The two programs that I chose to observe and fill out the PAS evaluation tool on are Naples Christian Academy and The Learning Center. Both of these programs are quality programs according to the PAS evaluation tool. Both programs are licensed by the state of Florida. They both scored an average PAS score of 6 or above on the PAS. Both administrators have over 10 years of experience in a preschool program. The two schools employ teachers with BS degrees. The staff-child ratio in each program is low. The teachers in both programs receive staff education and specialized training. They both have variables that are consistent with a quality program. However, for my final internship I believe the best program for me is Naples Christian Academy.
Naples Christian Academy serves children from pre-k 3 through 8th grade. NCA is a Blue Ribbon School. They received this award in 2007. The Blue Ribbon School Award is the highest award granted by the Department of Education. NCA is ACSI and SACs accredited. NCA’s preschool program is ...
... middle of paper ...
...wish to achieve and will help you to achieve those goals. Furthermore, according to our textbook, “the quality of childcare is related to specific variables.” Staff education, teacher education and specialized training are some of the variables that our textbook talks about. The teacher I have chosen to do my internship has all of these variables.
In summary, I feel Naples Christian academy is a good fit for my final internship. It is not only a quality school but they also have quality teachers. The school strives to provide a quality program for children, families and staff. I know I will be able to achieve my goals with the mentorship I will and have received from NCA teachers and staff. I feel the mentoring teacher I have chosen will provide me with the help I need to achieve my ultimate goal of getting my teacher certification in pre-k through 3rd grade.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everyone has his or her own first day of kindergarten experiences. Some might have been more memorable while others still trying to forget. Mine was merely an observance and evaluation period. After I gave my mother a kiss goodbye, and placed my belongings in the cubbyhole I was ready to learn, but unfortunately the majority of the other students were not. Considering one can not get too accomplished over many loud high-pitched cries, I was forced to be patient and suffer silently from boredom.... [tags: essays research papers]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- ... In this study the selected participants sample were female. The most important issues identified by the participant are: - 1. Planning and preparation time 2. Find resources to help the family 3. Information sharing with family 4. Visits their home EVALUATION Autism children can be educated. The uniqueness of the learning patterns is caused by the inability in cognitive information processing. These disabilities can be overcome by providing a structured learning programmed and encourage stimulation.... [tags: public schools, school settings]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- The educational system in the United States has not always provided comparable education to students with disabilities. Not until 1975, when congress passed the Education for All Handicapped Children Act in 1975, were public school systems were required to provide “free and appropriate” education to children with disabilities. This law is currently referred to as Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 (IDEA). These laws provide a legal precedence to ensure students with disabilities receive special education services (Hallahan, Kauffman & Pullen, 2012, p.... [tags: disabilities, academic achievements]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Assessment is one of those words that have multiple meanings, but for this purpose, it is a process that evaluates what the learner knows, understand and how they utilized the obtained knowledge. Assessment can be formative or summative. Formative assessments are those evaluations that are administered at the beginning or during the program. However, this form of testing allows for the monitoring of learning progress during instruction. Summative, on the other hand, is of a comprehensive nature and is given at the end of a course or unit of instruction.... [tags: Evaluation Process, Formative, Summative]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- Finding the Inner-Being Young: An evaluation on Saint Patrick Catholic School At first glance, one might think how children could be taught in a one-wing school, but this just adds to the close, family-like setting that Saint Patrick Catholic School in Bryan, Ohio offers. Saint Patrick Catholic School offers an education to students in grades as young as three-year old preschool up through eighth grade. From the first step in the door, students and their families feel as if they have found their second home.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, School]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- You are to identify a social issue and research on at least 3 social programs or efforts that try/tried to address this issue. For each program, you should look at: - Facts of the program (NPO, beneficiaries, country or region of efforts) - Objective(s) of program - Whether the program has meet its objective(s), and how far are they away from it - Evaluation of the success of the program According to the 2013 factsheet for the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDG), enrolment in primary education in developing regions reached 90 per cent in 2010, up from 82 per cent in 1999, which means more kids than ever are attending primary school.... [tags: Evaluating Three Social Programs]
3030 words (8.7 pages)
- ... While reviewing the SOL results, the researchers then compared students in the program to all students. Finally, by plotting the surveys and checklist scores, the researchers can find trends over time and compare scores from the beginning of the school year to the end of the school year. Decisions and Suggestions Based on the PAAS tool, the evaluators do seem to make valid suggestions. These suggestions, also based on the data collection, offered results which suggest that the overall result of the evaluation was the DPR Summer Camp Program successfully addressed the youth development outcomes arranged out by the DPR.... [tags: Evaluation, Assessment, Program, Education]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- 3) EVALUATION STRATEGY AND APPROACH Given the scale and scope of the CRC programs, i.e. the large number of participating communities, the overall evaluation goal is to empower participating communities to perform their own evaluations in becoming cardiac ready communities. Thus, the evaluation strategy consists of providing the participating communities with resources (e.g. evaluation manuals) and technical assistance needed to enable ongoing self-assessment. The evaluation approach for CRC is grounded in system thinking.... [tags: Evaluation, Program evaluation, Evaluation methods]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- I am finding the more I learn about the different programs the more fascinating they become. My daughter just finished a VPK program that is offered to all children in Florida the year before the begin kindergarten. This is voluntary preschool and is under the universal preschool umbrella. This is a half day program, I quickly realized she was doing more in preschool than I did when I was in kindergarten and working in a kindergarten classroom the lessons she was learning and the lessons I was currently teaching often overlapped.... [tags: Early childhood education, Kindergarten]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- Description of the Evaluation Program For this reflection paper I chose to look back at my first year as an elementary school assistant principal and the training and experience I had with the teacher evaluation process. The year was 2004 and during the first month of school I was assigned to participate in a three day training session on how to observe and assess teachers using the Formative Observation Data Instrument (FODI) and the Formative Observation Data Analysis (FODA) forms. I attended this training with six other new assistance principals from schools within the district.... [tags: Teacher Evaluation ]
1953 words (5.6 pages)