Goodwill Career Connections in Asheville, North Carolina helps community members overcome barriers to employment. Career Connections (CC) has four staff members, and I acted as the BSW intern. Staff members work with clients on job applications and resumes in a computer lab. An average of about 30 clients per day uses CC.
Assessment of Client System and Community Resources
CC is a well-known organization and a hub for the community. Staff connects many unemployed, low-income clients to resources in the community. CC partners with local agencies to provide food, housing, and clothing to those in need. CC also connects with transportation, drug rehabilitation, and prison transition services in the area
A large non-profit model, CC does not rely on outside sources for funding. Goodwill 's retail outlet sells used goods at discounted prices. The profits from the retail outlet fund CC. The retail outlet hires many CC clients, but CC staff only help with applications, they do not hire.
Assessment of My client
Danielle Evans entered CC for help with a job application to the retail outlet of Goodwill. Danielle, a transgender female, went through a basic computer lab orientation before using CC. Danielle was in a group of ten in orientation and was visibly uncomfortable throughout. She was shy, stood at the back of the group, and was hesitant when asking questions.
Identification of Key Players
James is a white heterosexual male in his mid 40 's and is Christian. James is a full-time Career Specialist; he helps clients in the with job applications and resumes. Married with four children,
he needs his job to support his family. James does not have a college degree, is hard working, and frie...
... middle of paper ...
...em would attack their entire existence.
Many levels of influence shape the boys club 's behaviors (Cite). Individually they are conservative middle-aged men. Interpersonally their family groups and social groups consist of heterosexual conservative people. Institution, community, and policies all shape these men 's beliefs (cite). They live in a conservative state and work at a Christian founded organization. The dilemma with Danielle is occurring while North Carolina 's debate over bathroom laws.
Lack of exposure to transgender populations shapes members of the boys clubs ' social identities. Without exposure, these staff jokes about populations different than their own (cite). Their community, institution, and state policy all encourage heterosexism and conservative beliefs. Larger systems explain discrimination against Danielle; she was abnormal to the boys club.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The vignette I decided to choose was the 30-year-old female of African American descent. After reading the vignette, I had several questions that popped into my head that really depend on how I worked with the client. Working with court-mandated client automatically makes me ask what documentation will the courts want, what are the courts looking for, and who should I be talking to in regards to the case or rather who can I talk to in regards of the case. It is not a typical client. On first meet, I would make sure to do a basic introduction.... [tags: Domestic violence, Violence, Assault, Child abuse]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer system plays an important role in solving human problem in their daily life. There are standard steps in order to develop information system called System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SDLC is the framework available to build a complete system. There are five phases in SDLC which are planning, analysis, design, coding, testing and maintenance (refer to Figure 1 in Appendix 1). The first phase in SDLC is planning. In this phase, the potential system development project is identified. Project manager summarizes all strength and weakness that possible to occur using their professional skills (Hoffer, George, & Valacich, 2008).... [tags: Information Systems, Software]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- It was a warm August night in Baltimore when police found the bodies of three teenage boys gunned down outside a playground. One of the teens was Franklin Morris a seventeen-year-old frequently suspend from school and left to his own vices. His mother concerned about the direction he was heading reached out for help. A counselor suggested a deterrence program aimed a scaring him straight. At fourteen years old Franklin was featured on the A&E network show Scared Straight.(Cable) A television show that follows around trouble juveniles while they tour and experience the hardened criminal world of prisons, hoping to deter them from the prison system.... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Evidence-based medicine]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- ... OMH’s time management software developed to run with earlier releases of Internet Explorer (IE) is incapable of running with the more recent releases. How Legacy Systems and the Lack of Skilled Implementers Hired or Contracted to Modernize Legacy Systems or Architectures May Pose a Security Risk NASCIO’s 2008 national survey on legacy systems and modernization in the states ranked the soaring percentage of staff near retirement as one of the chief obstacles to modernize legacy systems (NASCIO, 2008).... [tags: applications, mainframe, programs]
1819 words (5.2 pages)
- In Review: (Feedback on core responsibilities, transformational activities, strengths, adherence to HR values, demonstration of critical HR competencies, and analysis of barriers to success) You have completed the six months initial probation period. Congratulation. You jumped right into your role as an Employment Advisor. The functionality of UACT was not a problem for you; you learned quickly how to operate the system, post positions, assist department with changes and trouble shooting for applicants.... [tags: Evaulation]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- An Enterprise Backup Solution Content 1 Situation Analysis 3 2 Objective 3 3 Situation Fact 3 4 Options 4 4.1 Option # 1: Veritas Netbackup 4 4.2 Option # 2: Legato Networker 5 4.3 Option #3: Commvault Galaxy 7 4.4 Enterprise Backup Solution – Evaluation Analysis 8 4.5 Summary of options available 11 4.6 Updated analysis of Legato Networker subsequent to inclusion of Visual Storage Resource Migrator and Alphastor 11 5 Recommendation 17 1 Situation Analysis This document was prepared to analyze the current backup environment and prepare an action plan, for the Ridgefield location regarding the incor... [tags: Evaluation Analysis Networks Essays]
3830 words (10.9 pages)
- Team Evaluation System Because college teams are composed of individuals who come from many various backgrounds, educational level, and cultures, it is always a challenging task to implement a rating system that not only provides a sense of fairness and equity but, also helps ensure the success of the team. Team 1 has developed a system comprised of meaningful metrics which allows all members to assess how well a team member is performing. The results will be used to improve quality, increase efficiency, and enhance overall productivity.... [tags: Evaluation, Assessment, Work ethic]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- In almost every part of life there are demands and challenges that need to be met, and in saying that those demands and challenges are usually unavoidable. In health care one major challenge is communicating with other professionals, whether it be physicians, specialists, other nurses, or anybody else who needs to be involved in patient care, there are always barriers that will come up when collaborating. In itself, it is important to look at how effective the communication and collaboration is within the health care system.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Late Entry CM normally meets with the client every Wednesday for face to face meeting. Last Wednesday, September 14, 2016, client was no show. On 9/15/2016, client walks into the social services and CM completed Bi-Weekly ILP Review and obtains more information to complete initial psychosocial evaluation. At about 11am, client walks in the social services office to complete psychosocial evaluation and bi-weekly ILP Review. CM observed that the client had bruises and scratches in her face. CM inquires what happened, client become emotionally teary and mention to this writer she was jumped by two unknown female yesterday.... [tags: Transgender, Gender, Gender identity, Gender role]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- The evaluation was summative and internal, as information was collected by school administration and researchers. There are many advantages of operating an internal evaluation, such as having knowledge of the program and the people and possessing the historical and environmental awareness. Other benefits could include extended support and swifter start-ups (Fitzpatrick, Sanders, & Worthen, 2011). Data Collection Methods Information was collected through tests and teacher and mentor observations.... [tags: Evaluation, Assessment, Program, Education]
842 words (2.4 pages)