“Oh my god he’s firkin crazy I think!” I was still shaking my head at my phone.
Sarah laughed, “He’s possessive, he’s jealous, and he’s your professor. That’s three strikes right there Harley.”
I didn’t go over to his house that night, instead, Sarah and I made supper and watched HGTV’s show House Hunters. We would each try to figure out which house the couple would end up buying but most of the time we were both guessed wrong. Hunter didn’t text me anymore that night either, thankfully. I was mad at him and still had to figure out how I was going to end things with him.
Monday at class Hunter wouldn’t look at me, which was fine with me. I had re-read his messages and was again fuming mad at him.
Tuesday just after the bell sounded for us to dismiss I was just about to leave class when he stopped me. “Ms. Russell a word please.” I took a deep breath and weaved my way back to his desk. He walked past me to the door and shut it then he walked back over to his desk and leaned against it. The silence in the room was tense and the stare he was giving me made me want to run out of the room.
“I really need to get to my next class.” I told him.
“No, what you really need to do is fucking talk to me.”
“Hunter there’s a time and place for us to talk…school is neither.” I turned to walk out.
“Don’t fucking walk away from me!” whisper shouted and turned me around forcefully by my upper arm. Then his lips were on mine, his hands cupped my face, his teeth biting into my bottom lip. When he finally pulled away we were both breathing heavy, “Never walk away from me.” He told me.
“I have to go…”
“Meet me at the coffee shop after your last class, we are going to talk Harley.”
... middle of paper ...
...ed, he knew that he had me flustered, “Later babe.”
I decided that since it was my birthday weekend, that Sarah and I would go shopping so I could find something new to wear. She showed up about twenty minutes after I did. “You’re not going to believe what I was offered today. I’m not sure if I should be insulted or if the guy is actually serious.”
“Okay?” I motioned for her to keep talking.
“I was offered a free boudoir photo session. Some random dude at the mall stopped me outside the fabric store. He gave me a business card and kept telling me how beautiful I am.”
“Sarah! That’s awesome, you have to do it! You are beautiful! When does he want to do them? Wait…first we should Google him and make sure he’s not some creeper murder type dude.”
“Exactly. I’ll only do it if you do it with me. Well not like, in the pictures with me but if you can go with me.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I frantically scramble through all of the mountain high papers that clutter my desk and dresser. “Please please please where are you. Lillie!” I yell, while practically throwing my entire workplace on the floor. “Lillie!” I yell her name just as she appears in the doorway of my room. Her normally bright blues go from irritated to shocked in a nanosecond as she takes in the state of my room, which looks as if the Tasmanian devil has just gone through it. “What the hell are you doing?” She asks, baffled.... [tags: English-language films, Black-and-white films]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- “What the hell you got, 1968, that makes you so damn superior, and gives me such a headache?!”(MacDermot,Rado & Ragni). The quote is from Hair the musical, which premiered on Broadway in April 1968, the same year that The Beatles was released. A young person in 1968 had a lot of things on her mind. People around her were being drafted to fight in what many believed to be an unjust war, and the hope for revolution seemed to be resulting in a difficult fight. Freedom, Peace, and Love were being campaigned and the Beatles were no exception to the rule.... [tags: George Harrison, The Beatles, John Lennon]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- From September sixteenth to the eighteenth In 1982 Christian Phalangists entered into the Sabra and Shatila Palestinian refugee camps in west Beirut and massacred 1,800 refugees (Shen; Siegel; Turbi). Ellen Siegel, working as a nurse in a hospital in the Sabra camp, remembers one particular event on the evening of Thursday, September sixteenth, “A few other health-care workers and I climbed to one of the top floors of the hospital…We watched for a time as flares were shot in to the air, brightly illuminating different part of the camp” (Siegel 92).... [tags: Documentary]
2513 words (7.2 pages)
- One of the biggest questions of mankind hovers over many people, and yet, some individuals chose to ignore the fact that the question even exists. Whether a person goes to church every Sunday, or doesn’t attend church at all, the person is still responsible for knowing whether or not they will go to heaven or hell. Many misconceptions are flowing around the minds of people across the world about what gets you into heaven. The drama Heaven’s Gates and Hell’s Flames is based on an evangelical interpretation of the Gospel, and presents the message that one must believe in Jesus in order to be saved and go to Heaven, or face eternal punishment in Hell.... [tags: Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames, theatre, religio]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- Cayden Ring Ring Ring “How the hell did you get a contract with Nike!” Ezra yelled into my ear once I picked up the phone. “Man, I have no clue they called me last week for a meeting and when I went in yesterday they offered me a 1 million dollar endorsement deal,” I told him as I raised up and searched for my phone charger since my phone was only on 10 percent. “Why do you have all the luck in the world?” Ezra asks me. We just signed our contracts and you already have a deal with Nike, this is insane.” “ I know and they want to fly me out to Hawaii tonight,” I tell him as I see my charger on the floor and pick it up to plug it in.... [tags: English-language films, Want, ARIA Charts]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Me: You can go to hell!!!!!!!!. Hunter: LOL. “Oh my god he’s firkin crazy I think!” I was still shaking my head at my phone. Sarah laughed, “He’s possessive, he’s jealous, and he’s your professor. That’s three strikes right there Harley.” I didn’t go over to his house that night, instead, Sarah and I made supper and watched HGTV’s show House Hunters. We would each try to figure out which house the couple would end up buying but most of the time we were both guessed wrong. Hunter didn’t text me anymore that night either, thankfully.... [tags: 2005 singles, 2007 singles, 2006 albums]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- It’s weird you hear all these interpretations of what happens to you when you die. The most common one is you go to heaven or hell. I remember when I had my earthly body doing the things I love to do best which was cooking and spending time with my kids and I had so many grandchildren. Oh, and my beloved husband, I remember when he would sit down at the piano in the house and the family would just stand around and sing to their hearts content. “Why, why did I have to be taken from what made me whole?” I know that you can’t live forever, but I was taken too soon to only return to this earth as an object without the sense of smell, taste and touch.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Marriage]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Sitting in the back of very used minivan, with the paint chipping and rust under our feet. It had brown wooden panels and a loud squealing noise whenever my mom started it. We could not be happier to have it. This minivan had been generously donated to us from a family who had no need for it anymore. An anonymous family that we did not know. The wind blowing through my hair, the sunset shining in my eyes. I sat there anxiously awaiting to get to our new apartment. A brand new start for my mom and her little family.... [tags: Family, Mother, Wife, Father]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Throughout the semester we have discussed in class a great deal of topics pertaining to Human Rights including the rights of the individual whether they be man, woman, child or gay, lesbian, or transsexual. We have also discussed the rights of countries and their practices and whether or not we should interfere with them considering some of these practices are brutish and are carried out in devastating fashion (Female Circumcision). As a whole the class, along with our good friend Jack Donnelly, came to a conclusion that we should interfere in the most extreme cases even if it broke the law.... [tags: Culture ]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- I let him slip through my hands and the more I think about it, the more it destroys me inside. My head is spinning, swelling up with questions and no answers. The same thought kept creeping its way into my mind. Alec should have been buried with this. He never took it off. He would constantly tell everyone I asked him first. He treated almost as if it was an engagement ring. I squeezed the bracelet closer to my heart, thinking about his smile. Hot tears stream down my face. “Damn it!” I cried out in my room.... [tags: Father, Mother, If You Have to Ask, 2007 singles]
1660 words (4.7 pages)