Approach to Ethical Decision-Making
The fact of the matter is making decisions about right and wrong impacts every aspect of our lives. As previously stated, ethics plays a significant role in this decision-making process. Ethics recognizes that making right and wrong decisions can be challenging and provides a set of standards for behavior as to proper conduct. To assist decision makers, tools such as decision-making frameworks can be implemented to understand what is ethics, the types of ethical theories and how to apply the theory that works best.
In his article, “Ethical Frameworks for Management”, Kenneth Goodpaster breaks down the different types of ethical theories as well as related ethical frameworks (1983). Brenda can relate to the utilitarianism ethical theory for business, however, she understand there are limits to this theory. This article also supports the establishment of authentic leadership, which is another leadership models Brenda ascribes. “This note introduces the student of management to basic ethical frameworks because such frameworks contribute to managerial practice: effective and responsible decision...
... middle of paper ...
...reedom and equal opportunities are important to Brenda. These ethical approaches can influence how Brenda gets to the point of making the right decision. Therefore the need of using decision-making frameworks will serve to assist Brenda to be the type of leader as defined by Rohn.
In this paper, the discussion focused on the creation and presentation of a personal model of ethical leadership for Brenda Barlow. This paper discussed how this proposed model aligns with Brenda’s values and morals. This paper examined how this model works in Brenda’s organization environment, meets the policies, laws and guidelines that are relevant to Brenda. Additionally, the paper discussed two contemporary leadership models (i.e. ethical leadership) that Brenda identifies with as well as how she can use this model in a global perspective as a leader and student of management basics.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sydnor, Charles S. American Revolutionaries in the Making; Political Practices in Washington 's Virginia. New York: Free, 1965. Print. In American Revolutionaries in the Making, Professor Charles S. Sydnor examines the political structures and processes in Virginia in the latter half of the eighteenth century. His goal is to understand how those structures and processes brought about the large number of highly capable leaders who were important to the formation and leadership of the United States in the revolution and early days of independence.... [tags: Voting, Democracy, Election, Elections]
894 words (2.6 pages)
A Case Of Unauthorized Practice Of Law And A Breach Of The American Bar Association 's Paralegal Codes Of
- Alice and Amber both participated in a severe case of unauthorized practice of law and a breach of the American Bar Association’s Paralegal Codes of Ethics. They did this on more than one occasion while dealing with a case involving a car crash that they witnessed. Amber is a newly licensed practicing Paralegal with the law firm Penrod and Penrod. This means that Amber is bound by the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Paralegal Codes of Ethics as are all practicing and certified paralegals. Alice Penrod is one of the partners of the firm Penrod and Penrod.... [tags: Lawyer, Law, Practice of law, Ethics]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- There are many different areas of law that require practice. Perhaps one of the most exciting areas of law is civil litigation. There are many different kinds of litigation that fall under this category. I would love to work in this area oflaw. As a paralegal I would like to work on the defense side because it can be a very rewarding experience. Although a lot of work from paralegals is required to get a case ready for trial, I think that it could be a very exhilarating experience. If I had to choose between working on the plaintiff or defense 's side I would definitely choose the defense.... [tags: Law, Lawyer, Plaintiff, Pleading]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- The Future of Law: Are You Ready. Due to recent events happening in North Carolina, attorneys are getting a glimpse of what the future. 1. Avvo is offering limited legal services to consumers online. 2. Legal Zoom filed a 10.5-million-dollar antitrust lawsuit against the North Carolina State Bar which was settled last year. Part of the consent order that resulted from that lawsuit requires both parties to “mutually support and use best efforts” to pass House Bill 436. HB436 will further define the “practice of law.” Companies like Legal Zoom and Avvo have increased their market share through the use of technology to meet the needs of consumers in a different way.... [tags: Lawyer, Law, Innovation, Practice of law]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Nurse Residency Programs are one way to make nursing practice safer for the patient and to keep nurses from leaving the practice. The Affordable Care Act will increase the number of patients receiving medical care over the next several years. We, as a nation, will need adequate numbers of nurses to fill the void. Many hospitals and universities are constructing nurse residency programs to meet that need. The designation of these programs is to increase knowledge, confidence and job satisfaction of new graduate nurses in their first year of practice.... [tags: health, nursing practice]
2247 words (6.4 pages)
- The claim that Jacinta has sent in regards to Gordon’s inappropriate and incompetent actions as her solicitor, raises the question of whether or not Gordon was acting in the best interests of his client or whether he was acting for his own benefit. The questions that need to be asked are whether her claim was submitted in accordance with the legislation, was Gordon in fact in breach of any legislation regarding legal practitioners in New South Wales (NSW), what actions could be taken by the Legal Services Commissioner(LSC) and what other actions could Jacinta take in relation to her claim against Gordon.... [tags: Lawyer, Law, Practice of law, Bar association]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Despite the many economic and societal benefits associated with being a lawyer, such as wealth and prestige, scholarly literature reports that many lawyers are dissatisfied with practicing law. Current attorneys, former lawyers, law professors, and law students debate the various reasons for this lack of satisfaction. Certain scholars attribute low satisfaction to the increasingly high demands placed on legal professionals after entering practice, while others believe the lack of satisfaction is due to pessimistic attitudes promoted inside and outside of legal culture.... [tags: Law, Lawyer, Practice of law, Paralegal]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- A law office director or otherwise called a lawful overseer is such an essential part for the law office. The lawful overseer Oversees business capacities and additionally the general operations of a law office. Reports to the overseeing accomplice, administration panel or Administrator of the Board, and takes an interest in administration gatherings. Notwithstanding broad obligation regarding money related arranging and controls, work force organization, and frameworks and physical offices, the lawful manager distinguishes and gets ready for the changing needs of the association, offers obligation with the fitting accomplices or proprietors for vital arranging, hone administration and adver... [tags: Law, Lawyer, Practice of law, LAW]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- There is no law on personal decision making. People have the legal right to make their own health care decisions in most cases. However, poor health can jeopardize people 's ability to exercise their legal rights. Practicing all these rights requires advance thinking and planning. Sudden or chronic illness can cause weakness and confusion. This makes people vulnerable and can lead to the unwilling loss of pride and their dignity. By conducting a personal record with documentation that is stated wishes, which are filed and put into your medical records.... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Pregnancy, Childbirth]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES Brussels, 5.6.2002 COM(2002) 275 final COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION European Governance: Better lawmaking . .. 2 Accountability, effectiveness, proportionality In July 2001, the Commission presented its White Paper on European Governance. The basic message was a simple one and is as topical now as it was then: we need to govern ourselves better, together – European institutions and Member States. We can do this without changing the Treaty, without necessarily wait ing for the successful outcome of a new intergovernmental conference.... [tags: essays research papers]
2601 words (7.4 pages)