This document has been prepared based on the information and knowledge that I have gained via my interactions with Human Options team members, review of the organizational website, annual reports, documentations and the advertised job profile of Case Management Supervisor. Some of the aspects detailed will undergo a change, in the face of actual data.
• As a Case Management Supervisor, I would aim to gain an understanding, refining or defining, as the case may be, the core measurement metric for the effective performance of Human Options. A clear measurement metric would comprise of numerical goals, in addition to certain non-numerical goals which are all derived from data analysis. Some of the numerical goals could be as follows:
a. What percentage of domestic abuse survivors reach out to Human Options?
b. Of the individuals who have experienced violence and who reach out to Human Options, how many are enrolled for the 30-days Emergency Shelter program?
c. Of the cases enrolled for the 30-days program, how many transition to the 6 months transitional housing program?
d. Of all cases enrolled for the transitional housing program, how many go on to acquire permanent housing? (Measure of rehabilitation in all probability is a non-numerical metric)
Of the above listed and more relevant metrics derived from the data analysis, we can identify the key metrics that define and determine the success stragegies and programs of Human Options.
• The key metrics would always be an outcome, caused by many factors such as resource availability, organizational systems, financial capability, employee performance and so on. My role as a supervisor is to attain a state of optimum pertaining to these factors, through continuous and...
... middle of paper ...
a. Promote best practice research by creating communication avenues to share important information, implementation issues and or discuss promising practices via a local community web resource calendar.
b. Engage and educate the community. Also provide opportunities for direct client or community member feedback and welcome community particiaption in orgnizational and program level policy discussions and implementation.
c. Secure commitment and engagement from key stakeholders by hosting a strategic planning session to review and assess the existing system of service provision.
d. Strengthen communication with partners and stakeholders like donors by sending reports ( like planned vs actual) which will help in increasing visiblity and fortifying trust amongst us
• All the above tasks need to be performed consistently, and for a sustained period of time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Performance management has grown in importance in the Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) field due to an increase in the expected level of employee accountability. Performance levels affect compensation, goal setting, training and development, succession, administrative action and appraisal, therefore a successful review plan is essential for a smoothly functioning organization (Maylett, 2009, p. 52). Performance review allows for strategic decision-making regarding employee advancement, retention, and separation, while providing insight into career planning (Pynes, 2013, p.... [tags: Human resource management, Employment, Evaluation]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Five Selected Construction Supervisor Competencies (Hardison, Behm, Hallowell, and, Fonooni, 2014) 1) Creating efficient communications between the supervisor and workers This skill is essentially important for the front site supervisor because a positive communication between the foreman and the worker obviously can create a great safety and health information conveyed in the safety training. Indeed, when the safety manager clearly and precisely express the regulations and steps of construction safety to the employees, the percent of risks for unsafe working condition as well as job hazard would be significantly reduced.... [tags: Construction, Occupational safety and health]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- Helga you have a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of all of policies, procedures, statues and regulations of DHSS and you demonstrate your understanding of police through the directions and guidance that you give to your team. You continue to help your team identify protective needs of the clients we serve as well as assist them with plan of action which demonstrates your knowledge of your job and the requirements to successfully complete a protective service case. You make appropriate referrals to the Rev Team and Assessors team when care plan changes are needed on a protective services case.... [tags: Completeness, Management]
1612 words (4.6 pages)
- It is well established reality that organisations in the world today can no longer survive without focusing on their employees. If they have to be at the competitive edge they have to invest in human resource, and placing their employees on top priority. This notion has lead to the strategies that, most organisations are pursuing through employee management. To achieve the optimum performance from employees organisations must motivate their employees, and have to engage them in activities that will benefit and help employees in achieving their predetermined goals and objectives.... [tags: Business Management ]
2039 words (5.8 pages)
- Introduction Every organization faces a shortage of resources including skilled human resources. This necessitates the emphasis on performance so that organizations can hire as few employees as possible while raising performance to the highest possible levels. Contemporary managers have the task to raise employee motivation so as to raise employee performance. This means that managers have to provide timely performance feedback so as to give direction to employees. Performance feedback is not a one-off issue but is a critical constituent in the continuous enhancement of contemporary workforce improvement (Anseel, Lievens, & Schollaert, 2009, p.... [tags: human resource management strategies]
3118 words (8.9 pages)
- In this paper, I will write my answers to questions pertaining to Case 7, Mary Corey and Case 16, Kathy’s temper. These found in the textbook The Management Training Tool Kit. Mary Corey Mary Corey employed by Statewide Services Corporation as a customer support specialist recently completed her fourth year of employment. She had always received high performance evaluations. However, for her last evaluation she received a less than satisfactory rating. Helen Rowe, who was Mary’s supervisor decided to look over Mary’s records to see what could have cause such a falloff in production and attendance.... [tags: Drug addiction, Drug abuse]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- Management individuals successfully in expansion projects are an ability that requires consistent arranging and improvement. Like in the case of the construction management, a lot is required of a person to ensure that the best is achieved in the general outcome of the task at any given level. An augmentation program director can be characterized as the individual who is vested with formal power over an association or one of its sub units. He or she has status that prompts to different interpersonal relations, and from this comes access to data.... [tags: Construction, Project management]
1271 words (3.6 pages)
- CASE #2 COMPENSATION DILEMMAS Case no 1. In general, everyone who has a job has to be treated equally and has to get payed equally without any discrimination, based on gender, ethnic background, color or age. This is guaranteed by the Equal Pay act and Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Different states have different compensation practices. While in US you can negotiate related to your compensation with the employer, in other states, especially in those underdeveloped countries, the compensation criteria’s are fixed and any employee cannot negotiate related to compensation (especially in public sector).... [tags: Employment, Money, Labour economics]
1066 words (3 pages)
- The company’s management entails formulation of the objective and putting them to practical implementation while taking the available considerations into considerations. Additionally, the management focuses on the development and formulation of policies that aim at achieving the set objectives(Chand, 2012). Therefore, the managers and the supervisors adopt formidable models and frameworks to help develop appropriate decisions that favor competitive and productive environment. Many times the management utilize varieties of strategies to minimize the losses while improving the efficiency and productivity(Ingham, 2007).... [tags: Better, Improve, Adoption, Work]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- User requirements will allow the WASP barcoding system to improve its inventory management, shipping logistics, manufacturing processes, and customer service communication. Current manufacturing processes will need to be modified in order to support the proposed changes to the Inventory Management and Control segment, while minimizing impact to employees and customers. And the proposed enhancements to the Inventory Management and Control segment that need to be supported by the WASP barcoding system will be Raw Material Receiving, Manufacturing with Inventory, Final Product Shipping.... [tags: Case Study, Business, Analysis, solution]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- The General Psychiatric Symptoms Of Schizophrenia
- The Issue Surrounding The Cost Of College Tuition
- Management And Supervision Of Human Resource Management
- Shootings, Violence, And Violence
- The Legal Age For Drinking Alcohol Should Stay The Same
- Inside Amazon : Wrestling Ideas Of A Bruising Workplace By Jodi Kantor And David Streitfeld