolve a similar pace to modern technology. With the introduction of the personal computer, video games soon followed.... [tags: adolescence, behavior, researchers]
2300 words (6.6 pages)
- Video Games Effect On Society The U.S. population consumes violence media voraciously. Youths between the ages of 8 and 18 spend more than 40 hours per week using some type of media, not counting school or homework assignments (Rideout et al.). Television is the most common source of violent media, but electronic video games are rapidly growing in popularity. Numerous studies have shown that video games, especially ones with violent content, make teens more aggressive. Part of the increase in aggressive behavior is linked to the amount of time children are allowed to play video games.... [tags: video games, teens, entertaintment]
1495 words (4.3 pages)
- The Violence of Video Games and the Effect It Have On Society In today world video games have come along way since the birth of game consoles, with such games as Pac Man, Donkey Kong, and Frogger. Not only have the graphics done a complete three hundred and sixty degrees turn but the violence has also on video games. There have been many people discussing on the topic of video games that have violence and the effect it has on kids. It brings out more aggression on kids that play those types of games than those who does not.... [tags: Video Games]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- ... According to the article contained in the Harvard Mental Health Letter, Violent Video Games and Young People, they argue against this notion of therapeutic release. They use sources and research date from both the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) when talking about how detrimental video game violence is to children, especially those that start out playing video games like this at a young age. “Both the AAP and AACAP reason that children learn by observing, mimicking, and adopting behaviors—a basic principle of social learning theory” (“Violent Video Games”).... [tags: a release, sensitization to violence]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- The Effects of Video Games Video games and its effects on adolescents and responsibility of parents is a topic that is widely debated whether it’s the parent’s responsibility or the game industry should be regulated. The video games industry itself has been available to consume for only about the last 30 years. With that being said the topic is still rather new in terms of its effects but its effects on children can currently be measured. The industry is very unique in terms of entertainment because players are transported into the game its self essentially becoming part of the script.... [tags: Adolescents, VIdeo Games, Violence]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- 1. INTRODUCTION: 1. a What is Video Game. Video game is an electronic game seeking human interaction through an engaging user interface that is being fetched by a video device. Traditionally the term video in video game is referred as a raster display device, but it now implies any type of display device [monitors, TV etc] that can produce two or three-dimensional images. 1. b How does it work. The electronic systems used to play video games are referred to as platforms. The most famous platforms are personal computers and video game console while the platform ranges from large mainframe computers to small devices.... [tags: electronic games, devices]
1668 words (4.8 pages)
- An Endless Cycle: Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood
- The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
- An Economic Comparison between North Amercan and European Sports Leagues
- Humes' and Descartes' Position on the Existence of the External World
- Information System Used by the Government Department in Malaysia
- The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper