Nursing at HVSH is involved in the review, action planning, and evaluation of patient safety in a continuous process of improvement regarding patient safety and satisfaction. Guided by patient safety data when in transit, the DMC upgraded the patient tracking system in June of 2012. Initiation of the state of the art Teletracking XT software program allows staff to track the location of patients before, during, and after tests and procedures. Additionally, Teletracking XT assists in bed placement upon admission and alerts staff regarding isolation precautions or other pertinent patient attributes. The ensuing result helps to ensure the safety of both patients and staff. Patient flow management ensures that patients are placed correctly upon admission - meaning fewer inpatient moves within the building and better continuity of care. Providing safe, timely, effective, and efficient care is a priority for nursing at HVSH.
Prior to Teletracking XT, communication regarding bed placement occurred by telephone. Unit population numbers were available, but not always accurate regarding patient discharge times. The unit profile regarding the location of patients having off-unit tests or procedures was on a paper log filled out by transportation. Necessary communication between nursing and transportation meant that transportation had to find the nurse for a short report on how to transport and what isolation precautions were necessary. Additionally, patients with more than one test would often come back to the unit only to leave again for another test possibly in the same are...
... middle of paper ...
...taught to all existing staff members between February and April of 2012. Different uses of Teletracking XT require more or less access given by our in-house administrator and manager of transport, Matt Mc. Matt maintains the systems access, employment changes and monitors the paging system that alerts the units to an admission order. Jodie maintains and tweaks the protocols that our staff follows.
Teletracking XT uses an electronic notification to convey communication between requestor and transporter. When a test or discharge occurs, Teletracking XT creates a request, and prioritizes a list of transport needs. A transporter is notified using a pager and dispatched from any area of the hospital to the targeted area. The transporter is able to log information regarding delays or progress regarding transport, and timer activation allows accurate data regarding both.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Data Collection Instruments Data collection is a term used to describe a process of preparing and collecting data. The main purpose of collecting data is to answer questions whose answers are not immediately obvious. Collecting this information is an important part of the process of continual developing and improving quality instruction in the classroom. To collect relative data for any evaluation, instruments are utilized to gather pertinent information. During this formative evaluation on fundamental keyboard instruction, five original instruments were developed to collect relevant data.... [tags: Classroom, Evaluation, Instructional Unit]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- During my professional experience placement, I was placed at Catherine McAuley School in a year 3/4 classroom of 27 students, 10 girls and 17 boys from the ages of 7 to 9 years. The class is quite diverse in culture and learning needs. Three students in the class have low-level ASD and one student has a chromosomal disorder making it difficult to retain information. While I was at Catherine McAuley I was lucky enough to implement two different Mathematics units, one for data representation and interpretation and another for geometric reasoning.... [tags: Assessment, Evaluation, Collaboration]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- “A STUDY ON TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT IN THIRU AROORAN SUGARS PRIVATE LIMTED, THIRUMANDANGUDI” INTRODUCTION: Training is the systematic development of the knowledge, skills and attitudes required by an individual to perform adequately a given task or jobs. Training can involve learning of various kinds and in various situations i.e. on the job, off the job, in the company or outside the company. It can involve the use of many techniques like demonstration, practice, coaching guided reading, lectures, discussions, case studies, role playing, assignments, projects, group exercises, programmed learning, seminars, workshops, games, quizzes etc., These techniques can be deployed by many people,... [tags: assessment, evaluation, success]
2605 words (7.4 pages)
- Historically, it is difficult to document the extent and seriousness of gang delinquency on a national level. (Bookin-Weiner and Horowitz_1983 - The End of the Youth Gang.pdf), particular attention is required to the corner social groups (Whyte, 1943) First, to adress my proposal to study, the most important will be to identify on what we are looking for ( the goal) and to develop the methods ( the steps) toward it 's achivement. In my case of study, the principal goal is related to the Environemental theory of crime and will be designating the most dangerous gangs ' infected area on the map of the city.... [tags: Gang, Sociology, Crime, Mara Salvatrucha]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- During an Evidence Based Practice research project, a crucial step is, to perform a Rapid Critical Appraisal Evaluation(RCAE). Followed by the development of a clinical research question, in this particular case is (PICOT Question): What interventions can be performed by Post Anesthesia Care providers to significantly decrease the incidence of infections in all post-operative patients. In addition, to acquire available and appropriate searchable data, we use two (2) different databases; the National Guideline Clearinghouse and PubMed Clinical Queries.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Public health]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- 1. Overview and evaluation of distribution centre requirements. Throughout the years, there has been a wealthy contribution, regarding the design procedure of a distribution centre. Despite that, there are differences, regarding the number and the content of the steps. Generally, the most commonly described stages are the definition of the business requirements, the analysis of data, the operating methods, the equipment requirements and capacity and the design of the layout (Apple, 1977; Oxley, 1994; Baker & Canessa, 2009; Rushton et al., 2010).... [tags: Supply chain management, Customer service]
2161 words (6.2 pages)
- ... While the maximum lot size and minimum lot size are 1,500 and 300 respectively, based on demand. Figure 1. Base Unit of Measure This shows the different units of measure in which the stock of materials are kept. It is the platform for stock management and evaluation. Units can be measured in either pieces, sheets, kilos and liters. Our aluminum alloy material comes in pieces. MRP Group An MRP Group is an object which can be used to set common control parameters for a group of materials when planning the MRP run.... [tags: materials, products, company, planning]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- There is a purpose in doing performance evaluations, in which it helps management make general human resource decisions. Performance evaluations provide input to help make important decisions such as promotions, transfers and even terminations. Also, could help to identify training and developments they need, as well help develop programs and providing feedback to employees on how they performed on their review. Performance evaluation can help to see who will get merit pay increases and other rewards.... [tags: Business Management ]
1819 words (5.2 pages)
- Discrete wavelet transform has an inherent time-scale locality characteristics which provided an efficient tool for various fields like signal compression, signal analysis, etc. This led to the development of various architectures that implements DWT. The original pixels are highly correlated, thus applying the compression algorithms directly does not provide an efficient compression ratio. Hence, DWT is applied which is a powerful tool to de correlate the image pixels. The 2-D wavelet filters which are separable functions, is implemented first by row-DWT and then column DWT which produces four sub band namely LL, LH, HL and HH in every decomposition level.... [tags: pixels, signal analysis, high speed data]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- Career Planning The evaluation of competencies regarding career planning includes assessing the comprehension of the individual nurse has in regards to their position, the future goals of the nurse, what it will require to meet that goal. Understanding these three components are needed to have a career plan that will pave the way for attaining the goal (AACN, 2006). As a Director of Medical Management, my responsibilities fall into three main categories including clinical oversight, compliance and financial accountability.... [tags: Nurse, Nursing, Florence Nightingale]
1218 words (3.5 pages)