As an aspiring applicant who wishes to enter the field of political risk assessment. This report has been compiled to provide you the information and know-how required to land a position as a political risk analyst with Eurasia Group. First; the concept of political risk will be defined and explored, before illuminating why and how there is a need for corporations such as Eurasia Group to exist. Secondly, as this paper’s goal is to suitably prepare you for a job interview with Eurasia Group, a profile of the firm will be provided, answering the typical questions one asks of any organization: Questions that you as a prospective interviewee, are expected to know. Thirdly, this industry profile assignment will identify and evaluate the direct and indirect competitors of Eurasia Group. Through this comparative lens, a critical assessment of Eurasia Group will be achieved. All in all, with your knowledge and skills, this paper will give you the final piece in your toolkit for a successful interview, and hopeful job placement with Eurasia Group.
”Political risk” as defined by Ian Bremmer refers to “The probability that a political action (or non-action) alters the expected value of a given economic action or the expected outcome of a government policy” . In layman’s terms, one can construe it as how politics influences markets. So why does it matter? Politics has always influenced markets, and vice-versa. However, according to Ian Bremmer, while “[one] can argue about the speed, or the magnitude of the trends that are happening…The fact of the matter is that politics will increasingly matter more to the markets over time”. The four trends he argues are; the increasing amount of energy coming from u...
... middle of paper ...
...modified 2014. http://www.stratfor.com/about.
Stratfor, "Dr.George-Friedman." Last modified 2014. http://www.stratfor.com/about/analysts/dr-george-friedman.
Stratton, Jake. Control Risks, "Control Risks' Political Risk Analysis Capabilities ." Last modified Jan 09, 2012. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwKLhbwTNnk.
Teneo Intelligence, "About Teneo." Last modified 2014.
Teneo Intelligence, "Bios." Last modified 2014.
Teneo Intelligence, "Locations." Last modified 2014.
The PRS Group, "General Information." Last modified 2014. http://www.prsgroup.com/FAQ.aspx.
Vertinsky, Ilan . Sauder School of Business, "Political Risk and Political Risk Assessment - Strategy & Business ." Last modified 2014. strategy.sauder.ubc.ca/vertinsky/baim502/lecture08.ppt.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In order to identify BMW Group’s internal strengths and weakness, here applied strategic capability which combined three keys of resource: tangible resources, intangible resources, and competences. All of these resources enable a company to attain a sustainable competitive advantage (Dess et al, 2010). Tangible Resources are physical and financial assets that BMW uses to create value for the customers. In 2012, BMW’s financial report shows a sharp increase in revenues by 11,7% reaching a total of €76,848 million, instead of €68,821 million recorded in 2011 and with respect to the Group’s earnings, its Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) rose by 3.5%, from €8,018 million in 2011 to €8,300... [tags: audi group, bmw, automotive industry]
2001 words (5.7 pages)
- ... Extent of Competition Demand for pharmaceuticals is primarily driven by the desire to cure illness and disease, and the profitability of an individual company is heavily depended on its ability to discover and market new drugs and its expenditure on R&D activities. Within the industry, large companies benefit from their economies of scale in research, manufacturing, and marketing, while small companies usually compete by specializing in drugs that target one or two particular ailments. The US pharmaceutical preparation industry is highly concentrated since the 50 largest companies account for over 80 percent of the industry’s total revenue.... [tags: proft, drugs, competition ]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of Electrical Contacts for Starter and O.C.B. Carbon Brush, Brush Holder and Slip Ring Unit.// change sequencing, same as about us// Our range is acknowledged for optimum quality, efficiency and durability. We are counted as a prominent manufacturer and supplier of a comprehensive range of Electrical Contacts for Starters, O.C.B. Contacts, Carbon Brushes, Brush Holders, Slip Ring Unit and Flexible Cable. Moreover, we are also a stockist of Relay, Timers, PVC Cables, Copper Wire and Aluminum Wire.... [tags: Business Profile]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our products are precisely engineered and are known for their durability and resistance against pressure and temperature. Backed by the industry experience of 17 years, we are the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our range of products includes Engine Valve Seat Inserts, Ring and Header Work. The high quality valves that we manufacture are known for their resistance against extremely high temperature in the combustion chambers of four stroke engines that use natural gas, L.P.... [tags: Business Profile]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- Industry and Company Profiles Industry: Telephone Communications Brief Reasoning of Choice As a major in Management and Computer Science, the optimal goal is to create a system that provides technology that is convenient, resourceful, and efficient. My main interests are in mobile systems that provide the leading edge in design, functionality, and resourcefulness. A possible professional career of a management and computer science major is in the mobile phone industry. Within this field, a possible area that a management and computer science major may be responsible for is providing a mobile phone with an optimized, consumer friendly system that is available to the any consumer that require... [tags: industry and company profiles ]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- Economic Profile of the Airline Industry Airlines use a formula of combining their yield and inventory costs to determine ticket prices. While it is imperative to focus on the idea of being profitable, the focus is to maximize the cost of the flight revenue. One huge factor that encourages an increase in the cost of tickets relates to a customer ordering a ticket close to the departing date, define this as a risk factor because they need to make up for all unsold seats. A high percentage of the revenue is dedicated to overhead costs such as fuel and labor.... [tags: Business Economic Analysis]
2192 words (6.3 pages)
- Construction industry has long been criticized for its poor performance. After major reports such as Latham (1994) and Egan (1998), major studies are carried out in different procurement routes, management system and technique and construction method. Beyond these, it has been suggested, that ‘softer’ factors such as organisational culture also have a significant impact on performance (Nicolini, 2002). The concept of organisation culture is a popular part of general management since early 1980s.... [tags: Industry]
605 words (1.7 pages)
- YELLOWJACKET CONSULTING Welcome to the YellowJacket Consulting Service Group (YCSG). YCSG was formed in May 2014 by a group of students from LeTourneau University in Longview, Texas with the purpose of providing administrative services for businesses. Diversified by our extensive background in a myriad of fields from accounting to human resource management to information technology to marketing, YCSG is committed to providing the best in business administrative services. Our purpose is to serve the East Texas business community with exceptional and responsive answers to all business needs.... [tags: Business Management]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
The State of Southeastern Conference and Seventh-day Adventist within the Church and Religious Group Industry
- The State of Southeastern Conference and Seventh-day Adventist within the Church and Religious Group Industry Industry Identification “About 270,000 religious congregations in the US have combined annual revenue of $80 billion. Slightly more than 50 percent of Americans belong to a religious congregation. In terms of membership, the largest faiths in the US are Catholic (about 25 percent of the population); Baptist (16 percent); Methodist (7 percent); Lutheran (5 percent); Presbyterian (3 percent); Pentecostal (2 percent); and Episcopalian (2 percent).... [tags: Religious Industry Research]
705 words (2 pages)
- Profile Essays Profile Essays - Grandfather, Grandpa By definition, my grandfather is handicapped. However, he doesn't act as though he is, and he certainly does not want to be treated in any special way. In fact, most of the handicapped people in society do not appreciate being treated in a way different from anyone else. They just want to be accepted as human beings. Some people become handicapped as a result of an accident. Others are born with their disabilities. My grandfather was asleep one night on a Coast Guard cutter when another ship, a destroyer, appeared in the distance.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
415 words (1.2 pages)