c : to give a different position, course, or direction to 2 a : to replace with another b : to make a shift from one to another : SWITCH c : to exchange for an equivalent sum of money d : to undergo a modification of e : to put fresh clothes or covering on.” (Retrieved November 16, 2009, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/change)
The 2008 Presidential Campaign for Barack Obama was based on the Promise to change the status quo. Life is an ever changing process; the world is ever changing place. Contemporary musical composer and song writer, Quincy Jones wrote a song in 1974 titled “Everything Must Change” and with some degree of certainty, everything must change. I choose this word as my topic for this personal statement/essay because; I have recently experience a crucial life changing moment that has placed me at a crossroad of deciding what my future career should be.
We all eventually reach a crossroad in life that causes us to make a decision regarding some type of change. The question then becomes how you will handle the change. Will you willingly accept it or will you resent and resist the change? Over the years I have learned it is better to find a way to adapt to the changes
you have no way of controlling. Recently, I lost a job that I had been employed at for fifteen years. I must admit at first I was resentful of this life altering change. I found myself asking the inevitable questions; Why me? Why now? I have a family. What am I going to do? All these questions caused me to have deep concern regarding my life. I had to eventually ...
... middle of paper ...
...rence tools at my disposal to help me learn.
What are my goals and objectives for seeking a Master of Education? One day I hope to become a teacher certified to teach in the State of Georgia and have the opportunity to share what I have learned and pass it on to my students. I plan on seeking a career with one of the local school districts within Metro Atlanta. I want to challenge the youth of today and encourage them in every aspect of their lives. I think what will be truly exciting about becoming a teacher is not only the opportunity for me to educate others, but I will also be learning constantly from my students. Every time you wake up and begin a new day you are giving yourself a new opportunity to change your future by what you experience and learn. I want students to know no matter what their circumstances are they have the opportunity to change it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ever since civilization was capable of recording history, we were able to identify the type of job fields that existed throughout history. Not much has changed over the centuries; Ancient Greece consisted of farmers and fishermen just like we have today. According to the Bible, Jesus Christ was a carpenter by trade, he followed in the footsteps of his adoptive father. I believe a lot of people throughout history have aimed to follow the same line of work as their parents, because they respected their mother/father; parents have a big influence on our career choices.... [tags: career, choice, path, vocation]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Issues and Problem Focus The key problems and needs which Aliana should address is why the other careers she choose before have not made her happy. She has tired her hand at English and Education in her past careers. I would question why she chose these careers to begin with. I would also explore why she has never used her minor in Journalism in her career and if she would like to put effort into that career path. In using the O*NET Interest Profiler we can explore why she might have chosen these careers and what careers she should really explore based on her scores.... [tags: Career Counseling Case Study]
1766 words (5 pages)
- The Path I'll Take As a child it is immediately installed in our minds that we are expected to become something, and to find a profession we want to do for the majority of our lives. We were, and still are constantly being asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?" and "what is your major?" These are questions you are expected to know, or at least have a general idea about. I was always told how important it is to find a profession that I am good at, that I love, and that I could make a profit with.... [tags: statement of purpose, career choices]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Report Organization The report focuses on two main career choices: Electrical Engineer and Computer Engineer. The report is broken down to main section and the following sub-sections: • Job Responsibilities • Academic Qualifications • Estimated Compensation • Growth Potential The report finalizes with a conclusion the recommendation for the most appropriate career choice for the Michael. The career choice is based on the research found in this report and Michael’s previous career path and future desired goals.... [tags: path, goals, sources, career]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- ... To make better money in a career people can also get their Phd which can take five-ten years, which needs a bachelors degree as well. The length it will take in order to get these degrees can also depend on the college you are attending. Schools around the area that I would be willing to attend for social work would be SJVC which is located in Visalia Ca, CSU Bakersfield, and Fresno State. Other choices that would require me to move out of the area would be California State University Long Beach, San Francisco State University, and California State University San Bernardino.... [tags: education, families and children]
532 words (1.5 pages)
- Introduction: This background report describes the student career planning that can help them to manage their learning and development process. The report focuses on different steps to make a career plan such as knowing yourself, finding out, making decisions and talking action to be the main points in your career plan. Knowing your self is to explore your skills, interests and motivations to set your goals of work and education. The finding out step is to explore the careers, education fields as well as determine your weakness to have variety of options whether in career or learning areas.... [tags: skills, decisions, education]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- ... In Toronto which is the closest to Waterloo, they pay an average wage of $33.59 an hour so that would be a good place to be if you were a dietitian. To have this amazing job, some things you must do. First of all, you have to earn your Bachelors degree in food and nutrition. You must get this degree from one of the universities that have been accepted by Dietitians of Canada (DC). The types of courses that you would need to complete are, basic science (chemistry, biochemistry, physiology, microbiology), social sciences and communications, and profession-related courses, such as food science life cycle, disease specific, community nutrition and food service management.... [tags: health, nutrition, balanced life]
654 words (1.9 pages)
- The Necessity for Career Management in the 21st Century. Many people determine "what they want to be when they grow up" just as soon as they are able to talk, but the truth is, by the time they graduate high school, they change your mind at least five times. When a person first enter high school, their teachers and guidance counselors should explain what classes need to be taken in order to enter college. By the time one reaches their senior year, their career path(s) and a career outline that supports the path should be determined.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1497 words (4.3 pages)
- Changing Career Patterns This project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Department of Education under Contract No. ED-99-CO-0013. The content of this publication does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Education nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. Digests may be freely reproduced and are available at http://ericacve.org/fulltext.as Choi Joon Seo, a 31-year-old Korean who worked as regional marketing manager for Nike in Hong Kong, resigned his job so he could pursue his dream of building his own sports marketing company.... [tags: Jobs Work Essays]
1962 words (5.6 pages)
- Systems Engineer Career The title of Systems Engineer is very widely used and until about 10 years ago, it was only used by individuals with degrees in the engineering field. Today it is used in the Information Technology space to identify individuals who play a technical role in the design, implementation or support of network and or server operations. The title of Systems Engineer is no longer associated with college degrees; it is associated with industry knowledge. The knowledge of an entry level Systems Engineer starts out generalized and at a high level and the responsibilities are also very broad.... [tags: Computer System Science Engineering]
1487 words (4.2 pages)