The theory of evolution was published by an evolutionist called Charles Darwin in 1838. He also proposed the theory of Natural Selection, sometimes known as survival of the fittest. Evolution is when a change occurs in the genetic source within your Deoxyribonucleic Acid, this is believed to happen over an extremely long period of time. Natural Selection is the process whereby organisms better adapted to the nature surrounding them tend to survive a longer period of time due to the fact that they are more suited to the environment in a stable manner. This process is said to be linked to evolution and is now known as the process which happens for animals that cannot adapt in the surrounding nature. This relates to the survival of the fittest. The weaker members of the species die out and the genetic traits of the strongest dominate the gene pool of the species. Evolution is a false statement, the urban legend goes that Charles Darwin renounced evolution on his deathbed.
Evolution is still a theory, this simply means that this has not yet been confirmed. The reason for this is because there is still some evidence that mismatches when it comes to evolution, some examples may be the complexity of the eye, living fossils, dating methods and microevolution/macroevolution. There is a process known as Microevolution which is actually happening. Microevolution is real, it is the small changes within many different species occurring in their genetic code and happens in a short period of time. Macroevolution is the process in which a new species is formed from genetic information which previously did not exist similar to how apes transitioned into humans when they did not exist. Genetic information does not just spontaneously appear. It...
... middle of paper ...
...an volcano which had erupted in 1801 were analysed, the results stated the lava rocks were almost 3 billion years old. The truth is that we can never know how old an object is unless we were there, these readings are just estimations they may not be accurate. Evolutionists have had confusion in this subject because if the fossils tested are not accurate in time evolution is believed to be false because it is stated it occurs over many generations and when fossils are tested science must provide an accurate time before they conclude with confirmed evidence.
In Conclusion, as of today evolution is still a theory and will continue at that state until society builds advanced machines that are proven to be accurate which can either correct or incorrect theories. But the question is if evolution is ever proven false how did life form on planet earth in the beginning.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Evolution VS. Intelligent Design There is a main difference between a theory and a fact. A theory is a logically connected group of tested propositions that are regarded as correct. It can be used as an explanation for an occurrence. A fact is something that actually exists and can be proven using factual evidence. The theory of evolution defined by Darwin is descent with modification. What Darwin means by that is that as the descendants of a certain species spread out over vast regions of the Earth, each descendent develops numerous modifications and changes to either its appearance or its mental appearance.... [tags: theory, evolution, charles darwin]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution is known worldwide to be flawless and perfect. However, this theory has not only a few errors, but also contains falsified evidence. Evidence such as, the Archaeoraptor, Piltdown Man, and the Peppered Moth. Based on the errors in evolution, Evolution should not be accepted by the scientific community. Intelligent professors choose to ignore obvious facts and choose to believe in such a theory. They attempt to indoctrinate false lies into young college students and ostracize them if they question the validity of the theory of evolution.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin]
1732 words (4.9 pages)
- Insert Research Paper Title Here According to The Huffington Post, only 66% of adults in the U.S. believe in evolution and about half of the 66% believe that there was a divine being guiding evolution (Kaleem). A lot more people believe in creationism than expected. In order to know the full significance of this statistic, one must first know what it means. We have learned in school that evolution is thought to be a long-term, ongoing process by which single-celled organisms grew to be complicated organisms through natural selection.... [tags: Evolution, Creationism]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- Man could not evolve to any other state, because he was made in the ultimate state. He was made in the image and likeness of the Father so there was no need for evolution; hence, there was no sign of evolution from the beginning. Since sin came into the world, man has been deceived into thinking there is evolution. We are not talking about the theory of evolution that says man started from an amoeba or as an ape and eventually began to walk upright; not that evolution, but evolution in the sense of development.... [tags: Evolution]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- Evolution has been a constantly debated topic with central importance in defining the origin of man. Creationism is still a common belief in modern society, somehow maintaining validity through assumed truth; this belief attained its popularity many years before the concept of evolution itself, yet is the main opponent of the theory of evolution. Alan Rogers, author of In Evidence for Evolution, provides thorough arguments against creationism, ranging from molecular to morphological data. He argues that many creationists use “arguments from personal incredulity,” meaning that a lack of a fathomable explanation to a question is proof of an answer.... [tags: creationism, research, culture, belief]
1803 words (5.2 pages)
- The theory of human evolution, contrary to creationism, which is the belief that “all present life-forms were spontaneously created at one point in time” is a scientific theory which proposes that the human species branched off from apes millions of years ago. In its simplest definition, evolution is the idea that changes within a species occur progressively over time, thus all lifeforms on the planet today have descended from earlier ones that existed long ago. The man responsible for popularizing the theory of evolution was English biologist Charles Darwin, who devoted his life to systematically finding evidence to support the concept.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Natural selection]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- Nietsche and Evolution "It is the image of the ungraspable phantom of life; and this is the key to it all." -Melville In 1859 Charles Darwin offered a theory that seemed to disprove the longstanding explanation of the Origin of existence. Darwin's theory of evolution proposes a convincing argument that the universe was not created for a purpose, with intention, by a conscious God, but rather, was a phenomenon of random change. Fredrick Nietzsche articulated the gravity of the effect of Darwin's theory on society.... [tags: Religion Creationism Evolution Essays]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- For centuries, man has been curious about his origins and the origins of the life surrounding him. Countless explanations have been formulated using “evidence” that “proves” the story to be true. However, in 1859, Charles Darwin published a monumental theory in his book called The Origin of Species. In his book, Darwin outlined his theory of evolution by natural selection (Darwin, 1859). Although complex, this story is extremely useful in explaining the origins and history of life as we know it.... [tags: The Future of Human Evolution]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- The majority of people in this world believe that a spiritual being created earth. In fact, "most religions and cultures believe the universe was created by a 'creative hand,' either a sky god or some other physical object" (Encarta 1). Think of it, as a trial to see which will win, creation or evolution. It has been the most argued debate in all of history, but creationism is more logical than evolution. To first understand what creation is about, we have to know what creation is. The Bible defines creation as the action by God that brought the universe and all its contents into being.... [tags: essays research papers]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Evolution Evolution is a complex process by which the characteristics of living organisms change over many generations as traits are passed from one generation to the next. Many scientists agree on that concept. They have been trying to develop this theory over hundreds of years to make it reasonable and beliveable to people. But is evolution the reason that humans are on earth. People that are not quite religious and have little faith in God believe in evolution. Those who strongly stand by their beliefs supporting evolution, in my opinion, think they know enough about science and biology and all the complexities of the cell and the human being that they forgot who actually created all thi... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive]
592 words (1.7 pages)