... middle of paper ...
...dered an asset. A new product line rolls out, and the company reuses data to form some system model. For instance, the military’s DNA database is routinely examined in criminal searches which is outside the scope and purpose of the database in the first place which is to identify deceased members. Many governments, and many more private companies, are looking for ways to reuse the data they have collected in new ways. Private companies thrive on this as they result in new, and essentially free as they have already paid for the data previously, revenue sources, and the end user is simply left in the dark until one day they are misidentified and potentially sent to prison. Typically the end user does not know about, and perhaps would not agree to, if they knew about this reuse and repurposing. One tool, hopefully championed by lawyers and not developers, is the EULA.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- SaaS - Software as a Service As mentioned above one of the main functions that has allowed Salesforce to become successful is the usage of the Software as a Service (SaaS). This functionality has allowed them to bring services and applications to its customers via the internet instead of through hardware and software. The benefits to the customer of the SaaS model is that the costs for setup and maintenance are very little and for a regular fee they are ensured a product that will be useful and up-to-date.... [tags: Customer service, Customer relationship management]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- To make wireless sensor networks easier to program and exploit, IBM has created a new software development kit — called Mote Runner — which provides an open and programmer-friendly platform to connect sensor and actuator motes within a wireless sensor network (WSN). Motes — also known as wireless sensor nodes — gather sensory information, such as temperature, movement, or light, and communicate that data across a network of wireless sensors. Separately, IBM also announced today that MEMSIC Inc, a leading micro electromechanical systems and sensor solution provider, will offer Mote Runner on IRIS, one of its most popular sensors.... [tags: wireless, sensor, remotely]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- In IT Companies, project which works on software product development face multiple challenges or issues during their entire software life cycle. One of the regular challenges which they face is the different kind or defects or issues in the software they developed or enhanced. These defects or issues are the problems which exist in their software. Normally the issues are unavoidable in any software’s. Even if certain piece of code introduced to fix one issue, the same code might add other defects.... [tags: software product development]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- E.O. Wilson once said, “You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist. The world needs all you can give.” Often times, failure is perceived as a notion to give up. However, it should be exactly the opposite. For instance, in the face of adversity in publishing her books, J.K. Rowling was rejected 12 times before publishing the now multi-million dollar franchise, Harry Potter.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
1408 words (4 pages)
- The personal computer underwent drastic changes with the introduction to advanced computing software and hardware. The evolution of computers did not develop on its own; key influential figures such as Steve Jobs and Bill Gates led the revolution of technology. These well-known individuals competed with each other by continually innovating and creating more and more advanced technology. Computer technology moved forward when Intel created 64-bit technology and advanced kernels to compliment the upgrade in processing power.... [tags: Software, Hardware, Bill Gates, Windows]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- This report will inform you and give you facts on whether BSc (Hons) Computer Science will help you get a placement as “Software Developer”. This report will outline what this placement expects from their staff/applicants; this job expects this will include skills like: Communication and interpersonal skills, self motivated with ability to work on your own initiative, Ability to work as a part of team, Passion to analyzing and problem solving, Keen to learn new technologies Skill needed by the employers in the field To become a software developer it’s important to meet certain requirements that are required by the company.... [tags: Problm-solving , Technology, Analysis]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- "Technology makes it possible for people to gain control over almost everything, except technology." - John Tudor Our mission as Software Developers is to develop technology-based solutions-products that provide both the means and the methods for faster working, better performance and to achieve more. The technologies we develop provide users the control and functionality needed to be more efficient. The Software development field has grown with exponential rate. New products are coming to market daily.... [tags: technology, software developer]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction As the application and the availability of a number of qualitative software analysis tools increase, so does ambiguity that relates to which of the tools should be used amongst the many tend to rise. As evidenced, the role of the different software analysis tools in assisting researchers in the analysis of obtained data is presently getting important. As such, different tools have been developed to carry out analysis of different sets of qualitative data obtained form the field. Thus, the applicability of the available tool depends on its accessibility, the use of use the amount of data that it can handle and its affordability.... [tags: Data analysis, Qualitative research]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Abstractâ€”Automated testing of software optimization data is an important aspect of software quality. To test the quality of the software various test cases should be made for the test. For the evaluation of all aspects of software programs, the number has grown to the test cases quickly. Usually the main objective behind is to uncover as much faults as possible in a limited resources. Here comes the comparison of techniques, techniques which uncover more faults come first and so on. Developing organizations always desire to thoroughly test the software during maintenance phase for the better repute in the market.... [tags: Software ]
3872 words (11.1 pages)
- 1. WHAT IS A SOFTWARE. Programs are set of instructions and software is set of programs that enable a computer to perform specific tasks. There are two kinds of software one is application software another is system software. Application software- these are the software designed for the user side. System software- software like operating system are called system software. Following report is focused on application software. We will be demonstrating the testing on application software. Software designed for e-learning.... [tags: Software testing, Integration testing]
5240 words (15 pages)