At the beginning of January, Mrs. Jones broke her right ankle, had surgery on it, and she was left with a cast that stretched up to her knee. For the next several weeks, she was at the mercy of family and friends to take her back and forth, for there is no such thing as public transportation in this little town. Feeling desperate and trapped led her to seek out another avenue to get around without having to rely on others for transportation. Having knowledge of the fact that they do have devices for the disabled led her to investigate whether or not this would be a viable choice for someone such as herself. She had concerns over cost, installation, eases of use, and of course, safety. Portable hand controls are an excellent product because they are affordable, easy to use, and, most important of all they are safe.
Portable Hand Controls are an affordable answer to driving if you are unable to drive due to limited or no mobility of your legs or feet. With Mrs. Jones broken ankle, she knew she only needed them temporarily, with knowing that she immediately looked into finding out about the possibilities of buying the Portable Hand Controls. There are several brands and styles to available on the market these days. They are available to purchase either as two single controls or as a pair that is connected. You can find the cost ranging anywhere from $300 and up new; however, you can often find them used and even lower in price over the internet such as on Ebay or Amazon. Another reason this is a great product is that there is no cost for installation or removal.
The ease of use became overwhelming unanimous and convincing after watching numerous videos on You Tube, Google a...
... middle of paper ...
...d the Usage and Safety Assessment on the five most popular brands of hand controls. They tested the hand controls for vibration, environmental, high-cycle tests, braking, accelerating, and corrosion.” All five brands passed as being safe to drive with and use on the streets and highways. If you are interested in finding out information on a specific brand of portable hand controls, it is just as easy as going on a search engine on the internet, typing in whichever brand you are interested in finding out about and ask for reviews.
Mrs. Jones’ findings on the Portable hand controls confirm that they are an excellent product because of their affordability, they are easy to use, and for safety both on the road and environmentally. The Portable hand controls are definitely a great solution for independence when a disability would otherwise hinder you from driving.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Portable instrumentations for field analysis is growing rapidly due to its availability of results, elimination of complications with sample storage and transport, and better cost effectiveness than conventional benchtop analytical systems. Portable analytical instruments need to have compact size, lightweight, robustness, and low power consumption along with automation of operation.1 Capillary electrophoresis (CE) is the separation of a mixture into its components by a strong electric ﬁeld imposed between the two ends of a narrow capillary tube ﬁlled with electrolyte solution, which separated solutions by differences in mobility without the presence of stationary phase.2 With advantageous p... [tags: portable instrumentation for field analysis]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- American stockholders have billions if not trillions of dollars invested in various publicly traded companies throughout the country. With that much money involved, it is only wise that there be control measures and safeguards put into place protect these investments from any unlawful or irresponsible activity. Publicly traded companies are required by law to develop such measures. These measures are often referred to as internal controls. These internal controls exist for two main reasons. One reason being, to keep the employees honest.... [tags: Internal Controls, ]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- “Hand Hygiene and Hand Care in RDH” This article overall purpose is to inform the importance of knowledge and practice of effective hand hygiene and hand care to prevent or reduce cross-contamination from healthcare personnel to patients (HCP). As the article’s author expressed at the introduction “ Healthcare-acquired infections are a major source of illness and death in hospitalized patients, and approximately 20%-40% of these infections are a result of cross-infection via the hands of healthcare personnel” (Eve Cuny 1) Healthcare-acquired infections are by history one of the main causes of death in hospital and healthcare settings, there are many known and investigated causes but the root... [tags: Hygiene, Antiseptic, Hand washing]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Cell phones and other portable electronics are here to stay, becoming more advanced and impressive each day. The way people live and interact with others on a day to day basis is changing thanks to portable electronics, such as cell phones. Portable electronics, however, should be used responsibly, for portable electronics may be just as dangerous as helpful; for instance, one’s behavioral development may become prolonged or poor; one’s mental and physical health may suffer or deteriorate; one’s social skills may become ineffective or weak; and one’s field and sense of surroundings may become impaired.... [tags: Cell Phons, Portable Electronics]
2086 words (6 pages)
- Hand washing is simple, easy, and quick. It prevents the spread of bacteria, especially the spread of diarrheal illness. Washing hands with the use of soap and water before and after any activities (e.g. preparing food, eating, cleaning, treating, using toilet, blowing nose, cough, or sneezing, touching garbage, etc.) is the best prevention a person can do to stay healthy, not only for himself/herself, but also to other people around them. When people wash their hands using soap and water, they are removing germs.... [tags: Hygiene, Hand sanitizer, Hand washing]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Exoskeletons: The New Hand of the New Age The use of robotics was originally created to do precise and repetitive tasks, however an advancement in technology has led to a higher variation of different types of robots. Exoskeletons, for that matter, have become a popular invention for people who have lost function in one or more body parts. The authors from the article, “Development and pilot testing of HEXORR: Hand EXOskeleton Rehabilitation Robot”, state that “impaired hand function is reported as the most disabling motor deficit” (p.**).... [tags: Robot, Robotics, Finger, Hand]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- As of February 2009, Apple, Inc appointed Ernest and Young as their auditors replacing KPMG which audited the books of the company for more than a decade (Madway, 2009). As per the annual report of Apple, the auditor’s report states that both the financial statements and internal controls over the financial reporting have been audited based on the established criteria and the relevant financial reporting standards. The firm states that both financial statements and internal controls over financial reporting are the responsibility of the management.... [tags: Audit, Auditing, Balance sheet, Internal control]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Internal controls are methods and procedures for promoting lawful financial practices in business. Their main purposes are to ensure that assets are properly safeguarded from theft and improper use, as well as to ensure that financial records are accurate and reliable, free from errors and are done in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles. In 2002, congress passed the Sarbanes-Oxley act, this act made it so that Corporations are required to pay closer attention to financial reporting practices and to make sure that their internal controls are working properly.... [tags: Internal Controls, ]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Why is correct hand washing considered deviant. Children in first world countries are taught from a young age that proper hand washing will protect them from germs and the spread of disease (Lather Up For Good Health, 2010; Handy Saves The Day In Your Pre-School, 2014; Scrubclub.org, 2007). It ingrained into the minds of preschool children that one of the most important ways they can prevent contamination is by washing their hands with soap and water. Hand washing is therefore considered to be one of the only forms of defence against disease.... [tags: Hygiene, Hand washing, Washing, Bathroom]
1680 words (4.8 pages)
- An Evolving Relationship in The Circling Hand An evolving mother-daughter relationship is the focus of Jamaica Kincaid s autobiographical The Circling Hand. Like the narrator, Kincaid grew up in Antigua as the only child her mother and carpenter father. Also like the narrator, Kincaid admits her mother kept everything she ever wore. This narrative is a coming of age story, in which this dynamic and unusual mother-daughter relationship plays an important role. Through the beginning bliss of childhood to the frustrating stage of adolescence, this unique relationship, in which the daughter is infatuated with her mother, seems to control the narrator s development as a freethinking... [tags: Circling Hand]
969 words (2.8 pages)