Eating meat has been an essential component of human diets and throughout the history of humanity. Since our ancestors discovered meat, we have been eating it ever since. It has benefited they human body in many ways beyond just satisfying hunger. It has inspired evolutionary enhancements to our teeth, jaws, mouth, insides, brain and even the tools that we use on a day-to-day basis. These changes are interconnected, thus have made our body more efficient as a whole. It started with the change to our gut. Now that humans had meat to eat, it made our stomach and intestines smaller because we didn’t need a huge vegetable processor anymore. With this change it gave our body more energy so we can exert more energy building a bigger and strong brain. This made our ancestors smarter, and lead to the inventions of the numerous tools we use on a day-to-day basis. An example of one of those tools is the grinder. Your t...
... middle of paper ...
...org" ProCon.org. 16 Apr. 2014. Web. 19 May. 2014.
U.S Department of Commerce. "USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau."USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau. US Census Bureau, 27 Mar. 2014. Web. 17 May 2014.
"Fact: Meat Is Good For You." OpposingViews.com. Opposing Views, 26 Sept. 2008. Web. 19 May 2014.
Mitchell, Peter. "Bad Effects of Vegetarianism on Pregnancy."LIVESTRONG.COM. LIVESTRONG.COM, 25 Feb. 2014. Web. 19 May 2014.
Chirkova, Yelena. "Vegetarianism Is Lethal Danger for Pregnant Women."English Pravda.ru. Pravda.ru, 18 Nov. 2009. Web. 19 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Paul McCartney, an animal activist and member of the English band The Beatles, sums up the benefits of vegetarianism by saying, “Vegetarians take care of so many things in one shot: ecology, famine, cruelty.” In general, a vegetarian is a person who does not eat meat. According to an article in the health portion of Brown.edu, a website published by the Ivy League research university Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, there are three main forms of vegetarianism: vegan (“total vegetarians”), “lactovegetarian,” and “lacto-ovovegetarian” (“Being”).... [tags: Eating Habits, Vegan, Vegetarian]
1818 words (5.2 pages)
- “Animals are my friends...and I don't eat my friends.” (George Bernard Shaw). In Life of Pi, Yann Martel shows the change of pi beginning as a vegetarian and ending as a carnivore during his time on the boat. Pi’s experience on the boat interfered with his vegetarian diet, he learned that the only way to survive was to make major sacrifices. Pi’s love for animals and his childhood life lead him to become a vegetarian. Pi grew up as a strict vegetarian, his parents and everyone he knew were vegetarian, to be fair, the whole region he lived in was vegetarian.... [tags: vegetarian, survive, sacrifices, animals]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- “I always knew that becoming a vegetarian would help prevent cruelty to animals but I was not aware of the environmental consequences of a meat-eating diet.” writes Lillie Ogden, a writer for the popular recipe magazine, Vegetarian Times. The first part of her statement, about “cruelty to animals” is a familiar argument, and generally the one that surrounds the case for adopting a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle. However, this exhausted argument is ineffective in actually changing anyone’s eating habits.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Greenhouse gas, Natural gas]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- Yasaman Fares 10/21//2015 * Vegetarian* Paper #3 A little less than two years ago, in a very huge, crowded and popular steak house in Atlanta, Georgia, I was in a defiant mood and I said to my boyfriend that "I could never become a vegetarian in my life." I can remember that night and our conversation as clearly as if it happened last night. Three weeks later after seeing a personal page on Instagram I was strong enough to change my mind, and decided to be a vegetarian.... [tags: Nutrition, Hamburger, Vegetarian cuisine, Veganism]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Statement: Vegetarians face issues with their diet in regards to building muscle and strength, but are able to build muscle and have the right amount of nutritional food just as well as meat eaters when adequate nutrition and exercise is applied. Vegetarians face issues with their diet in regards to building muscle and strength but can build muscle just as well as meat eaters when adequate nutrition and exercise is applied. Nutritional concerns that vegetarians might face include protein, creatine, iron, zinc and vitamin b12.... [tags: vegetarians, muscle, strength, iron]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- ... When dinner rolls around, we usually go out because I am very lazy and do not want to make two different dinners and then hand wash everything afterwards. My husband is much older and is very set in the idea that the woman must cook and clean. Well I do my best at both, but I do not want to make his meals every night and then do the dishes (we do not have a dishwasher). So, we go out to eat because I do not want to cook all the time. We did some research to find out what we spend the most money on...other than the business, the most money goes to us eating out or going to the grocery store.... [tags: Nutrition, Meal, A Great Way to Care, Dinner]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- According to Dr. T. Colin Campbell, “No chemical carcinogen is nearly so important in causing human cancer as animal protein”. There are nine categories of vegetarianism which include many different diets such as vegan, raw food and macrobiotic diets (ProQuest). The different categories of vegetarianism from which you can choose depend on your body type and lifestyle (Preyss Pro). Not being a vegetarian can lead to obesity, illness and harm to animals. These problems can be solved by more vegetarian foods being served in public places.... [tags: Health, Vegeterian Diet, Meat Eaters, Illness]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- In today’s fast-paced, modern and practical society people are becoming more health conscious. This includes trying to choose the best available options for a beneficial lifestyle. Exotic Greek salads, fresh fruit juices, delicate tofu preparation, smelly grilled vegetables, creamy grains soups, moisten carve soufflés, and so much more are common elections for meals for many people. They are becoming more concerned these days about the increasing health risks of a meat-based diet.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Cardiovascular diseases kills thousands of Americans each year; however, this type of disease exists in lower numbers in vegetarians than it is in nonvegetarians. Some of them do it to change their eating habits, which is overall a good and healthy action to make. Moreover, the change in food intake that they consume helps them lose weight, which is another reason vegetarianism is given a try. With this being said, individuals that consume more plant based foods have a lower probability to become obese and are at lower risk to get health threatening diseases.... [tags: Nutrition, Meat, Eating, Coronary artery disease]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Vegetarians Growth problems. Animal population problems. Disease. These are all problems caused by being a vegetarian, that is, one who only eats vegetables. There are different degrees of being a vegetarian. To one extreme, is a person who eats nothing associated with animals (no yogurt, ice-cream, or even anything that has come in contact with meat or another animal). The opposite are those who just eat vegan most of the time and will still eat animal bi-products. Then there are others who are in between.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- Things Drug Dealers and Misfits Can Teach You About Business
- Bulgaria's Foreign Trade with Chocolate
- Arts Classes Should Be Mandatory for Schools.
- Role of the World Trade Organization in Multilateral International Trade: An Evaluation.
- Evaluating Every Aspect of Oil Spills and The Actions that Followed It
- The Global Financial Crisis and Its Impact